How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I found it a good and new inclusion. It was needed but definately could be improved. The most important thing is to get the abilities right. I don't like that I have to play a team not even close to their team in real life to get my strongest team.

Well I think apart from that it was pretty good, apart from the fact that your best player (being S Australia) moves states but I guess that's realistic considering I was coming last each season. So maybe have players move more commonly if they are not getting regular game time at their current state, if that is not the idea already, or if they have been at a club for a long time and want a new challenge.

I'd have a bit more player movement, in my South Australia game which I got like six or so seasons in, the only player that moved to my state was O'Keefe.
Maybe give us the ability to select any players from other states who they don't contract?

I started an England save while watching the Ashes.
Got knocked out in the super eight's after losses to NZ and SA.
Took apart both WI and Ireland in the first stage, was on track for about 210/220 against WI, but a useless finish which saw me only go at six an over for the last four/five overs meant I only got 190. Rolled Ireland for 100, and chased it down easy.
I defended like 150 against Bangladesh in my first match of the next stage, bowling them out for slightly over 100 after 13 overs, when they were above my run rate.
SA chased down 140 odd, then NZ chased down 160 odd, I just have no idea how to ball in T20 matches against decent batsmen.
Lumb and Kieswetter were aboslute garbage with the bat, but everyone else went pretty good.

Just signed Shahzad for my Sussex side. Had an awful season, no batting depth and no bowler averaging under 30. Also signed Alviro Petersen as my main overseas. Dan Christian is my only T20 player.

I do love challenges like this though. Trying to bleed in youngsters, watching that fast bowler take more wickets in one match, then lose his radar in the next match.

I got ICC 2010 today, and tested out the match engine in a 20/20 exhibition match first, it seems the same as ICC 2009 in that trying to slog with maximum aggression from ball one just results in lots of edges and a slow run rate.

I also tried the "New Improved AI Captain" by skipping matches with Pakistan, and when I picked the right bowling attack for the pitch I managed to win most, so that is a step up from the old one, when I lost every game I skipped.

Would love a Pakistani domestic league option in this game, but maybe domestic leagues in all countries will be a future option to hook us all back in when we grow tired of the same old engine and ugly skin and the same old terrible looking preset fields.

The ability to doctor your home pitches in International games would be fun too, beware any New Zealand team who manages to reach the 3rd Test in India with the series still tied 0-0...

Last edited:
Oh dear, Pakistan bowled out for 20 by Australia in the world 20/20, perhaps this AI captain is not as smart as I thought he would be...

Ryan Harris 0.4-0-0-4

(He only bowled 4 balls, and took a wicket with each one, he reeeeeeeeeeeally likes playing Pakistan doesn't he)

Looks like I am going back to the long endless trudging slog that is trying to play ICC without making stupid mistakes...I wish the AI could do that for me.

In my 2039 season, looks like this Steve Yapp had reserved his Super Best for both the Finals....:cheers

Ct.jpg

T20.jpg

Oh dear, Pakistan bowled out for 20 by Australia in the world 20/20, perhaps this AI captain is not as smart as I thought he would be...

Ryan Harris 0.4-0-0-4

(He only bowled 4 balls, and took a wicket with each one, he reeeeeeeeeeeally likes playing Pakistan doesn't he)

Looks like I am going back to the long endless trudging slog that is trying to play ICC without making stupid mistakes...I wish the AI could do that for me.

Anomallies do happen, but I will also say that I'm finding wickets fall a bit too frequently in 2010. Though my batting line up is pretty woeful atm.

What do others think?

We're always looking to strengthen the engine. I've notified the too high 4th innings score aspect and Australia player abilities, so would be good to address other weaknesses next year. It is important to us for the results to be realistic in the engine, so any feedback you have on it are great.

-----

My Sussex team are so poorly at the moment. Struggling to bowl well and batting very inconsistently. Finding it a bit hard on this save. What do people think generally of the difficulty?

Difficulty is fine. I personally haven't found wickets falling too frequently, but that's quite a hard thing to gauge.

One thing that is annoying is the number of gun regens the English get. By the second or third year nearly the entirety of their squad are regens.

Finally.....Won all 4 titles :cheers

Yes.....Finally! My team Surrey did it!! Winning all 4 titles!!! :cheers And it took me 33 seasons to do it. :eek: But, at last.... I did it in my 2039 season and I am elated. :)

But have to tell something here...About the game's AI.....

Having won the Challenge Trophy and 20 over Cup and confirmed of a CC title by the end of the 15th CC game itself....I had my task cut out for the last Pro-League game -

Out of 7 matches, Yorks had 12 points ; Kent & my team Surrey had 10 points. Kent had 5.6 NRR whereas my team had 3.8.....so I had my task cut out.....I needed Kent to win their last league against Yorks and also I had to defeat Middlesex as well as improve my NRR.

Kent bowled out Yorks for 113....BUT took 30 overs to get to that target whereas I restricted Middlesex to 163/9 and then chased the target in 23 overs ...thereby my NRR got a boosting....Surely the AI is very POOR .....In real cricket, Kent would have taken into consideration the NRR factor & probably raced to the target under 20 overs and won the title...but here, the other teams wont keep an eye on its nearest competitor's NRR. This is where I won the Pro-League and with it all 4 titles.

Pro-League

Pl.jpg

County Championship : 7th successive win

HS.jpg

Here's my progress over the past 6 seasons -
Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to go back to ICC 06. I started a new International career with England on normal. The first series was against Sri Lanka. I was batting first. My score when I saved was 84/8. Murali took 3 and Vass took 5. I then decided to go back to my Bangladesh save. I am in the year 2015. My next assignment is the World Cup. I just came off series victories against Sri Lanka and England and am #1 in ODIs and #2 in Tests. From the beginning of the game till now, I have only played 2 T20s while playing as Bangladesh. I think they should have gotten more seeing England gets T20 almost every series.(I think it is every series)

Just started playing my Bangladesh save again and pulled off a miraculous test series victory over New Zealand, winning one and drawing one test.

The win was a great win. We bowled first and after a 57 run opening stand from McCullum and McIntosh, we ended up bowling them out for 113, Sharif 5/57 and Shuvo 4/22.

Iqbal fell early in our first innings for 17 but Naz and Hom got us back in the game as we took the lead and Naz finally fell for 61 as we were 140/2. Al Hasan contributed with 48 as Hom still was going strongly. All of the rest of the batsman got starts, all scoring in double figures except for my #11 batsman, Alam who scored 8* while Hom finally scored his first century in a huge innings of 155.

We went out to bowl again and it got even better when we had them at 3/66 but fifty from Taylor, 45 from Kitchen and 111 from Williamson got them to a decent total but we ended up bowling them out for 318, Shuvo taking 4/85 and Sharif taking 4/105 as we won by an innings and 26 runs.

In the second test, we got off to a good start and a 2-0 win in the series was on the card at 195/6 but a 181 run partnership between Wells and Franklin got them up to a total of 419. Shuvo took 3/76 and Haque took 2/82.

But the batting was rock solid with Iqbal scoring 60, Naz (Regen) 44, Mahmudullah 60 while Hom went over to make 2 consecutive centuries and even beat his previous record, but only by 3 runs, out for 158. Rajin Saleh played a blinder as well, scoring 121 and Rahim also scored 50 as we were bowled out for 565.

We might have won if it had not been for Ryders unbeaten 137 which had them finish at 280/8, Alam 4/83 and Shuvo 3/73.

Shuvo has taken 24 wickets @ 20.87 in 4 test matches this season.

And ████, theres some regen Australian keeper that has scored 5 centuries and one fifty in 15 OD matches, but still yet to play a ODI although just batted at 3 in 3 tests against the West Indies.

Squad for ODI series with New Zealand:

Tamim Iqbal (Captain)
Shakib Al Hasan (Vice Captain)
G Naz (Opening Batsman)
Shuvagoto Hom (Top Order Batsman)
Rajin Saleh (Middle Order Batsman)
Shahriar Nafees (Opening Batsman)
Nazimuddin (Middle Order Batsman)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicket Keeper)
Mohammad Mahmudullah (All-Rounder, OS Bowler)
Suhrawadi Shuvo (Bowling All-Rounder, SLA Bowler)
Naeem Islam (Batting All-Rounder, OS Bowler)
Mohammad Sharif (RMF Bowler)
Enamul Haque (SLA Bowler)
Mahbubul Alam (RMF Bowler)
Syed Rasel (LFM Bowler)

Probable Starting XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal*
2. G Naz
3. Shuvagoto Hom
4. Mahmudullah
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Rajin Saleh
7. Mushfiqur Rahim+