How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I was just editing my own interpretation of Brett Lee and Shane Warne on CA and it struck me again... Has there even been a better team in history than Australia late 90's early 00's. What kind of performance do you need to put in to break into that team! :eek:

Although this discussion is for another thread...there probably wasn't one better than them ever. Each of them in the team were either legends or greats. Probably the team i have hated most out of pure jealousy and frustration. And will be making that team soon. :)

Last edited:
Ok so the "what we know thread" has been updated by angad, so lets have a deeper look at what the career mode is about:

43) Career Mode:

Originally our career mode was to be team/player management based however after a lot of trial and error, and feedback from focus groups, we decided that the career mode needed to be player centric as the team model just wasn?t enough fun for the majority of those who played it. So it's a bit more like "be a pro".

So... here's the bullet points from the game in a raw form:

* You play as One Player - Name Him and Alter his Appearance, give him a nationality and set attributes - Awesome, always wanted this to happen in a cricket game, just awesome

* You give your player a Role - batter, bowler, batting all rounder, bowling all rounder - For me, it will be a Batting allrounder, you want to be involved in all parts of the game and i reckon being good at 2 roles will increase your chances of promotion through the levels

* You start as a 16 year old and go for 20 years - I tell ya, it will take a long time to finish a career, which will be an achievement in itself

* You are offered Contracts each year with performance related bonuses - now this is interesting, score a certain amount of runs, take a certain amount of wickets maybe??

* There are 5 Ranks that you must climb - ultimately playing for your International Team - I am hoping that level 4 is maybe play t20 for your international team? or maybe be a fringe international player, where level 5 is when you are secured in the international team?

* Skills are increased by playing the game well, or decreased by playing badly, as your skill level increases so will your rank, your rank can also decrease as well. - this is interesting, not only do you get dropped if you play poorly but you lose what ranking you achieved!!

* Match Types and Lengths of matches increase as your rank increases - with Test Matches only happening in Rank 5 - see this is where i believe that maybe rank 4 might be a t20 international player, or maybe a one day player..

* The game will simulate up until your participation point in any given match, you will also be able to drop in and field as yourself if you wish, or continue to simulate at any time. - thats fantastic news, the games will be awesome doing it this way, like when you get benched in the nba 2k series, and also the fielding possibilities, fielding the last 10 overs of a 1 dayer, the 1st session of a test match, etc etc

* Money you earn is used as a High Score on an Online Leaderboard - nice touch this, so do i assume that we dont spend out money on better equipment and such?

* There is also a unique First Person View (as well as 3rd person), we have even integrated Oculus with the PC version and it was awesome, it felt like you were there!! - I will be buying this on PS#, but the whole oculus thing makes me think that this could be one of the 1st games i ever own on 2 different platforms!

*You can even play as a WicketKeeper/Batsman in career mode - I tell ya, it will take a dedicated man to go through a 20 year career as a wicketkeeper batsman!!

* You can be invited for special events or county cricket during the off season - Now this is where my interest really sparkled, County in the off season just awesome, but are we thinking that IPL, and even ICL Champions league 20/20 tournys might be involved, can we mercenary ourselves to Christchurch, or trinidad tobago if our state sides dont make the Champions league!! the options are endless

* Your created player will auto-age during the career mode. you'll get some height change, attribute changes and if you want appearance changes through the career - If i get sponsored by KFC can i get fatter?? too much beer after celebrations? In all seriousness though, nice touch, looking forward to growing grey hairs

* You can be selected as the captain of the side - now wont this get interesting, selecting the team and maybe changing your own role within the team, go from no.4 to opening because you feel you can add an extra bowler in the lineup because you trust your own form!!

* If you do not perform well, you would be dropped from the side to a lower one (e.g if you fail to perform in the International side, then you would be dropped and would need to prove your worth again in the domestic matches) - Fantastic love the realism here

All in all i am overly pumped, the reading this writeup makes me believe that Ross and Big Ant studios really investigated what people wanted in a cricket game and are delivering, well done, i applaud you all

i know we all can not wait to sink our teeth into this game

poor ross will have no one to talk to on these forums because we all will be dominating the game!!

lol agree with all your comments. I actually LOL'ed when I read your comments re KFS sponsorship and getting fatter...didn't Mark Cosgrove go through that??

yep 100% he did, and he is a batting allrounder, I am seriously basing my be a pro on Mark Cosgrove!!

yep 100% he did, and he is a batting allrounder, I am seriously basing my be a pro on Mark Cosgrove!!

Sorry, but Mark Cosgrove isn't an allrounder. He is a batsmen and a VERY part-time bowler.

In the carrer mode the money you earned will be used as high score thats a let down.i would have preferred that the money you earned can be used for purchasing better equipments or for unlocking some hidden achivments.

Are their any bonus for pre-order like other games?

I was thinking of a mode where you went through 15-20 years as a player then when you retired went on to manage a team. You could start off coaching a small team in a lower grade and move your way up through the ranks ultimately managing your country (similar to the five ranks in be a pro mode). I know this would definitely be very hard to do. But would be a possibility for future instalments.

You will be offerd contracts from advertiser so are their any licenced advertiser and will their be any season end program giving trophies to the best team and best player like icc does.

----------

I was thinking of a mode where you went through 15-20 years as a player then when you retired went on to manage a team. You could start off coaching a small team in a lower grade and move your way up through the ranks ultimately managing your country (similar to the five ranks in be a pro mode). I know this would definitely be very hard to do. But would be a possibility for future instalments.

Yeah its a great idea but to combine both it may be hard since game like fifa doesnot cimbine the two but something to look after in future instalments.

Thats probably for DB cricket 15 :cheers

Seriously though, I'm sincerely hoping the gameplay is difficult but enjoyable. Can you imagine you've finally made it to the aust test team and are selected as No.3....only to go through the horror that Khawaja has just gone through!!

One other question I wanted to ask....in NBA2k13 and FIFA 13, there's usually a lot of press coverage (mainly newspaper clippings, internet, etc) - cricket attracts a LOT of press...will this be incorporated into the game? eg. 'Smith on the verge of selection' or 'we want smith for no.3, say fans' or '1,3,0,10...how much longer before he gets dropped?', etc. THIS is what also creates pressure on you to perform..because you can see for yourself what the 'public' is saying about your form.

Seriously though, I'm sincerely hoping the gameplay is difficult but enjoyable. Can you imagine you've finally made it to the aust test team and are selected as No.3....only to go through the horror that Khawaja has just gone through!!

One other question I wanted to ask....in NBA2k13 and FIFA 13, there's usually a lot of press coverage (mainly newspaper clippings, internet, etc) - cricket attracts a LOT of press...will this be incorporated into the game? eg. 'Smith on the verge of selection' or 'we want smith for no.3, say fans' or '1,3,0,10...how much longer before he gets dropped?', etc. THIS is what also creates pressure on you to perform..because you can see for yourself what the 'public' is saying about your form.
Liked your idea

If I remember correctly Ross said something about there not being press conferences and that kind of thing this time round......

Sorry, but Mark Cosgrove isn't an allrounder. He is a batsmen and a VERY part-time bowler.

your bein a bit hard on Cossy, but yeah 40 first class wickets he probaly needs more than that to be considered an allrounder

But i still think cossy is classified as a BATTING - allrounder isnt he

I will say there are 3 versions of allrounders

Batting Allrounder - Cosgrove, M.Clarke, D.Warner, M.Bevan
Allrounder - Shane watson, Brendan Julian, Steve Waugh, Freddie Flintoff, Jaques Kallis
Bowling Allrounder - Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Stuart Broad, Shaun Pollock, Wasim Akram, Kapil dev, Tim Bresnan

no doubt there is so many more examples, thats just off the top off my head

Users who are viewing this thread