Hindi Cinema Discussion

Om shanti Om and Fan ? because its a double role and SRK played a superstar in billu ? LOL

aib roast was aight. all of them were pretty shit except for the 2 aib hosts and raghu ram. karan johar is annoying.

aib roast was aight. all of them were pretty shit except for the 2 aib hosts and raghu ram. karan johar is annoying.

I agree. I was expecting something absolutely brilliant because the trailer was amazing but to their defence I think they had to edit most of the controversial shit that was said about someone else. Tanmay was the only one I found funny but other then that there was nothing much to it. I actually though Raghu was pretty nervous because he was constantly looking at his cards to know what his next line is.

Watched Dil Se. Last time I watched it was in 1999 (11-12 yrs old) and had found it immensely boring.

But what a fantastic movie this is - an absolute gem by Mani Ratnam, rounding up his "terrorism trilogy". Follows the same idea as Roja and Bombay, as in, it is basically a love story with violence (terrorism) as the backdrop. But its so different and fresh (despite a few clichéd moments).

Taut script and story telling, backed up by one of SRK's finest performances - the madness of his character when he is stalking Meghna is so believable. He would have been a delight to direct for Mani - so unabashed, unrestrained and intense. It was like watching a volcanic eruption of energy and emotions. Top performance from Manisha Koirala as well, and adorable one from Preity in her cameo.

And special mention to AR Rahman's album and background score. Dil Se along with Taal have to be two of the most influential albums, that changed the sound of Bollywood music. Aided with Gulzar's lyrics and fantastic choreography by Farah Khan. Almost a perfect movie experience

True that! Dil Se is a massively underrated film. Not just the music (which is probably the best ever album of AR Rahman; arguably as a whole) but the movie itself was pretty intense and well made.[DOUBLEPOST=1422644051][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I think it made in the excess of 300 crore. But with Aamir Khan in the cast it was always destined to do exceedingly well.

The collections of PK were not just about Aamir Khan. It had more to do with the fact that the movie has mixed reactions and it made people think and argue about it. Content wise, PK is far far superior to the likes of Dhoom 3/Chennai Express/Kick/Happy New Year, etc.

looking forward to Tamasha, Fan and Bombay Velvet. Piku and Shamitabh only because of BigB

Why are you waiting for Fan? As shravi says, it looks more Billu Barber type.

I am waiting very eagerly for Zoya Akthar's "Dil Dhadakne Do", along with Imtiaz Ali-AR Rahman's "Tamasha" and then finally for Anurag Kashyap's "Bombay Velvet". I also believe Bejoy Nambiar's "Wazir" could be the dark horse.

I too watched this film yes there was the abusement of the Hindu religion but talking about the money it beat dhoom 3

It was not abusing any religion. It was just making fun of all the crazy rituals/sentiments that we follow based on fear.

Why are you waiting for Fan? As shravi says, it looks more Billu Barber type.

Not quite sure whats Billu Barber type about it ?

Maneesh Sharma has definitely shown talent as a director - Band Baaja and Shudh Desi - telling old stories in a new manner. So will be fun to see what he does with this topic. And SRK ofcourse

I am skeptical about Bombay Velvet. Looking forward to it because of the star-cast. But I am always wary of these movies which come with "my dream project" tags. They usually end up misfiring spectacularly - some examples: Salman's Veer, Ketan Mehta's Mangal Pandey, SRK's Ra One etc.

This is supposedly Anurag's dream project. Same reason I am skeptical of Byomkesh Bakshi (besides the poor trailers) - it is Dibakar Banerjee's dream project.

Only guy who did fire successfully would be Imtiaz Ali - Highway was brilliant.

I heard they edited some jokes about Arpita Khan (Samlan's sister), Aditya Chopra, Boney Kapoor, Sridevi and Chetan Bhagat. They edited all the jokes about Narendra Modi, Shahrukh Khan and Karan Johar relationship

I heard they edited some jokes about Arpita Khan (Samlan's sister), Aditya Chopra, Boney Kapoor, Sridevi and Chetan Bhagat. They edited all the jokes about Narendra Modi, Shahrukh Khan and Karan Johar relationship

these were kept in though. or maybe just the less extreme ones?

but yea, was surprised not to hear any SRK-kJo jokes.

The only thing I didn't hear in it was the "SRK-KJO" jokes and the "Arpita Khan". All others were there (Aditya Chopra, Boney-Sridevi, Chetan Bhagat and Narendra Modi).

This entire roast (by AIB on Ranveer-Arjun and Karan) got so nauseating in the end that I had to go out and take a breather after being totally suffocated with it. It was like "unleash all the dirt that you have inside and be liberated". I am sure a lot of those people felt liberated at the end of it, having washed all that dirty linen in public. Frankly, the next show they do, I would read tons of reviews and really watch it only if its heavily censored. I just can't take this much of adult content (Seriously, I am not a kid and can take adult content; but not to this extreme)

Just started watching the roast. Not too bad. Some of it is quite funny. Some of it really isn't though.

Maybe going too far with the racist joke on that guy. Also technically you are not supposed to roast people who are not present on scene

it was pretty light stuff compared to the comedy central roasts, but the racist jokes were wayyy overboard. if they were going to edit stuff out, it should have been that. that is not acceptable in any country.

Users who are viewing this thread