How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
A question I haven't come across till date - Will the career players's skin (& also face) age as he grows old? :D

Yes, we were told that he will change over time. He'll also get a bit taller (and fatter?) since he starts at 16.

I wonder if it will be a smooth progression or occasionally random. I think Stuart Broad only became tall quite late and that contributed to him changing from a batsman to a fast bowler.

I have a question which may or may not be pertinent. In career mode I assume that we start at a level below state/county with teams such as Sydney, Perth or Hobart as we saw in the leak video. In reality, probably 95% of of grade players from Sydney would feed into the NSW system and likewise with Hobart/Tasmania etc.

My question is that if we replace the non licenced state/county teams (assuming we can) with user created ones, will those links still exist? Is there a predefined link between club/grade team and state/county and if the county team is replaced will that link be broken?

Not a huge issue but I thought a question worth asking.

There will be linkages to downloaded players. The next Academy update will reveal how it all works.

There will be linkages to downloaded players. The next Academy update will reveal how it all works.

Looking forward to it!

A big thing for me (and probably others here) is that the other teams evolve throughout your career. By the time you make the Australian team after maybe 5 years, it should look significantly different to how it does now.

Also will be very curious to hear how you deal with regens. Will they first come into the school teams and then filter up to the higher levels?

I also hope the school teams are editable. That would be a great way to develop interest for school children who can start their career playing for their own school with their own mates, some of whom may actually make it up a few levels with them. Not a huge feature of me personally since I'm done with school and wouldn't edit them but others would enjoy it I'm sure!

Looking forward to it!

A big thing for me (and probably others here) is that the other teams evolve throughout your career. By the time you make the Australian team after maybe 5 years, it should look significantly different to how it does now.

Also will be very curious to hear how you deal with regens. Will they first come into the school teams and then filter up to the higher levels?

I was thinking about these two things today. I hope teams do progress and change. Me turning 35 and still playing for England will be great, but if I am batting with Trott/KP still it might be a little unrealistic!

this does raise another question though (not sure if answered already) especially on the 'be a pro' mode ie. what do we do in between games? ie. is there a screen of say your couch/tv/mags/dirty cricket gear/etc (with annoying department store music) with a door that says 'Practice in nets' or 'Play next match' or 'play multiplayer' or 'check news articles' or 'read about the great Don Bradman' or something?

eg. instead of just going from game to game, am I able to practice in the nets, esp if I kept getting LBW (ala Shane Watson) or I keep getting caught off Offspin bowling ol left arm orthodox or something?

great question that, hopefully your suggestion is what they are going with

What about if I create a player from India. How is the domestic season for Indian player is structured ? This question is applicable for any Asian countries.

I just brought a 2nd hand copy of MLB the show because of what has been said on here

Im going to start a career mode tonight, just to tie me over until u know what!!

this does raise another question though (not sure if answered already) especially on the 'be a pro' mode ie. what do we do in between games? ie. is there a screen of say your couch/tv/mags/dirty cricket gear/etc (with annoying department store music) with a door that says 'Practice in nets' or 'Play next match' or 'play multiplayer' or 'check news articles' or 'read about the great Don Bradman' or something?

eg. instead of just going from game to game, am I able to practice in the nets, esp if I kept getting LBW (ala Shane Watson) or I keep getting caught off Offspin bowling ol left arm orthodox or something?

Hi guys

any response to this? ie. do we choose when to play a game or go to the nets?

Hi guys

any response to this? ie. do we choose when to play a game or go to the nets?

Yes, I am pretty sure "Goin to the Nets" is your choice whenever you think you need to practice. As if you see the leak, you'll find a seperate menu option for "Practice Nets" there..
In case of career modes, maybe you can pause the current career play, and go back to the menu to practice a bit..

It was told long ago by ross that even though there will be practince nets in the game, it will not "affect" your player's skill in the game. This is due to the fact that they only included nets at the eleventh hour after we asked for nets. Unless something has changed practice nets will not affect your player's skills but it can certainly make YOU better in the game.

It was told long ago by ross that even though there will be practince nets in the game, it will not "affect" your player's skill in the game. This is due to the fact that they only included nets at the eleventh hour after we asked for nets. Unless something has changed practice nets will not affect your player's skills but it can certainly make YOU better in the game.

This is true.

it will not "affect" your player's skill in the game.

yes it will...it will improve YOUR skills in the game ie. hand/eye coordination, when to choose shots, timing, being a leftie playing against 'pitched up' offspin bowling eg. like Rogers vs Swann, practising when/how to play the sweep shot, etc etc.

THATS why I want the nets. Remember the old adage 'play like you train and train like you play'.

You get better in timing, placement, shot selection, etc in the nets, then you go do it ingame.

Dunno if anyone of you watched the 4th or 5th test (can't remember) when they had a masterclass with Ian Bell...the commentator asked him how he perfected his late cut (which you don't see much of in test cricket) and his comments were something like 'in the nets'. Get my drift? :D

yes it will...it will improve YOUR skills in the game ie. hand/eye coordination, when to choose shots, timing, being a leftie playing against 'pitched up' offspin bowling eg. like Rogers vs Swann, practising when/how to play the sweep shot, etc etc.

THATS why I want the nets. Remember the old adage 'play like you train and train like you play'.

You get better in timing, placement, shot selection, etc in the nets, then you go do it ingame.

That's what i said in the last line.

Users who are viewing this thread