How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Playing with NSW is annoying because internationals keeping coming and going, and when they are back you're massively overpowered.

SA is the worst team so they're a bit of a challenge.

Tasmania is better than SA but not by too much.

Victoria and Queensland are pretty balanced I think.

And I've forgotten one state :/

NSW are hilarious to play on my game with SA because they don't have a dedicated wicket keeper so the byes flow through

Tasmania is a nice team. SA is very bad(I just played 2 matches and I was greatly irritated) but if you love challenges, you'll love them too.

In my first season with SA I think I won literally one game across all formats.

I wouldn't say South Australia are quite as bad as Worcestershire. But they're close.

I think I'm finally getting into this newest game. (Read that as: started to win games :p) Playing as Somerset I've won two and drawn one CC match so far, with an easy win in the Pro40 too. Just played a crazy game where I had Essex struggling bowling first, only for Napier to score a ton. I then struggled like crazy to get past their score of 230, thanks to 77 from Buttler, giving me a 30 run lead or so. Struggled again to get wickets early, but somehow managed to chase 300+ in the last 2 and a half sessions to win by 7 wickets. I think you call that a rollercoaster of a game.

In 2013 with India. Coming from a well fought test series and ODI series against Australia. I may be the no.1 team in both formats but I had a real tough time against Aussies in the Test format especially. Drew the first three and some how managed to win the 4th one by 37 runs. The 5th test was also a draw and we won the series 1-0 :p.

We then went into a 5 match ODI series against Australia. First match, we won by a huge margin of 110 odd runs :D. Second match we again won this time by 7 wickets. We were hoping for a win in the 3rd match also, and the total we were chasing wasn't tough but the Aussies some how got a win and that too by a 2 run margin :p. We won the 4th ODI by 6 wickets to seal the series and we wanted to win the 5th ODI but wasn't unsuccessful as Australia won it and the series was won by us, 3-2.

We are now going to Pakistan to play 3 Tests and 5 ODIs. The 1st test was a draw. But we got a comfortable win in the 2nd. They won the toss and elected to bowl first. We bowled them AO for 318. We didn't have the brightest of start as we lost Gambhir as he got injured. We then lost Manoj Tiwary also and I was now depending upon Rahane and Pujara to save my innings and they did. They had a 356 run partnership between them!! Pujara yet again unlucky to get his first double century was out for 172. While Rahane went onto to score his 7th or 8th double century :p We declared on 472-7 having a lead of 154. Pakistan didn't have a good start to their 2nd Innings as they were 5 down for 56. They were soon 8/72. Abbas, Khan and Gul tried their best but Pakistan were AO for 153, and we got the win by an innings and 1 run :D.

I found a regen RF bowler in N.Sharma, who has done well so far. The other seamer for me is the returning Ishant Sharma. He has been the best bowler so far for me :D , but he will not remain the best for me as their is a regen spinner who is doing pretty well. He is W Mehra and he replaced Ravi Ashwin who hasn't been in the best of form in some of the recent series. Mehra has taken 5wickets in both innings in the 2nd test of Pakistan. Currently he has 30 wickets @ 23.77 in test and 11 wickets @ 22.45 in ODI. The other spinner is Bhaji. He is still going strong at 33. Has 550 wickets @ 29.58 and 321 wickets @ 31.23 in ODI.

My current line up-

Gautam Gambhir
Ajinkya Rahane
Manoj Tiwary
Cheteshwar Pujara
Subramanium Badrinath
Ravi Jadeja/W Ananthpadmanabhan/Suresh Raina
M.S.Dhoni
Harbhajan Singh
N Sharma
Ishant Sharma
W Mehra

So, Half of my 2038 season as Surrey is over and here's my progress :

County Championship :

At the halfway mark, my team is placed at the first position. :happy But with 3 other teams creeping up, I need to be consistent to retain the title.

HSR.jpg

I have just got ICC 2010. I want to know if there is retirement in the game, means whether a player retires or not?

Amiya added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

If yes, then generally at what age?

Yea players retire, normally around 34-36 but can be younger or older than that.

Users who are viewing this thread