How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I have started as batting all rounder who bowls fast medium. I can't score at all and my highest score is 4 batting at five. :facepalm However I am loving the bowling aspect. I got five for on debut and I have been getting regular wickets ever since. I have got bowled and lbw a lot. This might be due to my inclination to bowl inswing. In my desperation to be good at batting, I have stopped playing the career mode for now and will look to hone my batting skills before I get back into career mode. Pray for me please :(

Wow. Just wow.

First T20 match for Hobart, I get in to bat, 3 balls remaining, 17 runs to win.

First ball bowled to me, I hit my first ever career six (indeed first time for any boundary in any match, playing on veteran), and then 11 off 2 - I start having the slightest thought that maybe I could do this.

Next ball is a slower ball I didn't pick, missed. Next ball I go for it again, one bounce to the bowler.

Absolutely awesome finish to the match.

Wow.

...when it happens, you know it huh? I'm amazed at my internal response to those moments, like it's a real game. Literally cheered a win the other day, in a shorted 30 over ODI against Tasmania... I contributed not a hell of alot, but we got the win!

I chose an allrounder who bats at 4 and spins the ball. I wanted to be a premiere batsman who spins a bit.

My highest score is 22. I am struggling with the batting. Think I average about 4 with the bat. I have had some unbelievably bad luck. 2 catches down legside by the keeper. Some unbelievable catching by the bowler and fielders and have run out myself a few times.

The bowling can not be better actually. My best figures are 7 for 20 something. And I have had a couple of 5fors. My strike rate is something like 13 with the ball and I was averaging 7 at once stage. I am really enjoying the bowling for the first time in a cricket game. The one bad thing is that sometimes I don't even get asked to bowl but I am sure this would change in future.

This morning before I left for work I decided to do one more game and got another 5 for. The best of all was that I picked up the last 2 wickets of the innings to get my 5.

Just to add to my previous post - T20 is great in the career mode - you have so much pressure on each ball, because unlike the longer forms of the game, the match situation can change drastically with one bad ball.

It's hard not to get invested in each ball.

Side point - I took a simulated catch in the career mode, so it is possible - remember someone asking about that.

Another T20 match and another amazing situation - I get given the ball for the last over - 3 runs required to win.

Three dot balls, one run, another dot. Two runs off the last ball - I get hit for four, lose the match.

I cannot think of another time in any cricket game I had things close to that level of tension. I can't think of enough superlatives to say how <insert positive words here> this is.

@MattW So apart from the mechanics and physics, its the amazing AI that leads to these tense situations? How much better would you rate the AI now and possibly after a bit of patching?

@MattW So apart from the mechanics and physics, its the amazing AI that leads to these tense situations? How much better would you rate the AI now and possibly after a bit of patching?
Well the match simulation engine is very good from the matches so far. The AI also seems to be situationally aware, being more conservative with lower targets.

Maybe it's just luck though. I looked at the simulated results for a 5 match test series that was happening between Australia and England over the summer, and England won that 4-0, so there might be some major issues to resolve.

Started as a bowling all-rounder (left hand bat & fast ball), playing for Glamorgan. I am playing my first match (a 4 day match). Took 5/49 & made 35 of 31 in the 1st innings before being run out. Just took my 1st wicket in the 2nd innings. So, I have 6 wickets for my debut.

Wow. Just wow.

First T20 match for Hobart, I get in to bat, 3 balls remaining, 17 runs to win.

First ball bowled to me, I hit my first ever career six (indeed first time for any boundary in any match, playing on veteran), and then 11 off 2 - I start having the slightest thought that maybe I could do this.

Next ball is a slower ball I didn't pick, missed. Next ball I go for it again, one bounce to the bowler.

Absolutely awesome finish to the match.

Wow.
Hmmm, you're saying you hit your first six playing on veteran difficulty in career mode, is that what the locked difficulty setting is in career?... or are you just saying that, i'm curious as to why the difficulty is locked in the career mode, and more importantly what it's locked to.

Hmmm, you're saying you hit your first six playing on veteran difficulty in career mode, is that what the locked difficulty setting is in career?... or are you just saying that, i'm curious as to why the difficulty is locked in the career mode, and more importantly what it's locked to.
You choose your starting difficulty, that was my choice of starting difficulty.

Has anyone tried to be a wicketkeeper in career mode?

I literally cant make a run! im averaging about 3 in FC get caught behind every time.

However have about 40 wickets @ 13.

And im a batting allrounder. Hope I can still get picked for NZ as a bowler!

Users who are viewing this thread