How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

CHOKERS......CHOKERS....... :mad::mad::mad:

After 8 wins in the Group stages of the 20 over cup, my team lost to Durham in the Quarter Finals.....and now this ->

Chokers.jpg

Finished my 2038 season as Surrey. Retained the County Championship for the 6 successive time. However, couldnt retain the Challenge Trophy & Pro-League. Also lost the quarters of the 20 over cup.

Main.jpg

Ob.jpg

Last edited:
I am in season 2018 with India. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Zaheer all have retired and i am yet to find the replacement who are worth playing. My bowling mainly depends on Mithun, Ojha, Nayar and Ojha bowling's. In the opening, i am quite struggling with Gambhir playing good innings but Sehwag is completely out of form and is on the verge of retirement.
Is there no regen player for internationals?

200* for Sehwag in an ODI off 141 deliveries. The 200th run came at the last delivery.

The team collapsed to something around 150-6, then Bhajji (29) and Sehwag steadied the innings. They were involved in a hundred run partnership before the turbanator got out.

Eventually, India ended up at 319-9 after 50 overs, with Sehwag being not out at 200.

I am in the 2012 season. :)

My highest score in One day is 172* against Australia with Sehwag. In test it is 402 against Bangladesh with Badrinath.
For me in Test its again Sehwag and co-incidently, its 402 only. But he was not out, that's the only difference. :)

Here are his records in my game. :D

attachment.php

No strike rate for ODIs probably because I took the screenshot while an ODI is on.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 72
In the ODI I was playing while posting the above picture, Sehwag again scored a double ton! I haven't got past even 180s before this, except once with Sachin. And today itself I have made Sehwag score two double tons in an ODI back to back. His form in the recent past has been very well.

Have a look.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 73
I'm in 2011/2012 season as Victoria. Bryce Mcgain retired but Nathan Hauritz came from NSW to my team. My 2 overseas players are BJ Watling and Kyle Mills. Last season Bryce Mcgain was the best. He took 58 wickets in First class matches and David Hussey was awesome as he scored 1879 runs in FC matches with a best of 294. I won all 3 competitions.

Last edited:
My first-ever season completed

It's taken me about a year, but I've finally completed a season in one of my domestic saves. The vers is ICC09 and the county is Worcestershire. We even managed to walk off with the Pro League. We came second in the County Championship, got as far as the quarters of the 50-over comp whatever it was called, and got nowhere in the T20s.

We had no outstanding players, and even though I've accepted back the England job that I resigned during the year cos my county was going to the dogs, I don't think any of my squad will play for their country any time soon.

Still, I suppose I better have a little awards ceremony for my best and brightest.
Stephen Moore was the star with the bat, with the following stats:
FC: 32 inns, 1no, 1291 at 41.64, 4 hundreds, 6 fifties, HS 139
T20: 10 inns, 2no, 306 at 38.25, 2 fifties, HS 76no.
OD: 13 inns, 351 at 27.00, 2 fifties, HS 69

Two others deserve mentions having achieved 1000 first-class runs in the season. They are:
Steve Davies: 26 inns, 1no, 1011 at 40.44, 2 hundreds, 9 fifties, HS 142
Ben Smith: 28 inns, 3no, 1001 at 40.04, 8 fifties, HS 98

Steve Davies was also the top-scorer in the one-dayers (40 and 50 over combined) with:
17 inns, 2no, 677 at 45.13, 2 hundreds, 3 fifties, HS 106no.

One last batsman who deserves an honourable mention is Daryl Mitchell, who had our season high individual score of 162 not out.

In the bowling stakes it was Kabir Ali by several lengths. His figures:
FC: 14 matches, 558 overs, 74 wickets at 28.70, 2 5fers, best bowl 6-54
This was also our season's best innings bowling performance.
OD: 17 matches, 141 ovrs, 33 wkts at 19.18, 1 5fer: b/bowl 5-24, 4.48 rpo
His 5 for 24 was also a career best for him. Nice one son!:cheers
But with only 11 wickets at 20.18 in T20 (6.97rpo, b/bl 5-13 - 1 5fer), he was pipped by Imran Arif who had:
9 matches, 31 overs, 13 at 16.31, best bowl 4-24, 6.77rpo

One last bowler to mention is Simon Jones, who took out the best match bowling figures and our only 10 wicket match of the year with his 10-152 against Notts. It is with a certain regret that we celebrate this achievement, as we have parted ways with the young man in question, and he appears to have prematurely retired at age 30.

If you've got a favourite player in the Worcestershire '09 lineup and want to know how he did, drop me a line. I'll be back soon with my silly-season England squad for the South Africa tour.

EDIT: Oops...forgot my show-and-tell (see attached)

Attachments

• Worcs09.JPG
    Worcs09.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ajantha Mendis vs Calvin Flowers

Ajantha Mendis 8/96 in my first innings, as I scored 354, Amla with 161, Smith the next highest with 44.

Calvin Flowers then bowled non-stop after bowling the third over of the innings, after Steyn had gone for 16 in his opening over and took 8/129 in 37.1 overs, as they made 253 all out from 76.1 overs.

Now who will go better in the second innings :p

hedger_14 added 11 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

There we go. Calvin Flowers takes 5/79 opening the bowling to guide South Africa to a 88 run win, after South Africa were bowled out for 199 in their second innings, Mendis taking 3/59 while Athukorala took 4/25.

So Calvin Flowers 8/129 and 5/79 and Mendis 8/96 and 3/59

In total, Flowers 13/208, Mendis 11/155, and Calvin Flowers bowled 62 of the total 127 overs.

Just won my first WC with India in a new game. It was strange, I beat everyone convincingly yet I lost to Bangladesh in the group stage (serious case of deja vu there :facepalm). In the Semis I played Bangla and the Zimbabweans in the final! Weird stuff.

But a wins a win. My team was perfectly balanced - Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir were all in magnificent form, Uthappa struck quite consistently too. Raina and Dhoni/KKD also were pretty solid. I could afford to play 5 pure bowlers pretty easily throughout the series, which is pretty un-Indian :p.

Turns out I'm horrible at ICC2010. I've got 2 games on the go I'm about half way through the season with NSW in Australia and have only 2 OD wins to my name and 0 first class wins. Things are even more dire in my Yorkshire game as I have no wins in any competition after 4 first class games and 3 40 over matches

I draw almost all my FC games with NSW in the first season. Now completed three seasons but I rarely win, it's frustrating. Won the OD last year though with a Hauritz 46* off 19 winning it from an impossible position against Victoria which was good. Apart from that, it's very frustrating. I'm playing my Kent save in 2024 on ICC 09 again for now.

Half of my 2039 season as Surrey is over. In fact, should consider it an achievement :p to be at No. 2 in CC and also qualified for the Finals / quarter-finals of the CT & 20 over Cup respectively as at the very beginning of the season, 4 of my key players went for WorldCup duty. Since England went on to win the WorldCup I was without them for that 40 days or so. Then with the T20 group matches going on 5 of my players ( batsmen and allrounders ) went away for England duty. So until now, for most of the season I am managing with a squad of 13-14.

Here's the progress so far :

Hs39.jpg

I draw almost all my FC games with NSW in the first season. Now completed three seasons but I rarely win, it's frustrating. Won the OD last year though with a Hauritz 46* off 19 winning it from an impossible position against Victoria which was good. Apart from that, it's very frustrating. I'm playing my Kent save in 2024 on ICC 09 again for now.

What do you think of the Aussie inclusion? What would you change?

Users who are viewing this thread