How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Hey Ross I have a question... will there be cutscenes in career mode?

Ross, for the team career mode you said we would get to save the team at the end of the career mode and play with them against each others' career teams.

Since team career mode is no longer part of it, is there anything special we can do with our career player at the end of his career?

not sure if this has been asked/answered before, what is the earliest the player can represent the national team? and
can he be dropped and make a come back to the team??

not sure if this has been asked/answered before, what is the earliest the player can represent the national team? and

He can certainly be dropped and I imagine if he plays well enough again, reselected........if I remember you wont be able to just walk into the national side but at the same time if you are good enough age doesnt matter....i.e Root and Rogers!

Click the link in my sig and see point 43 for career mode info.......yeah just read it myself again...confirms that you will have to,prove your worth in domestic competitions if you are dropped from the national side......

Last edited by a moderator:

Depends on you and the opposition (as in for competition for selection).

For example, would it be easier to break into the Australia of the 80's,90's,00's or now?

Last edited:
I was just editing my own interpretation of Brett Lee and Shane Warne on CA and it struck me again... Has there even been a better team in history than Australia late 90's early 00's. What kind of performance do you need to put in to break into that team! :eek:

Ross if I perform badly, and I mean badly at school/university level do I still progress to the next level?

Surely if I'm not performing I do not warrant a county/state contract, so what happens next? Do I just stay playing for the university side?

I wouldve though that would be it, you just keep playing for the university side, i would assume the level wont be too hard to compete against so yeah, you might suck early, but as you get more used to the controls and stuff, you will be making tons for the uni side within your first 12 months

They wont want to stall the progress too much

but i could easily see that you could spend a good few years playing for a state reserve side before really breaking into a state side, and then a few more years playing for your state side before your even considered for national selection!!

here is a pure guess at projection of a standard career

1 year - 1 1/2 years = Playing for university local team
1-2 years = Playing for State reserve teams, fringe state player
3-4 years = playing full state cricket, towards the latter half starting too dominate
1-2 years = Probaly make the international T20 squad, fringe player, still playing alot of shield
1-2 years = make the one day squad, maybe on fringe selection for test matches, are dominating shield / State cricket at this stage
Rest of Career - international cricketer, gotta keep performing to stay on top

so by my calculations, starting as a 16 year old i reckon it could take upwards of around 9 years (seasons) before realistically expecting to play regular Test cricket

What you boys think?

so by my calculations, starting as a 16 year old i reckon it could take upwards of around 9 years (seasons) before realistically expecting to play regular Test cricket

What you boys think?

Well just like what dutchad said depending on how well you perform it could take a lot shorter than that amount of time.

if I remember you wont be able to just walk into the national side but at the same time if you are good enough age doesnt matter....i.e Root and Rogers!

I was just editing my own interpretation of Brett Lee and Shane Warne on CA and it struck me again... Has there even been a better team in history than Australia late 90's early 00's. What kind of performance do you need to put in to break into that team! :eek:

*cough* Brad Hodge *cough*

Australia's other best No.3 batsman....I reckon he would've gotten the NO.3 spot in any other test team in the world (except maybe India, with the little master) but couldn't fit into the Aussie team with Ponting. We could certainly use him right now.

Users who are viewing this thread