Hindi Cinema Discussion

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is not a movie but has anyone watched this ad ? I don't use this word often, but it's so cute !

The ad features an elder brother who, out of goodness of his heart, gives up his chocolate in favour of his younger brother.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thugs of Hindostan = Pirates of the Caribbean

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thugs of Hindostan = Pirates of the Caribbean
Just because ships and East india are involved doesn't mean it's POC. Story looks completely different. So, I assume it was a joke.

Coming to the trailer, it was pretty bad. Hope film is not as bad as the trailer.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just because ships and East india are involved doesn't mean it's POC. Story looks completely different. So, I assume it was a joke.

Coming to the trailer, it was pretty bad. Hope film is not as bad as the trailer.
Yep, just a joke :p
A bad one, apparently

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched Sui Dhaaga only yesterday. Definitely not a bad film. Anushka Sharma was brilliant as Mamta. She actually overshadowed Varun Dhawan in the film. Varun was decent though it felt to me that he was not best suited for the role. I felt Rajkumar Rao or Ayushmann would've done better.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Finally watched URI (couldnt get tickets for the last 2 weekends, as they were getting sold out within a few hours)

Excellent movie - Gradually becoming a Vicky Kaushal fan. The dude can act !!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I watched URI last week too.. Brilliant movie! Absolutely wonderful! Vicky Kaushal is just rising rapidly as the new age quality actor who can guarantee you some great performances and a really good film. I have already become a Vicky Kaushal fan. My josh for him is very high!!! :D

Gully Boy is releasing in 2 weeks (Feb 14). I am pencilling in myself for FDFS. I don't to give a chance to myself for reading social media reviews on it.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Watched manmarziyan as well last week. Finally

And it turned me into a Tapasee fan. She is very solid performer, comparable to Alia as far as acting goes.

The movie itself was lovely. Love triangle done right. It was formulaic, but the characters were so well etched out. You could understand the motivation behind their actions which made them relatable. A formula movie in the hands of a mater story teller gets elevated to a new level - well done Anurag. And top performances. Vicky shining again.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I agree on Taapsee. I haven't watched Manmarziyan, but watched bits of it while my mom was watching it few days back and Taapsee looked good in it. However I have recently enjoyed Taapsee's performances in Mulk and Soorma. Also add in her work in the critically acclaimed blockbuster 'Pink'. She is a real solid performer. I would say she is another Kangana, minus the constantly bickering attitude. Hopefully Taapsee doesnt go on to imbibe the bickering attitude that Kangana has.

I had watched her in a Tamil film (where she had made her debut) opposite Dhanush and she was so 'mediocre' in it that I never thought she would grow up to be what she is now. And therefore, its a pleasant surprise to see Taapsee at this stage.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I would say she is another Kangana, minus the constantly bickering attitude. Hopefully Taapsee doesnt go on to imbibe the bickering attitude that Kangana has.

Off-screen Kangana is becoming unbearable these days - always crying and playing the victim card. For someone who claims to be so strong, it is hilarious how she seeks approval from the very same people she keeps bashing publicly. I did not watch Manikarnika because I just can't tolerate watching this woman on screen anymore, even though she is a good actress

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Off-screen Kangana is becoming unbearable these days - always crying and playing the victim card. For someone who claims to be so strong, it is hilarious how she seeks approval from the very same people she keeps bashing publicly. I did not watch Manikarnika because I just can't tolerate watching this woman on screen anymore, even though she is a good actress

Yes. I hate Kangana with such a deep heart. She's fake and a scamster. For no reason, she is riling up Alia Bhatt right now and trying to grab the attention. Alia is professionally warding off Kangana and full marks to Alia on that.

Kangana has had a deep problem with everybody in the industry and it can't be always "I am the victim and a saint". Its obvious that she has some serious issues which is riling up all those people. And I haven't watched Manikarnika too, because of Kangana only. And after I read interviews of the director Krish and a few snippets of what Sonu Sood and Atul Kulkarni said about Manikarnika, I decided not to watch it. I liked the music and what SEL did for it. But that's about it.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And after I read interviews of the director Krish and a few snippets of what Sonu Sood and Atul Kulkarni said about Manikarnika, I decided not to watch it.

Same. Why is it that she is the only one having problems with everyone she works?

I lost all respect for her after I read this interview by Adhyayan Suman about the abuse and abusive behavior he had to face from Kanagana. You can't make up thr stuff that he has shared. If the roles were reversed and a man had done this to a woman, it would have been a major MeToo blowup (and rightly so).

https://www.dnaindia.com/entertainm...ana-ranaut-s-spat-with-hrithik-roshan-2206798

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Unsurprisingly Gully Boy getting rave reviews...being hailed as one of the best movies of this decade

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Unsurprisingly Gully Boy getting rave reviews...being hailed as one of the best movies of this decade

Yeah. The reviews are pretty glowing and I did expect that. I am hoping to watch it this weekend.

Ranveer Singh is on a red hot zone right now. Right from Ram Leela, he has been going up and up. But his current form is stunning - he is giving classics and commercial blockbusters at the same time. Hope Ranbir Kapoor catches up. Sanju was a blockbuster, but Ranbir needs a few more of that (and more critically acclaimed ones) to be on that level.

Users who are viewing this thread