Hindi Cinema Discussion

Happy New Year: It was shit, but not as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't worse than Ra-One or Chennai Express (which to be fair, is really, really hard). Terrible story, action, songs, and giant plot holes. However, it was funny in bits and Shahrukh and Abhishek just about saved this film from complete mediocrity.
You still dared to watch it.

Watched Kick the other day. What was the hype about????

What a medicore pile of rubbish. One thing I have noticed with the majority of bollywood films nowadays is the fact that they take ages to get to the point. Before the first interval, there was a ton of poor dialogues just to show a bonding between Salman Khan and Jacqi. Could have been completed in 20-25 mins not 1 hr 20 mins. The second part was marginally better. The action wasn't too bad and the feel-good meaning behind Salman's robberies was a heart-touching moment. Can't believe this film made over 200 crore on the box office.

Bang Bang: it was alright. i thought it would be a lot worse, but it was an ok, timepass movie. hrithik was never a great actor, but he's good at dancing and he's good at action, which this movie plays upto. the action itself is not all that great, and there are a lot of plot holes, but i can suspend reality as long as it is isn't too silly. katrina is shit. she can't act.

Mardaani: Both Rani and Tahir Raj Bhasin lift a pretty average film to one that is actually pretty decent. The plot was predictable, and unoriginal, but their acting lifted it a level or two. What I didn't get was if Rani's character loved Pyaari so much, why did she allow her to continue begging on the streets?

To be honest, Katrina Kaif has literately no acting skills. Really shows how far looks can take you the the industry (and being Salman Khan's GF probably helped her so much :) )

Finally got around to watch PK. To be honest, I found it too similar to OMG. For some reason this had a lot more controversy than OMG, yet I felt that they weren't that different. Not as good as 3 idiots but then again it is hard to get to that standard. Overall, it was not a poor film but it was a bit predictable. Had a few too many clichés for my liking.

What did you guys think of all the controversy surrounding it, did you feel that it "abused" your religion?

Edit: None of the songs where as good as Raj Kumar Hirani films usually are.

Finally got around to watch PK. To be honest, I found it too similar to OMG. For some reason this had a lot more controversy than OMG, yet I felt that they weren't that different. Not as good as 3 idiots but then again it is hard to get to that standard. Overall, it was not a poor film but it was a bit predictable. Had a few too many clichés for my liking.

What did you guys think of all the controversy surrounding it, did you feel that it "abused" your religion?

Edit: None of the songs where as good as Raj Kumar Hirani films usually are.
I too watched this film yes there was the abusement of the Hindu religion but talking about the money it beat dhoom 3

I too watched this film yes there was the abusement of the Hindu religion but talking about the money it beat dhoom 3

Yeah, I think it made in the excess of 300 crore. But with Aamir Khan in the cast it was always destined to do exceedingly well.

Watched Dil Se. Last time I watched it was in 1999 (11-12 yrs old) and had found it immensely boring.

But what a fantastic movie this is - an absolute gem by Mani Ratnam, rounding up his "terrorism trilogy". Follows the same idea as Roja and Bombay, as in, it is basically a love story with violence (terrorism) as the backdrop. But its so different and fresh (despite a few clichéd moments).

Taut script and story telling, backed up by one of SRK's finest performances - the madness of his character when he is stalking Meghna is so believable. He would have been a delight to direct for Mani - so unabashed, unrestrained and intense. It was like watching a volcanic eruption of energy and emotions. Top performance from Manisha Koirala as well, and adorable one from Preity in her cameo.

And special mention to AR Rahman's album and background score. Dil Se along with Taal have to be two of the most influential albums, that changed the sound of Bollywood music. Aided with Gulzar's lyrics and fantastic choreography by Farah Khan. Almost a perfect movie experience

Last edited:
Anybody saw Kill/Dil yet?

I heard very bad reviews of the movie so haven't even downloaded it :D :D not even interested[DOUBLEPOST=1422000182][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys anyone who has watched American Sniper ?? How is it any reviews ??
20141003_AmericanSniper1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread