How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Since the patch I have seen my average half. Admittedly I am playing on veteran but literally anything outside the off stump is a nick to the keeper or slips (now they carry). I don't want to play on an easier difficulty, I just want to stop nicking off every ball outside the off stump. I think if I actually played first class cricket I would edge the ball less. I can play straighter but can never get it past mid on or mid off or the superhuman bowler. So frustrating

First time got out in Nervous nineties ..... 97(76)....got bowled on 86 but umpire gave it NO ball..
getting strong on off side.....after this inning.. @BigAntStudios
off side shots does look beautiful when hitted from middle of the Bat.....
this inning is so far my best inning in ONE DAY...in terms of Shot variations
it is not difficult to judge the ball when its speed between 130-140kph...
but its bit of difficult with 145+.....so have to play on side shots or in V-shape..
2014-09-19_00010[1].jpg
A
well balanced partnership of 100 from 83 balls
2014-09-19_00008[1].jpg
Umpire Decision over ruled....First time DRS helped me.....
2014-09-19_00002[1].jpg

so a overall happenning and satisfying Match.......

I find it too easy going down, can't find my middle ground. Even playing straight is producing edges now. Obviously I'm going to get nicks playing on veteran, but I can't remember when I was last out another way, I think I've gone a whole season of just nicking behind.

I've been experimenting with replaying the first match of career mode repeatedly while trying to score exclusively on the off side.

So far this is as well as I've done. This is legend / pro cam / hud off, 16yo pure batsman with "off side" as the nominated skill. FC, Somerset v Surrey with the latest get best teams.

2014_09_18_00004.jpg

No wait a minute, that's another career, not a 16yo.

Anyway the results are similar. 20-40 odd and I'm usually caught behind.

Since the patch I have seen my average half. Admittedly I am playing on veteran but literally anything outside the off stump is a nick to the keeper or slips (now they carry). I don't want to play on an easier difficulty, I just want to stop nicking off every ball outside the off stump. I think if I actually played first class cricket I would edge the ball less. I can play straighter but can never get it past mid on or mid off or the superhuman bowler. So frustrating
Same here...Even if I play the right shot I am getting nicked....I had a few "Oh no I played the wrong shot" moments but getting out like that doesn't feel bad but even the shots that you are confident with are getting nicked...It has now become compulsory to play defensive to play a big innings....Don't know how to approach Pro 40 as I usually come around after 25 overs..

Sad news for my 16yo perpetual legend / pro cam / hud off debutant Offside Billy. Going well in the thirties but run out taking a second by a direct hit from the cover boundary.

2014_09_19_00003.jpg

Ai fields are making boundaries decidedly tricky. There's a deep point just off screen below as well.
2014_09_19_00002.jpg

I had a field setup yesterday where the AI had deep backward point, a guy 2-3m to his left (deep gully?), deep extra cover, extra cover, mid off and straight off. OH and Silly mid-off.

So I targeted the on side or 3rd man. :lol

I am just wondering if any of you guys have been selected to the national side yet? What is the criteria of getting selected. I am in my second season as a batsman. My first class is avg is 29 and one day average is 26. So i guess it is pretty poor to get selected in national side.

I am just wondering if any of you guys have been selected to the national side yet? What is the criteria of getting selected. I am in my second season as a batsman. My first class is avg is 29 and one day average is 26. So i guess it is pretty poor to get selected in national side.
Yup just been selected for India T20 side in my 1st season on Pro Difficulty. I think lots of runs and quite a few MOM awards will make it sooner than later.

I'm finally submitting and going down to Veteran Mode.

I don't care if I have a better career than the Don himself. I've been playing as a career batsman since the day the game came out and today the game finally won. I couldn't take another outside edge, rage quit, and rage deleted my profile.

I'm finally submitting and going down to Veteran Mode.

I don't care if I have a better career than the Don himself. I've been playing as a career batsman since the day the game came out and today the game finally won. I couldn't take another outside edge, rage quit, and rage deleted my profile.

Start a Career on Pro Difficulty...

Users who are viewing this thread