How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
career

For your career, do you have to start it in county cricket teams or can you download other teams?

Quick question and sorry if already answered. I've made the team i play for on saturdays, was wondering if i could use that team in career mode ? So im playing with my saturday team ?

id love if you could! wonder if they would turn up hungover too though? :cheers

Career

When you start your career do you have to start it with the English and Australian domestics teams or can you download others and join them?

Think Im just going to leave the unlicensed players in the game to avoid glitches and stuff, if its anything like the old brian laras with Andrew Flantiff I'll slowly change the names myself over time.

Quick question, does your player improve over time then, bowling/batting/fielding attributes.

Im sure I read somewhere that the attributes are set from beginning to end of career :/

When you start your career do you have to start it with the English and Australian domestics teams or can you download others and join them?

Well, you could always replace the County Championship or Sheffield Shield teams with other downloaded teams; then in career mode you'd see the teams you replaced them win. I don't think you could create a league of a different amount of teams though, as such.

Career mode bug would still let you down with that although probably not any more than it does for people not doing that, really.

I seem to be having the same problem as some other people here, i'm playing as a batting all rounder, batting #5 . I'm loving bowling for the first time ever in a cricket game, but for some reason it doesn't matter how much i practice and change camera positions i cannot get my head around the batting, it feels incredibly inconsistent and the no radar for fielder positions or timing of shots makes it just a little bit to frustrating for me.
I no they didn't want to make it a slog fest and that's a great thing, but i just can't find any rhythm at all with the batting in career...anyone got any ideas?.

Can someone post there exp points im up to 1812

Also what is the career ranking points? Im up to 7840?

started batting all-rounder career mode with about 6 ducks and very few runs

than i knuckled down for the grind and posted back2back 40's in the T20s after signing with Sydney Thunder (partly because in T20's there are spinners being used when i came in @ #4 )

im still learning the curve, but what i think works is the following

a. hit to your strengths - ive picked front foot, so im using front foot for 90% of my strokes - regardless of the pitch. my back foot skill is 2 bars and ive played and missed and got bowled off the back foot. ive hardly been bowled at all on the front foot - there is always bat involved atleast

b. check the field, move your batsmen in the crease to the perfect spot to make strokes to the gaps in the field. this does involve pre-medating, but im kinda forced to play front foot strokes so early in my illustrious career, ive got nothing else in the kit to fall back on.

c. use defensive strokes for pace, eventually the field will change and u can position your batsmen to start making strokes. against pace i find it easier to play front foot leg glances, so im moving to the front of the stumps and forward. i still get caught out from bad timing, which is better than hitting the pads or stumps.

d. take your time early. i believe there is a confidence bar, even though it disapears in career. for both times i got passed 20, i got to 40 even easier. i got out in the 40's for slogging in the last over of T20's, trying to get my maiden 50

e. change running camera to broadcast, much easier to see if runs are on or not

i've still gotto play around with the triggers, having them slightly pressed does give a defensive stroke to which u can score runs, this saves the non triggered risk of hitting up a catch to the infield.

i suspect the more we play the better our batting stats improve, but will be interesting hnow bowling goes at the same time, as i have bagged a few 5-fas in my short career and im just an all-rounder. this could be due to my massively increasing bowling skills. i do find it easier and after 12 or so matches, my bowling is improved much more in the skills, but thats coz im taking more wickets than scoring runs. i suspect this gap between bowling n batting will increase until you cant get muchy better at bowling, then batting will catch up. this would go vice versa for those that find batting easier

----------

and i suppose these big questions need answering from ROSS

when the patch comes, will we have to restart our careers?
when we changes the rosters will this reflect mid career?
can we change the difficulty mid career or any other setting. after 6 ducks i wanted to drop down the order to #6 , but i couldnt find it.
or does a career take a timestamp of the game when you begin, so its impossible to make mid career changes?

Last edited:

than i knuckled down for the grind and posted back2back 40's in the T20s after signing with Sydney Thunder (partly because in T20's there are spinners being used when i came in @ #4 )

a. hit to your strengths - ive picked front foot, so im using front foot for 90% of my strokes - regardless of the pitch. my back foot skill is 2 bars and ive played and missed and got bowled off the back foot. ive hardly been bowled at all on the front foot - there is always bat involved atleast

b. check the field, move your batsmen in the crease to the perfect spot to make strokes to the gaps in the field. this does involve pre-medating, but im kinda forced to play front foot strokes so early in my illustrious career, ive got nothing else in the kit to fall back on.

c. use defensive strokes for pace, eventually the field will change and u can position your batsmen to start making strokes. against pace i find it easier to play front foot leg glances, so im moving to the front of the stumps and forward. i still get caught out from bad timing, which is better than hitting the pads or stumps.

d. take your time early. i believe there is a confidence bar, even though it disapears in career. for both times i got passed 20, i got to 40 even easier. i got out in the 40's for slogging in the last over of T20's, trying to get my maiden 50

i've still gotto play around with the triggers, having them slightly pressed does give a defensive stroke to which u can score runs, this saves the non triggered risk of hitting up a catch to the infield.

i suspect the more we play the better our batting stats improve, but will be interesting hnow bowling goes at the same time, as i have bagged a few 5-fas in my short career and im just an all-rounder. this could be due to my massively increasing bowling skills. i do find it easier and after 12 or so matches, my bowling is improved much more in the skills, but thats coz im taking more wickets than scoring runs. i suspect this gap between bowling n batting will increase until you cant get muchy better at bowling, then batting will catch up. this would go vice versa for those that find batting easier

----------

can we change the difficulty mid career or any other setting. after 6 ducks i wanted to drop down the order to #6 , but i couldnt find it.
or does a career take a timestamp of the game when you begin, so its impossible to make mid career changes?

Thanks a lot of this post I'll be trying some of your suggestions tonight.

----------

Don't have the game yet but by the sounds of it, BigAnt really dug into the fine details in making career mode enjoyable.

Can someone please tell me, when you play career mode can you also have a mate playing on another controller using the other batmen (when your career player is batting) and/or using the other bowlers (when your side is fielding)?

Ftb9vRW.jpg

:thumbs

So I was playing a 50-over game and it was Queensland v NSW. I was bowling and they were 9 down needing 60 odd to win. I get Moises Henriques out plumb LBW, and they have a review left, so they take it. Doesn't get overturned but still, talk about intelligent AI! I LOVE this game.

-----------------------

What are the bowling changes picked on? Some days I'll be bowling within 20 overs and just now I didn't get the ball until they were 9 down after 91 overs. Which is extremely unusual considering the fact that I am the leading wicket-taker in both formats of the game.

Last edited:
Just gave this thread a sticky and a rename, while you can still use it for general career mode discussion, especially as it arises out of other people's updates - feel free to talk about how your career is going, post about any events in it that you want to mention, etc.

If you want to go really long form on it, the cricket games stories forum can give you space to write a storyline for your player.

Users who are viewing this thread