How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
All this talk about nets, if I am right I think Ross said they always had nets just did not think it was that important. I say with how tricky the controls are it was a good idea to have them in the game. I would love to see in the next version we have the choice to train before each game. Something like a set of time limits for each format of the game.

Test being the longest training and so on, you could have full train/ half and auto with boosts to your stats at different levels.:D

What would REALLY be great is if BA decided to release nets in the next version of Cricket Academy :yes

That way, we get to practice batting against the different types of bowling.

Ross? :p

yes it will...it will improve YOUR skills in the game ie. hand/eye coordination, when to choose shots, timing, being a leftie playing against 'pitched up' offspin bowling eg. like Rogers vs Swann, practising when/how to play the sweep shot, etc etc.

THATS why I want the nets. Remember the old adage 'play like you train and train like you play'.

You get better in timing, placement, shot selection, etc in the nets, then you go do it ingame.

Dunno if anyone of you watched the 4th or 5th test (can't remember) when they had a masterclass with Ian Bell...the commentator asked him how he perfected his late cut (which you don't see much of in test cricket) and his comments were something like 'in the nets'. Get my drift? :D

Nets are important for ironing out weak strokes or timing as you can have the same ball again and again until you get it right. It also allows you to build unorthodox strokes into armoury.

Imagine you have an online mate that just gets you out with the same ball every time - you go practise in the Nets and next time you meet you just belt him around the park... the Nets will allow for some nice progression against mates :)

Now THATS what I'm talking 'bout :yes

:thumbs

*edit*
just on that...my best mate and I played cricket through high school (he was in a diff school which was our main rival) and would ALWAYS get me out bowling me from around the wicket. The bugger still does it in cricket games now so I totally know what you're talking about! lol. (My first game will be against him!)

Last edited:
Nets are important for ironing out weak strokes or timing as you can have the same ball again and again until you get it right. It also allows you to build unorthodox strokes into armoury.

Imagine you have an online mate that just gets you out with the same ball every time - you go practise in the Nets and next time you meet you just belt him around the park... the Nets will allow for some nice progression against mates :)

Could you go into a little more detail regarding the nets?

Can we select specific speeds/delivery types as well as groups of speeds and varying delivery types? For example, can we choose to face balls between 80-85mph, with varying lines/lengths and swing as well as choosing to face balls exactly 85mph all pitching on the same spot...?

Thanks!

Download the academy dude. That's got your answer.

Cryptic answer; I'm not where you think I am...

Biggs is everywhere, the only person "more"* omnipresent than Biggs is Chris Gayle.

*yes grammar pedants I realise there are not grades of omnipresence, it was a joke. do one.

Just read this thread, have to say 'wow'! As I play MLB career mode a lot, guess this would be similar to it on a high level - working with ur manager to get selected to team, coming in during middle of innings to play ur part in initial stages, offer to all star team( county in this case ) in middle, training to strengthen a particular skills etc.

Sounds very interesting for a cricket game, hope it shapes out really well.

This is the no.1 thing i am waiting for this summer!!

You, me and everyone else on here...whats more, I'm sure there's thousands of others who would LOVE this game but don't know about it yet. I certainly haven't seen any big marketing campaigns, although maybe its too premature for that (and maybe BA is keeping it either low key or on a smaller scale). I reckon a few pics of the Don playing a beautiful cover drive with 'Don Bradman Cricket 14' on the side of a bus should do it ;) (I'm an accountant, what do I know about marketing lol).

I've got to stop coming to this friggin forum...each time I get here I'm hoping to see a new thread titled 'DB14 final release date' or something but get disappointed :( *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread