How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I want to start my career with an india domestic team.....is that possible?

I started my career as a batting all rounder but i must say my player is excellent bowling at i took 16 wickets in the first 3 innings of mine!! :)

it tells you in the manual u memorise it after a while, i have

Okay when you do it this way can you see the difference in deliveries? Like when you select doosra or googly and you bowl can you actually see it is the doosra?

Okay when you do it this way can you see the difference in deliveries? Like when you select doosra or googly and you bowl can you actually see it is the doosra?

yes u can see the extra flight and all

I've switched batting cameras in career mode to the Batting (Close) camera, which seems to help pick the ball up. Got a solid 3 in a recent match.

Another exciting moment was coming in at the non-striker's end, 7 down with 2 runs required and 40 or so balls remaining in a OD match - two AI batsman get themselves out up the other end and I'm starting to worry that they are going to fail, the next ball the new batsman blocks it, leaving two balls left in the over.

Then, he plays a very similar shot to the one that got the last batsman out, but it falls safe and goes for 4, won the match without facing a ball.

Getting close to the end of the first year, with 5 rounds remaining of the domestic competition. Still no chance, but I'm slowly building up my bowling stats - with them finally being noticeably higher than I started on.

Certainly the right decision to start the career on veteran level, there's a real challenge to it which I expect I wouldn't have had bowling on Pro level. I can get the occasional 4 wicket haul (the AI continually takes me off to prevent me getting 5 :mad) but then I'll go matches where I'll get none at all.

A tiny point I liked - after playing badly and going for an average of over 8 in the Australian T20 league, I'm now 'no chance' of making it into the England T20 League, while previously all of them were 'a long way off'. It shows that it's format specific, so if you keep sucking at T20 and OD matches, you can probably still make the Test team, or at least make it to the FC side of a county team.

20140405175651.bmp

Users who are viewing this thread