How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
i believe customised teams are in the career

Yeah I think it might take a while to setup all of the realistic teams but it will be worth it. I'll likely just play in the team mode for a few weeks whilst Cricket Academy becomes flooded with really good teams to download.

hey guys

Absolutely stocked that we're getting 'Be a Pro' - I've been suggesting this for a while. I have a few questions though:

1. I'm assuming your bottom level team (or 1st Tier) is a club. I saw Western Sydney in one of the links there. I'm assuming you're modelling Div 1 cricket (which is excellent)? Are you modelling a full Div 1 comp? ie. if I wanted to, I could STAY in domestic cricket and just aim for the title each period.
2. If I started my career either as an opener or middle order batsman...and I made it to the national team...would I be slotted into the same position or moved around as required (eg. the WHOLE friggin current australian team! lol)
3. Are you modelling other 2nd/3rd tier int'l teams? eg. Fiji/Samoa/Vanuatu/etc?

hey guys

Absolutely stocked that we're getting 'Be a Pro' - I've been suggesting this for a while. I have a few questions though:

1. I'm assuming your bottom level team (or 1st Tier) is a club. I saw Western Sydney in one of the links there. I'm assuming you're modelling Div 1 cricket (which is excellent)? Are you modelling a full Div 1 comp? ie. if I wanted to, I could STAY in domestic cricket and just aim for the title each period.
2. If I started my career either as an opener or middle order batsman...and I made it to the national team...would I be slotted into the same position or moved around as required (eg. the WHOLE friggin current australian team! lol)
3. Are you modelling other 2nd/3rd tier int'l teams? eg. Fiji/Samoa/Vanuatu/etc?

From what I can gather (please correct any inaccuracies)

1 If you play well you will get promoted. How many suburban cricketers would refuse the chance to play for their state? If you play poorly you will get dropped though, so perhaps that's how!
2 The captain chooses where you bat (unless you are the captain). I assume that if you are a middle order batsman you may play at 3 in one tier but then move to 6 or 7 in the next, like in real life. For an opener if you are moving up into a team with two superstar openers already, I assume you'd be slotted into the middle order.
3 Absolutely no idea sorry but I have a sense that only test playing nations will be included since there is a level progression system and the final level has test cricket.

I know this has probably been answered before but I am having troubles keeping up with everything. Will we be able to be wicket-keepers in career mode?

You can become captain, and you can be demoted.

We had a discussion earlier on here about the not accepting the captaincy a while ago, which I think MikeM clarified that captaincy must be accepted.

Ross does commentary compliment all these ?

Yeah I think it might take a while to setup all of the realistic teams but it will be worth it. I'll likely just play in the team mode for a few weeks whilst Cricket Academy becomes flooded with really good teams to download.

i know this is off the topic and stuff but can anybody tell me where i can legally obtain cricket academy ?

@cricket_online thanks. need to get this pc sorted out first as well. thanks alot:cheers:cheers

Yeah, the pirated version... the one where you can give your character a peg-leg an eye patch...

I am a huge fan of this game, have been reading the forums over the past couple of months and can't wait to play it.

I hope the career mode feature is deep and well done, as opposed to playing a bunch of games and hoping to increase rank without no storytelling.

I would love for the game to have press-conferences / interviews when you are under pressure. Your coach and/or captain should be able to give you instructions and punish/reward you accordingly via personal chats. You should have rivals that challenge you for a place in the domestic / national teams and grow with you as you age. I hope the game is smart and implements the career mode well.

Users who are viewing this thread