How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I've started a season with Middlesex poorly. lost couple of matches, then we had a match against Surrey in a County Championship match. I've won the toss and choose to bat. I picked up an youth before the season starts, and he did poor in the first innings. We got to a decent total of 341 in the first day with the loss of 7 wickets. Neil Dexter with 115 and Eoin Morgan 74 no.

Play someone who should be in your side the whole season as captain

Well here is my first XI atm.

1. Michael Di Venuto*
2. Kyle Coetzer
3. Eoin Morgan
4. John Dobson
5. Jim McCulloch/Aaron Emerson (McCulloch is on INT duty most of the time)
6. Ian Blackwell
7. Phil Mustard (wk)
8. Mohammad Aamer
9. Graham Onions/Liam Plunkett (Onions is on INT duty most of the time)
10. Steve Harmison
11. Mark Davies

Backup Batsman: Chris Lingham
Backup All-Rounder: Jonathan Clare
Backup Bowler: Chris Woakes

I have a few more of each but they are the main backups.

Blackwell and Harmison must be both getting on in age, so I'd look to replace both of them ASAP.
Harmison wasn't great for me, so when I got Woakes I just swapped them.
With that bowling line-up I don't really see any need for an INT bowler, I'd try and get and genuine INT AR to replace Blackwell.

Harmison is still going strong with 45 FC wickets @ 22 this season. Blackwell will probably go at the end of the season. I don't know whether I'll replace Aamer though. He's been in the squad for 2 seasons now and is going well although not great this year.

On the second day, We were all out for 382 and They scored 255/3, which doesn't really leave anything for either batsmen or bowlers. After 10 overs they were at 279/6 with Ramprakash (35) and Afzaal at the crease. Finn was surprisingly crap with none for 56 in 11 overs, so I've given a try to Danny Evans and was a masive success with two quick wicket and at the end there were all out for 312.

Started a new Australian Career with Victoria. Didn't know that David Hussey can bat so well in 4 day matches. The first match was against South Australia and Hussey scored 99 and 266* in the match.

What a player! :hpraise

I guess ACB has to select players properly.
In T20 WC(09), WIth Australia in the finals tied with RSA but they won on higher wickets. Haddin and Lee were batting in the last over when both of them could have scored a run but both them out. After Haddin, Lee easily was dismissed. My wickets increased to 7 from 5. RSA had lost 5 wickets. Alas! What a golden oppurtinity wasted.:doh

Playing as Surrey & finished my 2037 season. Won 3 titles and lost one.:(

County Championship :

Retained it for the 5th consecutive time. :happy

On Seeing the Points Table itself, its pretty much clear that the fight for the title was between my team and Durham as the rest of the teams were lagging way behind right throughout the season. In fact, until the first 12-13 matches, Durham were always ahead of my team by 4-5 points but them losing their 15th match ( to my team ) & 16th match ( to Worcs ) allowed me to go ahead as I continued my winning streak even in the last stages.

Sr.jpg

Here's my performance over the last 6 seasons...

per.jpg

Just say who you think should be the next captain. Here are the options. I would prefer a batsman but you can decide who.

Kyle Coetzer
John Dobson
Jim McCulloch
Eoin Morgan
Chris Lingham
Phil Mustard
Ian Blackwell
Jonathan Clare
Mark Davies
Stephen Harmison
Graham Onions
Liam Plunkett

Without doing any research I would confidently say...Mustard or Blackwell depending on who is in the team at the time. When they're both in the team I would say Blackwell.

ICC09: Haven't got very far

Playing as England, I lost only two matches in the 2009 T20 World Cup - both to Australia and unfortunately one being the Final. We won the WIndies Test series 2-0 and the ODI series 2-1.

I have one save as each of the county sides, which is why I haven't got very far chronologically. Nine of them are paired with the nine countries.

My best '09 Challenge Trophy performance so far is as Sussex where I've got to the quarters (haven't played it yet). My Somerset haven't finished their group games yet but they're 5 wins & no losses. My worst team Glamorgan is 0 & 4, but they've been mostly played by the vice-captain because it's a Glamorgan-West Indies save and the England games are on.

In the County Championship, my Worcestershire have 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss and lead their division. I have three other saves (Northants, Middlesex and Gloucestershire) who are also leading their respective divisions. My worst are Derbyshire and Durham who are last in their tables. Derbyshire have no excuse, but Durham are paired up with England so I have not been able to captain them much.

I also have one save on Easy, as Essex, although I can't say I've found it particularly easy at all. Still, they are leading their division and in the Challenge Trophy semis, so they are performing best of all my county save sides.

Only three of my saves (including the easy one) have played domestic T20s yet. Essex on Easy are last in the group on 1&2. Essex on Normal are 4th on 2 wins/2 losses. The only one of the three with a positive net run rate is Worcestershire, who are also in 4th with 3 wins/4 losses.

Thinking of starting an Australian domestic career, what a good balanced team to start with?

Thinking of starting an Australian domestic career, what a good balanced team to start with?

South Australia... or maybe not. Maybe West Australia?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread