How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

i was England till 2013 but got boring had some awesome players,
reeves test avere 70

my best was Strauss scored record runs in tests got average over 60
two 300 and 6 200
ill post a screenie later
i got 3rd test and 1st ODI
beat bangla in world cupfinal

Hmm, 2022 and my only wicket-keeper retired. I turned my nose up at a youth player who averaged 5 in the second team and was rejected by the only other wicket-keeper who became available in either Youth, Domestic or Overseas.. I'm in for an interesting season I think

Ah....Just like in the 2007 season, I again qualified for the semis of the T20 Cup in my 2008 season playing as Surrey.

Needing 154 to win, I thought it was almost over when my mainstays Newman, Ramprakash, R.Clarke, Benning went back with about 85 required in the last 10. But T.Murtagh smashed a 34 ball 49. Well supported by A.Mahmood. 5 balls to spare in the end.

In fact, in my 2007 season itself I could gone to the Final but a last ball six by P.Nixon (Leics ) sent me soaring out of the competition. This time I am up agst. Somerset in the semis.

Last edited:
Scott Newman on FIRE

Ever Since Mark Butcher had got a 179 in my 2006 season, I had desired a double ton. S.Walters got a couple of 170+ scores in the 2007 season. Even R.Clarke got a 170+ score.

But today in my 2008 season, 11th CC game Surrey's Scott Newman got a double ton...in fact a big double ton...nearly got a triple ton....

682rqlz.jpg

What is wrong with Hampshire batsmen? NOT ONE OF MY BATSMEN HAS SCORED A HUNDRED FOR MONTHS! No joke, not one hundred or good partnership from my batsmen. I have tried just about everyone, even people who have been playing in the 2nd team well come in and struggle. At the beginning Crawley scored a double hundred but since then he has been useless, Carberry has also scored a double but has done nothing since, and that was in like March or something.
Does anyone else play as Hampshire? Or could someone please have a look and see who is actually able to hold a damn cricket bat?

Man, I'm getting frustrated. Im playing as Hampshire, and I am going terrible. Going to be relegated to second division in Couny Championship, mid-table in the Challenge Trophy, didn't qualify for the 20/20 cup and that England job looks a long way away lol. What should I do? It's only my first "Full game" season and it is so far going along pretty badly. Should I resign, and start a new season with a new club? Or should I look at this as a challenge and try and bring Hampshire from the botton and play youth players for the rest of the season and look to buy big in the off-season?

SURREY DID IT

WON THE 20-20 CUP

Yes...I am totally elated and excited. Just in my 2008 season as Surrey and I won the Twenty-20 Cup. When Durham set a target of 150 in the Finals , I was a bit apprehensive because in the semis my team had got to the target of 133 in the last over. But S.Newman led the way as he blasted a 61 ball 87.

Also I am happy for one more reason. I won the semis and Finals without my main strike bowler A.Sunny, who is out of action for 2 weeks. In fact, just before the semis there was a CC game where Sunny got injured & I got terribly upset.

Here's my progress -

Grp.jpg

Knk.jpg

Sccrd.jpg

great win in the final, only 1 wicket lost, u walked it :)

Ya....but the semis was a thriller...Needing 133 to win it went down to 12 from 7...In walked T.Murtagh, who very soon is becoming my Finisher, took a single to keep strike....Hit a four off the first ball of the final over....2 singles came...a dot ball....He again hit a 4 of the penultimate ball to tie the score and a single off the last ball...

thats one of the times when you have to hit the next ball button insted of the next over button lol. tense!

KEPT MY SLATE CLEAN....:p

...In my 2008 season....No Losses.... Yes....In my 2008 season as Surrey I kept my record clean with No Defeats in the County Championship. Among those 10 draws, there were atleast 3-4 matches which I could've won but it ended in draws because of either Rain Interuptions or the stiff resistance from the opposition tail. Now that proved crucial.

4pbzntj.jpg

there is nothing more frustrating when the tail hold on for a draw!, and it prob cost you the title looking at that

10 DRAWS!!! i would be seriously thinking about making some more aggressive declarations

More than aggressive declaration it was , as I said Rains and the Tailenders holding on....

In one match, Essex were ahead by 153 runs 9 wkts lost. Then Foster-Dias put on 60 for the last wkt as well as bided lots of time. By the time the last wkt fell ,some 30 overs leftout . Ended up at some 193/6.

In another match, after I gave a follow-on, the opposition were 8 down. Then J.Gillespie ( 33 n.o ) batted for about nearly a session along with the Keeper before the last session was rained off.

Another match about 4 hours lost due to rain on the last day itself.

Also there was the problem of bowling form. A.Mahmood was good in patches. Unlike the previous season this time he didnt get any '5 for, 6 for'.

J.Dernbach, S.Remmington, P.Sampson, N.Doshi, R.Ferley were good but they are not those '4 for, 5 for' type of bowlers yet. Which meant that A.Sunny carried the entire bowling burden. He got exactly 100 CC wkts but the rest of them didnt even get half of it. There lies the difference.

Last but not the least S.Broad was horribly out of form this season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread