How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I wonder...does attaining level 5 ie. test status change your club demand? eg. if you've played Aust domestic cricket solely....and then make the test team, do you suddenly get offers from big clubs eg. Sussex, etc?

I i remember correctly Ross has mentioned our career player will get offers from abroad :cheers

The presence of Australian and English domestic cricket in the career mode seems obvious... but will there be Indian domestic cricket?
Thanks in advance :)

The presence of Australian and English domestic cricket in the career mode seems obvious... but will there be Indian domestic cricket?
Thanks in advance :)

Thats where the editor comes in handy I imagine. I hope to be designing a Dutch domestic league......

Surely there are domestic teams, at least generic, for all major countries because otherwise where is your career player going to start his career if not English or Australian?

Thats where the editor comes in handy I imagine. I hope to be designing a Dutch domestic league......

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt if we can create tournaments for career mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt if we can create tournaments for career mode.

I don't see why not - it would make sense to be able to use tournaments created in the Competition Designer in Career Mode; and I can't imagine that they'd be hard to code. I'm also sure Ross said that you could - I could be wrong though!

Nope. As far as I know, there have been no clarifications on that front yet. It would be perfect, though, to have custom tournaments in career mode so that you can closely replicate the domestic format for each nation.

Ross had mentioned that their aggressive Marketing campaign will start about a month before release day. Considering that the press release is not in their priority list atm, I think we can assume that release may have been pushed to October. I hope that ain't the case though.

Release hasn't been "pushed" from anything since it's never been announced. Stop just making stuff up. The smart money has been on October since day one...

Jeez man. Why do you have to be so assertive. It has been assumed since long that game will release before 30th September based on a certain hint from Ross. I was just sharing my thought.

Ross had mentioned that their aggressive Marketing campaign will start about a month before release day. Considering that the press release is not in their priority list atm, I think we can assume that release may have been pushed to October. I hope that ain't the case though.

Ross also said we will see a lot less of the game this month than it was intended before.

That is due to the competition still working on their game. Ross and co. is a bit worried about features getting copied. We all know they already added manual appeal and drs to their game after big ant, and also seems to have added stuffs tournament editor, series editor, tour etc etc, something that were not part of their original plan.

And also ross's distribution source says 505 gave trickstar an ultimatum. they have to finish the game by mid september or they may as well forget it. So until around that time, i do not see the dbc14 either releasing or sharing a lot of inforfmation. But like ross said , the originally planned release date will not be changing for it. My bet is still the end of september.

Last edited:
So what type of player are we all thinking of creating?

My 1st players is going to be a batting allrounder, who will be Victorian. He will be a top order batsman who is a fast bowling outswing bowler, more of a Tom Moody type player, i use to love watching moods....

Can wait to bust my ass and finally make the state teams and then hope for that County or IPL contract...

the whole premise of the idea is fantastic

tell me, did you lot ever play be a pro mode in NBA 2k series or in maddens??

this game has so much more potential because of the different contracts and teams that you can play for over the career.... even the different roles in those teams...

as say the batting allrounder i am going to create, for the Vics i could be a no.4 batsman who bowls a few overs, but then for Surrey i may be asked to be the no.7 batsman who bowls 1st change but then for the Kolkata night riders in the IPL i may be a opening batsman who bowls at the end of 20/20 games

we could have so many different roles over the 20 year career for so many different teams, this game has the capability to keep on giving!!

To be able, eventually to look over you 15 year career and see that you had you best years as a no.3 batsman at sussex and played terrible as an opening batsman for trinidad and tobago in the Champions league

I could go on for hours here..... as i said, the possibilities with this game are endless!!!!

So what type of player are we all thinking of creating?

My 1st players is going to be a batting allrounder, who will be Victorian. He will be a top order batsman who is a fast bowling outswing bowler, more of a Tom Moody type player, i use to love watching moods....

Can wait to bust my ass and finally make the state teams and then hope for that County or IPL contract...

the whole premise of the idea is fantastic

tell me, did you lot ever play be a pro mode in NBA 2k series or in maddens??

this game has so much more potential because of the different contracts and teams that you can play for over the career.... even the different roles in those teams...

as say the batting allrounder i am going to create, for the Vics i could be a no.4 batsman who bowls a few overs, but then for Surrey i may be asked to be the no.7 batsman who bowls 1st change but then for the Kolkata night riders in the IPL i may be a opening batsman who bowls at the end of 20/20 games

we could have so many different roles over the 20 year career for so many different teams, this game has the capability to keep on giving!!

To be able, eventually to look over you 15 year career and see that you had you best years as a no.3 batsman at sussex and played terrible as an opening batsman for trinidad and tobago in the Champions league

I could go on for hours here..... as i said, the possibilities with this game are endless!!!!

The idea of career mode is just fascinating to me in cricket..I have a little bit of experience while playing the career mode in FIFA 13..can't wait for the game to be released..:)

PS: say I choose to be a batsman..are we supposed to simulate the rest of the match apart from batting..like are we supposed to be field manually and do we have the option of third person camera in the game please?:spy

Users who are viewing this thread