How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
My cricket career has been put on hold until I sort out my over heating power supply. Stupid fan stopped working. :facepalm

Probably dust on the fan. Turn it off, take out the battery, get a can of compressed air and blow it through the vents. Simple and cheap. I had the same issue not long ago, and this worked like a charm for me.

Probably dust on the fan. Turn it off, take out the battery, get a can of compressed air and blow it through the vents. Simple and cheap. I had the same issue not long ago, and this worked like a charm for me.

It's in my PC... Corsair power supply, 120mm fan, fan just sits there and twitches back and forth, moves about 2mm each way. 15 minutes after starting any game, PC just turns itself off. May have to try get my files across to our laptop and start a new career... wife won't be happy that I'm hijacking the laptop that she watches series on though :P

Did some internet research and recovered the lost/deleted files and got my career profile back.
Played 2 first class game since then in aussie shield cup for victoria

1st game
117(12th) 3/28 &2/11.
2nd game
49, 5/40& 6/28(1st 10 wicket in match )

Motm in both games :)

Last edited:
Started a new career after the patch once I figured away around the freezing issue on xbox.
Playing as a batting all rounder bowling fast medium.
In first class I average about 21 with the bat and around 38 with the ball.
One day I'm averaging 39 with the bat, but that due to a few not outs and I'm averaging 20 with the ball.
T20 I averaged 13 with the bat and 17 with the ball.
Playing on legend and just as far as the first game after the big bash finishes in the first year at 21 and that's batting at number 6

Is there a way to change the difficulty mid career mode? I know this game is not designed to be a slog fest however mid my first season the difficulty has increased to professional. After several net sessions I cannot even hit the ball, not once, not even an edge. This brutal increase in difficulty has ruined all enjoyment of the game to the point I have stopped playing.

It's in my PC... Corsair power supply, 120mm fan, fan just sits there and twitches back and forth, moves about 2mm each way. 15 minutes after starting any game, PC just turns itself off. May have to try get my files across to our laptop and start a new career... wife won't be happy that I'm hijacking the laptop that she watches series on though :P

...you might want to replace that before your pc catches fire, just sayin'

Just a quick question, I hope I'm not imagining things but I'm sure that when I played my career on the Xbox with an English domestic team the P40 Cup was actually 50 overs per side and now when I've started a career on PC the P40 cup is actually 40 overs long. Am I losing my mind or was this changed ? Also is there a way I can change this to 50 overs to reflect the new Royal London One Day competition replacing the YB40 ?

Just a quick question, I hope I'm not imagining things but I'm sure that when I played my career on the Xbox with an English domestic team the P40 Cup was actually 50 overs per side and now when I've started a career on PC the P40 cup is actually 40 overs long. Am I losing my mind or was this changed ? Also is there a way I can change this to 50 overs to reflect the new Royal London One Day competition replacing the YB40 ?

Yes its changed to 40 overs, don't think it can be changed back to 50

I'm enjoying my career mode at the minute, although I'm hopeless with the bat... I'm somewhat okay with using actual batsmen in casual matches, but my career player is useless.

I've actually edged to slip twice though which was nice to see, although I've never seen the AI do this or had it happen online. Seems to only happen with the minimally skilled career player.

I'm also taking quite a silly amount of caught & bowled wickets now that I've gotten into the habit of pushing the stick forward after the delivery... Took 5-22 in a 40 over game and 3 of them were c&b... 3 more in the following 4 day match.

I have been selected for t20 league & I am forfeiting domestic matches
Will it be a problem for me?

guys, any idea how to edit field positions in career mode? :(

I'm enjoying my career mode at the minute, although I'm hopeless with the bat... I'm somewhat okay with using actual batsmen in casual matches, but my career player is useless.

I've actually edged to slip twice though which was nice to see, although I've never seen the AI do this or had it happen online. Seems to only happen with the minimally skilled career player.

I'm also taking quite a silly amount of caught & bowled wickets now that I've gotten into the habit of pushing the stick forward after the delivery... Took 5-22 in a 40 over game and 3 of them were c&b... 3 more in the following 4 day match.

I'm experiencing the opposite, purely as a result of my own doing. When I created my player I adjusted his attributes to increase other areas and decrease catching and throwing accuracy as I thought I would just simulate that part of the game hence no need for those attributes. I now find that I cannot take a c&b chance to save myself. I am however getting a few caught behind to the keeper, mainly with good length in-swingers. Not had any wickets caught in the slips as I'm a medium bowler.

guys, any idea how to edit field positions in career mode? :(

When you're bowling, down on the D-Pad brings up the list of preset fields and you can choose one. Up brings up the "radar" of where each individual fielder is to enable you to tweak the preset fields.

I don't know if fields set in the academy are available in career mode, but if they're supposed to be I'd expect them to be available through the D-Pad down.

Got my first century finally after the early order collapsed. 108 from around 70 balls.

Then got out edging it on an off-spinner to the keeper.

Is there a way to change the difficulty mid career mode? I know this game is not designed to be a slog fest however mid my first season the difficulty has increased to professional. After several net sessions I cannot even hit the ball, not once, not even an edge. This brutal increase in difficulty has ruined all enjoyment of the game to the point I have stopped playing.

no you cant

but its not particularly harder on pro.

you just arent doing it properly. Play the batting tutorial.

you are missing a vital input. The manual will tell you but the tutorial will show you.

Users who are viewing this thread