How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
The Player Career thing is something I am looking forward to immensely... building your own stats - brilliant!!

Related but more topical; I got a guy at work interested in this game today by explaining to him the career mode was more a "Be A Legend" than career, taking your player through the levels from grade level to international cricket, training in nets potentially and you could even drop in and out from interacting with your player on the field or if you preferred just auto-play the fielding stuff...

The thing he got most excited about?

Fielding.

nowt so queer as folk!

i'm most excited about it actually mattering when you get out. you only get once chance, got to value your wicket.

much better than having a slog knowing you've got 9 more wickets to play with.

True I bet all of us will play a not differently when one ball and it's over and not have 9 more chancers to fix the mistakes that came before.

Yeah career mode is going to be a game changer, imagine a situation, your player is totally out of form, maybe his last chance, team requires hit out or get out to win, what do you do!

I'd just never really thought much about the fielding being a selling point, but he got really pumped about it. Like, it mattered to the career of his not-yet-created-fake-character that he was a genuine part of the fielding unit. I guess thinking about it is quite amazing this is an included feature, really.

Related but more topical; I got a guy at work interested in this game today by explaining to him the career mode was more a "Be A Legend" than career, taking your player through the levels from grade level to international cricket, training in nets potentially and you could even drop in and out from interacting with your player on the field or if you preferred just auto-play the fielding stuff...

The thing he got most excited about?

Fielding.

True cricket fan I say :yes

:lol

that really did crack me up

You are not alone :)

I am, of course, hoping that everyone has the same view as that guy but I somehow doubt it.... now need to go off and bold the part in my signature about fielding....

I know a few who is not overly excited about controlling fielders themselves. Thank god there is automatic fielding. But hopefully we can switch from automatic to manual and vice versa in the middle of a match as i would like to do the fielding part while playing against them,

Yeah career mode is going to be a game changer, imagine a situation, your player is totally out of form, maybe his last chance, team requires hit out or get out to win, what do you do!

there are a whole bunch of these situations

what about when you are approaching your 1st century, it will give us new meaning of the nervous 90's, i know my top score in local cricket was only ever 68, when im watching cricket and a aussie is in the 90;s i am nervous as hell for him

I just know i am going to choke in my 1st ever attempt at the nervous 90's, but this is what this game is all about

and then when you finally crack that 1st ton, man this game is going to be nothing short of legendary!!

I'd just never really thought much about the fielding being a selling point, but he got really pumped about it. Like, it mattered to the career of his not-yet-created-fake-character that he was a genuine part of the fielding unit. I guess thinking about it is quite amazing this is an included feature, really.

Now don't tell him he can keep wickets as well in career mode.....else he will come here unable to control his excitement levels, asking for release dates :p

You are not alone :)

I am, of course, hoping that everyone has the same view as that guy but I somehow doubt it.... now need to go off and bold the part in my signature about fielding....

this does raise another question though (not sure if answered already) especially on the 'be a pro' mode ie. what do we do in between games? ie. is there a screen of say your couch/tv/mags/dirty cricket gear/etc (with annoying department store music) with a door that says 'Practice in nets' or 'Play next match' or 'play multiplayer' or 'check news articles' or 'read about the great Don Bradman' or something?

eg. instead of just going from game to game, am I able to practice in the nets, esp if I kept getting LBW (ala Shane Watson) or I keep getting caught off Offspin bowling ol left arm orthodox or something?

Would love to see a career mode trailer to show some mates that this is the only cricket game to get this year ;-)

A question I haven't come across till date - Will the career players's skin (& also face) age as he grows old? :D

Users who are viewing this thread