How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

So, almost half of my 2031 season as Surrey is over. Here's the progress :

Hsr.jpg

Last edited:
In 2019 as Kent on ICC 09, and just won the CC for the first time. I had finished 2nd and 3rd before, but this was easily my best season in CC:

aweomeseason.jpg

I'm someone that has played a fair bit, but when I reach Season 2020-25 I generally restart.

I've done it with Sussex six times, Middlesex once, Lancashire 2 times, and Sussex + Australia 4 times, but it has gotten old each time, when by Season 202- I have either an unbeatable squad, or have not managed to get any good players, and win/lose every match.

I've started again, with Surrey this time, and I am in Season 2014.

My line-up right now is this;

1. T Benton - Youth player. His debut for my team and 2nd team stats (120* + 104 in his first FC match, and avg. of 80-90 in 2nd team) made me sign him. He's averaging 58 in FC
2. A Carrington - Another Youth player. Not as fiery as TB, but a HS of 111 and avg. 34.91 means he's cheap to keep.
3. T Budden - A Youth Player I renamed to match my name, averaging a heroic 68 from 28 FC's, he's a good first fall.
4. T Green - Allrounder, with a good career, 250 matches, 57 average, and a strike bowler when the going is slowing.
5. R Ponting - Duh. :happy
6/7/8. H Batskos(keep), N Marciano, C Eastough. All allrounders, with very average averages (renamed, P.S).
9. A Laker (renamed), leg-spinner with 850 wickets, a number ever increasing, averaging 17.71 with the ball.
10. A Deede, RF, 22.87 and 3.14 an over.
11. S Carbone, OS, 21.27 avg. and 3 an over, makes him work well with the other two.

That's 5 batsman, 3 batting allrounders, and 3 bowlers. I have often used a spinner to open the bowling, especially in Ltd over matches, because it often means the effect of the pace-opener is doubled. It has worked many a time, but like all tactics, has backfired.

I'm looking for a new line-up however, and especially new youth players, because it feels better to work up a new player than an old one.

If you have any names of Youth Players that have worked or domestic players, please write a list.

ty for reading lol.:rtfl

Man, i'm only like, an hour further into playing with this team, and both those openers have had their averages slaughtered, and not both out for the rest of the season because of injuries. Dissapointing, but i'll persist because I can't afford not to.

EDIT:

Had an awesome match of cricket. An FC game, I bowled the opposition out in 94 overs for 298, (31 maidens in that, too). I then was forced to declare after good batting on 390 for 7.

They later declared, 300 in the lead with 2 sessions and 20 mins left.

I was none down for 50 after the 20 mins, then wickets fell, 3 for 180 with a session left. I lost wickets rapidly, and was 9 down for 230 with an hour to go. I thought I couldn't do it. But D Salvoldelli and A Laker saved the day, with 27 from 80 and 17 from 60 respectively, meaning I was only 50 runs behind, at the end of it.

I'll try and load some images of it.

Last edited:
A Brilliant Idea

Someone on another part of the forums posted 699 new field settings for people to use. I cannot and will not claim credit for this.
fisch made these and here is a link to that part of the forums.

He's got easy instructions to download and set them up, and a word document to help you understand the settings.

ttp://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-captain-dowloands/custom-field-settings-scroll-down-free-download-36028.html
:happy

I'm still playing on my long-time Bangladesh save. I posted a page ago but that didn't really include too many details about my squad so I might make a more detailed effort here.

The year is 2021, and Bangladesh still are nowhere near being a force in cricket, although we are slowly rising up the rankings. I haven't edited any of the players ratings, that would just give me no sense of satisfaction when I win. We haven't really been able to make any improvement in Test matches, and are still sitting in 9th position, tied with Zimbabwe and one point behind New Zealand. We were actually leading New Zealand in tests, however the recent series was a 1-1 draw after New Zealand managed to pick up a fluky victory in the second Test which saw them push one point ahead of us again.

ODIs are a different story though, as we begin to build our squad. Alok Kapali, perhaps one of the greatest ODI players ever for Bangladesh has retired many years ago, but some of the faithfuls like Al Hasan and Iqbal are still in the squad. We are sitting 6th in the world, ahead of the West Indies, South Africa, New Zealand and Zimbabwe, and we are just 4 points short of Pakistan. Australia still lead the ODI ratings, whilst India are on top of the Tests.

Here is the starting Test XI:

1. Derek Arif
Born in 1994, Arif made his debut in the first class arena at 23 and was selected in the Test and ODI squads that year after some superb performances. He has now cemented down a spot at the top of the lineup, and despite some inconsistent performances of recent times, he is still a valuable batmsan.
Test: 1340 runs @ 31.16
ODI: 1617 runs @ 44.92

2. Tamim Iqbal
His first class career has spanned 17 years but he still shows no sign of slowing down, and at the age of 32 there seems to be still a lot more ahead of him. He is the most successful Bangladeshi batsman ever, and took over the captaincy role of Shakib Al Hasan in 2018. He still remains one of the more reliable batsmen, and has 6 test centuries and 9 ODI centuries to back this up.
Test: 3751 runs @ 29.54
ODI: 5382 runs @ 33.64

3. Shakib Al Hasan
He has remained in the squad since the start of the coach's campaign in 2009 and he has one of the rare distinctions in the Bangladeshi squad - he has never been dropped through form. However, at the age of 34, his best cricket is behind him and he is starting to struggle to take wickets like he used to in test matches, and he is not quite as consistent as he was in his youth.
Test: 4248 runs @ 28.13, 362 wickets @ 25.96
ODI: 5277 runs @ 28.52, 318 wickets @ 23.35

4. Sharif Imam
Born in 1998, the now 23 year old made his first class debut in 2020, and, like Derek Arif, was immediately snapped up into the test team after averaging over 50 in the first class. However, he hit a form slump upon joining the team and hasn't performed as well as he would like. Despite this, he is being touted as the next big thing for Bangladesh, and with many years to come in his career, he could soon hold down the number 3 position and possibly even captain the team after the departure of Iqbal and Al Hasan. He looks extremely promising for the future.
Test: 240 runs @ 20.00, 2 wickets @ 91.00
ODI: 269 runs @ 33.62, 1 wicket @ 31.00

5. Delwar Ahmed
An aggressive middle order batsman, Ahmed has performed quite solidly for the Bangladesh team in recent years without being brilliant. In his 33 innings for Bangladesh, he still doesn't have a century to his name, but has looked promising and has hit valuable runs when required. However, he often gets a start but doesn't go on with it, proving to be very frustratin for Bangladesh. At the age of 28, he is hardly one of the young guns, but should hold his spot for a few more years.
Test: 379 runs @ 23.69
ODI: 311 runs @ 25.92

6. Farhiz Rehman
The youngest player in the Bangladesh squad, Rehman, is just 21 years old and looks to have an exciting career ahead. Whilst not quite up to the standard of Sharif Imam, he looks like he could have a potential middle order position in the Bangladeshi squad and has already been thrown into the Test side. His first ever series against Pakistan looked to be a horror start, as he yielded just 1 run from 3 innings but he showed signs of maturity with a composed 57. He still has a lot of work but is looking like a possible candidate for a spot in the middle order.
Test: 58 runs @ 14.50

7. Asif Gul
Born just 8 days after Farhiz Rehman, he made his test debut at the age of 20, a year ago, however that was only for a one off position with injuries plaguing the Bangladeshi team and he hardly looked impressive in his first two test matches. After a spell in first class cricket, he has returned at the age of 21 and has looked extremely encouraging with a superb series against Pakistan, in which he hit 164 runs at an average of 54.67.
Test: 229 runs @ 32.71

8. Mushfiqur Rahim
His career has spanned 17 years but he has been frequently in and out of the team, with Imrul Kayes often favoured over him. However, in recent times with the lack of Bangladeshi keepers, he has been called into the side again. However, he tends to fail often when under pressure, but he is known for an occasional good innings in which he scores runs very quickly. He has a total of 262 dismissals as wicketkeeper for Bangladesh, but his batting hasn't been quite so successful, and despite having a staggering 227 innings in all forms for Bangladesh, he has never scored a century in the red and the green.
Test: 1915 runs @ 19.34
ODI: 1914 runs @ 23.63

9. Sajidul Islam
At the age of 33, some say his best years are behind him, but he still proves to be one of Bangladesh's leading strike bowlers and is extremely valuable for his country. He can be a game breaker for his country and when he gets going, he normally finishes extremely well. Is a very dangerous ODI bowler with his superb inswingers and he can more than hold a bat as well, and has taken part in some famous run chases for Bangladesh with excellent innings down the order.
Test: 1330 runs @ 16.42, 166 wickets @ 40.49
ODI: 982 runs @ 17.23, 142 wickets @ 32.46

10. Suhrawadi Shuvo
One of two main spinners for Bangladesh, he has been one of their best bowlers for many years after finding a spot in 2012. He has rarely been out of the team since then and his gentle slow left armers have picked up 788 first class wickets in his career. He is also a very capable batsman, with a Test high score of 44 and a ODI high score of 61*, and he is very similar in that regard to Sajidul Islam. He may not have too many more years in the team, but he has certainly served Bangladesh well.
Test: 937 runs @ 14.20, 180 wickets @ 36.38
ODI: 641 runs @ 17.32, 138 wickets @ 29.04

11. Dolar Mahmud
The number 11 position has gone to many different players over the years, with Dolar Mahmud becoming the latest to hold it down. Arafat Sunny and Al Kabir often held down this position, but Dolar Mahmud has finally taken it back after some impressive performances on the domestic scene. The left arm quick has had a superb impact on the ODI team, and is just one wicket short of taking his 100th ODI wicket. He hasn't quite been so successful in test matches, but he has never stopped trying and he is a very handy bowler when in form and now has taken the number 11 position over.
Test: 423 runs @ 16.27, 92 wickets @ 41.18
ODI: 269 runs @ 12.81, 99 wickets @ 26.73

Yeah. Rahim has also never hit either a Test or ODI century for me. He averages around 20 in both forms.

Shuvo and Islam have also been handy batsman down the order for me. Shuvo's top score in Tests is 56 while Islam's is 63*. Islam's average is around 16 in Tests.

I lost my Bangla save so started with India this time. Won the T20 WC then defeated West Indies 3-1 in the ODI to go to no.1 in the one day ranking from 3rd. Then we played Australia in 7 ODI series where we won the first one then Australia won the next 3 ODIs , the 5th ODI and 6th ODI was a Do or Die situation for us and we won both of them. Then the 7th ODI was the decider which again was won by us. Then we went into the series against SL at home. We had the test series first up. The first test being a draw, we need 4 wickets to win the match but in the end SL somehow managed to draw the game. Second Test saw us win by a huge margin of 200+ runs and the second test saw us win the game by another huge margin of 150+ runs. We went into a 5ODI series with SL. We won the 1st one then SL managed to win the 2nd and we again got our winning form back by wining the 3rd and 4th one. SL won the last ODI just for their pride. Then we went into a series with minnows Bangladesh. We played two test matches which both saw India winning by a huge margin one being 200+ runs and the second being 300+ runs. Now I am going to play the 3ODI matches with Bangla.

Sri Lanka's bowling lineup is simply incredibly in my match. As well as Ajantha Mendis maturing to have a first class bowling average of 17, a one day average of 14, a test average of 18 and a ODI average of 16, they have developed a new regen right arm fast bowler called E Aroos. He is simply unplayable, my Bangladesh team had no clue how to play him and he demolished the tail regularly and took 19 wickets in 2 matches against us. He averages about 19 in test matches which is incredible for a pace bowler.

In the test series we played against Sri Lanka, as expected in the First Test we were flogged by 10 wickets, and we were lucky to make them bat again. However, this made the second Test even sweeter as somehow we managed to post 380 against the best bowling lineup in the world and we made a complete reversal, going on to win by 10 wickets. I was stoked. We got taken apart 3-0 in the ODI series, though. :D

Wow! 10 wicket win, nice. My best effort as Bangla on 06 is an innings win over New Zealand. Was stoked =D haha

* I'm now five seasons with with New Zealand (using Chewie's patch), we are ranked 4th in test's and 2nd in ODI's.
* I just had my most successful season as manager/coach/captain, in which we picked up test series wins against Pakistan (3 - 0) and South Africa (2 - 0).
* We have some world class batsmen, but have a terrible pace attack consisting of only two international quality player's (Mills and Southee), every other pace bowler who plays gets a hiding.
* Vettori has been a dominant force with the bowl, taking three/four off his real life average, but the quality of his batting has dropped off significantly.
* I have only tried two regens so far. One of them A. Hammond has a 2nd team average of 80, FC average of 60, and the other one is an all-round spinner, who I'm hoping will become the next Vettori.
* With my aging bowling attack, consisting of only two players (Southee and Boult) in their twenties, I have a tough couple of seasons ahead of me.

Test Batsmen

J. Ryder 45 matches, 3079 runs, average of 39.
D. Flynn 49 matches, 3251 runs, average of 39.
M. Guptill 34 matches, 2380 runs, average of 38.
B. McCullum 83 matches, 4896 runs, average of 37.
R. Taylor 54 matches, 3607 runs, average of 36.

Test Bowlers

J. Oram 66 matches, 214 wickets, average of 28.
D. Vettori 131 matches, 532 wickets, average of 29.
K. Mills 45 matches, 139 wickets, average of 32.
J. Franklin 40 matches, 104 wickets, average of 34.
T. Southee 27 matches, 80 wickets, average of 35.

ODI Batsmen

A. Hammond (god regen) 17 matches, 861 runs, average of 54.
J. Ryder 93 matches, 3560 runs, average of 43.
M. Guptill 85 matches, 3230 runs, average of 41.
R. Taylor 143 matches, 4054 runs, average of 36.
K. Williamson 52 matches, 1164 runs, average of 35.

ODI Bowlers

K. Mills 178 matches, 268 wickets, average of 26.
D. Vettori 319 matches, 360 wickets, average of 31.
T. Southee 54 matches, 76 wickets, average of 32.
J. Oram 201 matches, 221 wickets, average of 32.
I. Butler 34 matches, 37 wickets, average of 35.

Hey CG, In ICC08, I was playing NZ in NZ the other day, and their opener S. Fairley (I think) scored 2 hundreds and a fifty in 2 tests against me. I won both matches but I could not get the guy out! Have you tried him out? This is in 2013, so he is not a regen.

Users who are viewing this thread