How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Ah. Alright. My bad. That makes me genY also. I was under the impression genX ended in the late 80s and genY started from 90s.

I might have done it if it released a month ago...but dont know why, my excitement levels are really low at the moment for this game (more to do with lack of clarity on release and lack of new footage since a long time now) :(

I feel for you mate. I am in the same boat

Being a cricket gaming fan requires a whole new different level of patience then the rest

Good thing I am hooked GTA 5 Online otherwise it would have been even more difficult

I had asked this question before in June but didn't get an answer from Ross. Maybe things have changed now and you are in a position to answer now? Here it goes,

If i fail as a keeper but bat well, will i stay in the team as a batsman only and another keeper would come in?

Thanks and understand if you don't wish to answer just as yet :cheers

I had asked this question before in June but didn't get an answer from Ross. Maybe things have changed now and you are in a position to answer now? Here it goes,

If i fail as a keeper but bat well, will i stay in the team as a batsman only and another keeper would come in?

Thanks and understand if you don't wish to answer just as yet :cheers

I think these are the sort of things we should find out by playing the game.

I wonder if someone from Big Ant has played a sustained career yet, how long into the career has a member of big ant gone, thats the only way the above question of the wicket keeper batsman could be known.

I assume the answer lies in the fact that your performance will lead where your role in the team goes - an 'all rounder' who performed well only in bowling would morph into a pure bowler over time, so I assume the same would happen with bad wicket keepers.

As your skills progress then also, your roles can change, it's automatically adjudicated by the game.

I wonder if someone from Big Ant has played a sustained career yet

I'd imagine they have done in order to find bugs/glitches and what have you.

Hopefully being an all-rounder is really hard at the higher difficulty levels - there is a reason why its a very rare position even for average bowlers - an all-rounder of the quality of Ian Botham or someone similar is a once-in-a-generation thing. I brought this up in the old "What will your career player be"; when practically everyone was like "I want to be a number 3 batsman who'll also open the bowling!"; which should be almost impossible to do. Most players should be like Steve Smith (a batsman who can bowl pretty decently and can get wickets); or Tim Bresnan (a bowler who can bat well enough to support the last recognised batsman, or get runs with the tail); and not like a Botham unless you are really very good!

Hopefully being an all-rounder is really hard at the higher difficulty levels - there is a reason why its a very rare position even for average bowlers - an all-rounder of the quality of Ian Botham or someone similar is a once-in-a-generation thing. I brought this up in the old "What will your career player be"; when practically everyone was like "I want to be a number 3 batsman who'll also open the bowling!"; which should be almost impossible to do. Most players should be like Steve Smith (a batsman who can bowl pretty decently and can get wickets); or Tim Bresnan (a bowler who can bat well enough to support the last recognised batsman, or get runs with the tail); and not like a Botham unless you are really very good!

Thats the hope though, because everyones career will be there own, and there aint multi player, you can be that once in a generation allrounder because at the moment apart from Kallis, and maybe Watson, there really aint too many fast medium allrounders who are that good!!

----------

I assume the answer lies in the fact that your performance will lead where your role in the team goes - an 'all rounder' who performed well only in bowling would morph into a pure bowler over time, so I assume the same would happen with bad wicket keepers.

What Mike M said below this post is extremely exciting!! Players roles will change as they progress through there career, another added golden nugget there!!

I'd imagine they have done in order to find bugs/glitches and what have you.

If we tried to get a game through TRC's without testing *everything* we'd 99.9% fail for sure... can't send out untested code.

I'm not defensive - just don't go around calling my staff or myself lazy, or perhaps I might call you ignorant, which you are.

It's my lazy ass that is answering your ignorant post on a Saturday night.

Does your company condone these types of responses?

Just genuinely curious, I represent my company at recruiting events and would be fired for talking to someone like that when I am working in a capacity of company ambassador.

Not knocking you, if allowed my replies would be a lot meaner and crasser, just curious about your corporate culture

Just genuinely curious, I represent my company at recruiting events and would be fired for talking to someone like that when I am working in a capacity of company ambassador.

Not knocking you, if allowed my replies would be a lot meaner and crasser, just curious about your corporate culture

Considering he is the CEO I don't think he'll be getting fired for his comments any time soon!

I'll ask you a question that might answer yours.

So, you're at your event having a reasonable conversation with someone and a random dude, comes up jumps into the middle of the conversation and just says, "hey, you, yeah you, I'm a star recruit but you haven't spoken to me -why are you so friggin lazy!?" - what is your response?

I'll ask you a question that might answer yours.

So, you're at your event having a reasonable conversation with someone and a random dude, comes up jumps into the middle of the conversation and just says, "hey, you, yeah you, I'm a star recruit but you haven't spoken to me -why are you so friggin lazy!?" - what is your response?

Happens more often than you'd think. I just politely remind them to wait their turn.

If you are the CEO then I think you are well within your right. CEO should un-apologetically defend the company, us minions have to be PC.

CEO of my firm is a lot like you, except the retards he deals with are US Congressmen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread