How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
your bein a bit hard on Cossy, but yeah 40 first class wickets he probaly needs more than that to be considered an allrounder

But i still think cossy is classified as a BATTING - allrounder isnt he

I will say there are 3 versions of allrounders

Batting Allrounder - Cosgrove, M.Clarke, D.Warner, M.Bevan
Allrounder - Shane watson, Brendan Julian, Steve Waugh, Freddie Flintoff, Jaques Kallis
Bowling Allrounder - Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Stuart Broad, Shaun Pollock, Wasim Akram, Kapil dev, Tim Bresnan

no doubt there is so many more examples, thats just off the top off my head

Again, Clarke, Warner and Bevan are/were not allrounders, especially not Warner...they are batsmen who were part-time bowlers. How can you remotely classify David Warner as a 'batting all-rounder'?

Press conferences and such got a bit boring after the 1st few anyways.

Newspaper Articles would be a nice touch and such, but they can come in the next updates and stuff, i think we would all much rather they focus on the actual gameplay and stuff first, get that right, and then all that other stuff can come in later i spose

I will say there are 3 versions of allrounders

Batting Allrounder - Cosgrove, M.Clarke, D.Warner, M.Bevan
Allrounder - Shane watson, Brendan Julian, Steve Waugh, Freddie Flintoff, Jaques Kallis
Bowling Allrounder - Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Stuart Broad, Shaun Pollock, Wasim Akram, Kapil dev, Tim Bresnan

no doubt there is so many more examples, thats just off the top off my head

lol Shane Watson as an Allrounder?? :lol

Q) In our 20 years of career would the current set of players retire or would they continue to play? Like say I am paired with dale steyn as a fast bowler in Tests. Will I play with him for 20 years of my career?

Q) In our 20 years of career would the current set of players retire or would they continue to play? Like say I am paired with dale steyn as a fast bowler in Tests. Will I play with him for 20 years of my career?

This is a really good question. We have seen this in reality among all the teams. Sachin has played with Gavaskar and also with Kohli. Will we able to experience this in DBC14's career mode?

^ plus how will new players make debut? Can we schedule who(created player from CA)'s gonna come in from which national side, or does the system have random first names and surnames, and combine them in a *fair* way? (We don't want many people with similar surnames, or stuff like that. Can Ross/MikeM clarify how this's done?

Last edited:
^ plus how will new players make debut? Can we schedule who(created player from CA)'s gonna come in from which national side, or does the system have random first names and surnames, and combine them in a *fair* way? (We don't want many people with similar surnames, or stuff like that. Can Ross/MikeM clarify how this's done?

Very interested in this. I really hope that the Australian team will draw from the state teams and this will all work nicely after we've added in the real players.

Apologies if this has been asked / answered, I haven?t seen it.

I understand the career mode is designed to be a progression to ultimately playing test matches? Or is it international cricket in general?

If I create a batsman and he scores a ton of first class runs but at a slow strike rate (see my name!) is there a chance he can be picked for the test team but not ODI/T20? Or do you have to prove yourself in ODI anyway to get to Test?

Apologies if this has been asked / answered, I haven?t seen it.

I understand the career mode is designed to be a progression to ultimately playing test matches? Or is it international cricket in general?

If I create a batsman and he scores a ton of first class runs but at a slow strike rate (see my name!) is there a chance he can be picked for the test team but not ODI/T20? Or do you have to prove yourself in ODI anyway to get to Test?

It is a progression from 16 year old domestic cricket with the ultimate aim to play test cricket.

In my understanding you will be picked on merit for the various forms of the game rather than progressing from one to the other.

Click on the link in my sig here below as the first post gives a wealth of good reading and insights.

It is a progression from 16 year old domestic cricket with the ultimate aim to play test cricket.

In my understanding you will be picked on merit for the various forms of the game rather than progressing from one to the other.

Click on the link in my sig here below as the first post gives a wealth of good reading and insights.

Thanks. yeah had read that post - I guess I misunderstood the "progression" element. Hopefully it is as you say, merit-based in each form.

Three Quick Questions:

1. Will other players in our team etc. retire/age and stuff as well as we do?
2. Will there be a rankings table for players e.g. like reliance icc player rankings?
3. What are the 5 stages could you just specify them please knowing the final stage is test cricket?

Last edited:
lol I remember posting this on the BAS official forums back in November - I went back to see exactly what I posted and found this:

hi guys

my response to the original question of 'what do you want to see in BA's cricket game?' and note I haven't bothered to troll through 8 pages of posts so my apologies if some of this is repeated:

1. The last cricket game (ricky ponting cricket I think it was) was really good in giving players a lot more variation especially in bowling. If anything I'd use basically all of the features that that game had.
2. An IMPORTANT game mode to have is MyPlayer - this is something thats been sorely lacking from other cricket games, and has proven to be a big selling item for games such as NBA2k12, MLB, NFL, etc. If you could implement this, I would have:

1. start as say a Div 2 player (some unknown team with unknown players, but the ability to edit) about 2 subleages below the representative sides. This is sort of similar to how NBA2k has you playing the Rookie Showcase and how you perform there determines who wants to draft you.
2. obviously choose your speciality ie. batsman, bowler, allrounder, wicket keeper/batsman. your stats should be adjusted accordingly.
3. you play a season in division 2 and try to get your team promoted to Div 1. This is optional and you could just have Div 1.
4. Based on your stats, you could get selected for your state side eg. Qld/NSW/VIC, etc and then play the domestic comp. You then have the opportunity to get selected for the national side and say the PM's XI or Aust A in either the One day, 20/20 or test sides. You then get selected to your national side. This way, you APPRECIATE being selected, which should be based on performance. In the offseason, you can then get selected to play in the UK just like IRL.
5. Gameplay in MP should be just like in NBA2k...ie. you play only as yourself with the AI doing the rest. I would recommend using the 'behind the batsman' camera angle so it gives you the real perspective that batsmen have.
6. There should be a hall of fame (and a HOF progress for things such as # of tests, # of runs, # of wickets, etc etc).
7. The rest ie. tournaments, etc should be as per any other cricket game.

Hopefully you guys incorporate domestic cricket - they dropped that out of the last one.

What do you want to see in Big Ant's Cricket Game?

I'm stoked to see BAS already had this in their build/plans (obviously way before I provided my $0.02 worth)...can't wait!! :cheers

Ross, out of curiosity, during which month did you guys decide to completely change the career mode to be a pro mode? How long did you guys work on this new mode?

I am asking to get an idea about how indepth it will be. If it was the team career mode, you would already have a base from the rll2 title and i would be less concerned. But since this is a completely new mode you have developed, i am trying to keep my expectations in check unless of course you tell me to have huge expectations :p

Ross, out of curiosity, during which month did you guys decide to completely change the career mode to be a pro mode? How long did you guys work on this new mode?

I am asking to get an idea about how indepth it will be. If it was the team career mode, you would already have a base from the rll2 title and i would be less concerned. But since this is a completely new mode you have developed, i am trying to keep my expectations in check unless of course you tell me to have huge expectations :p

I can't remember when we dropped the team based mode but we were developing the "player" mode at the same time in parallel as we figured it might not work out.

Always good to keep expectations in check though :)

I've got HUGE expectations and am looking forward to the 'release date' announcement.

Love this game. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread