Hindi Cinema Discussion

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dilwale looked really promising, until I noticed Rohit Shetty was directing it.

Hope SRK finally makes a good film, after the last few have been medicore or worse.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Hope SRK finally makes a good film, after the last few have been medicore or worse.
Are you sure? Chennai Express was among those which broke the box office record...

Varun

ICC Board Member
Its a good film

christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe_10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s400x300-173837.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - Easily Barjatya's worst ever work! To start with, the story and concept of the film itself was insipid and boring. All that idea of Sheesh Mahal on top of a waterfall, that plastic villian, etc. everything was ridiculous. There were 1-2 scenes which had the trademark Barjatya emotional stamp and those were good, but overall the movie fell horrible flat on the face. Salman was good as Prem, but as the Raja, he was wooden. Sonam was one overacting queen. The music was good, but the background score didn't match at all. As a huge Sooraj Barjatya fan (loved his last one, Vivah, so so much that I've watched it more than 10 times; his Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Hum Saath Saath Hain are all cult classics in family drama entertainment), I was let down big time by the film.

1.5/5

I feel Rohit Shetty will fall flat with this film. His forte is senseless comedy and flying cars. Here, he is being forced to include romance as someone has decided that Kajol needs to be part of this film which has Shahrukh Khan in it. And Rohit is doing something that's neither here nor there. The trailer itself showed it clearly. It was not anywhere close to the vintage SRK-Kajol romantic films nor is it in the proper Rohit Shetty league because SRK-Kajol seem a misfit into it. No hopes on Dilwale! Of course, it will be a money spinning machine as audience throw money at anything these days.

On that note, Bajirao Mastani looks spectacular and good. As a movie buff, Bajirao Mastani is the movie to wait for this Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread