How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
You get 20 years no matter what.

This is outrageous. If I can't have the injury ravaged career I dreamed of since I was a boy I'm not sure I want to play at all.

At least tell me we run a realistic chance of our career player dying in accidents or from congenital illness.

Ive always found be a pro mode 10 times more rewarding then franchise mode

being able to control the 1 player, and having that responsibility is so much more intrigiuing

as it has been mentioned here, for a cricket game, be a pro mode is ideal

instead of slogging with the first 5 -7 wickets and being 7-50 of 10 overs in a test match and still making 300 with your tail is pretty much what we all have done in the past in cricket games

now we have a situation when the 1 wicket counts so much!! blocking in a cricket computer game was unheard of, Now tho, with DBC14, blocking is a key element to get your bloke in so later on he times his shots better

I might have to have another go at the nets soon, unfortunately with my PC controller everything is backwards tho

yep, you and me both. I usually purchase FIFA and NBA PURELY for the 'be a pro' modes (I posted a suggestion on this about 4 secs ago in another thread), however their pro modes have come a long way. We obviously haven't seen everything re pro mode but there's a world of possibilities which will probably come in the next iteration of DB cricket. I'm talking:

- media (including social media)
- 'chat to the coach' eg if you want to move from middle order to No 3 or opener or vice versa, or if you want to move clubs, etc

Haha, I'm guessing because of the time it takes to improve your player...yeah that bugged everyone but the point was 'starting from the bottom' :D
Anyway, I don't know why but I spent most of my life playing career modes and creation/edit menu... but Be A Pro can be very rewarding. Or else you should play PES 2013, earn skill points every match or a new pair of boots for man of the match award.:)

Hmmm...very interesting that you quoted one of my posts from may last year. I changed my mind not too long after posting that and now I can't wait for career mode! :yes

May last year... Oh how young we were. At that stage, I was still confident about Ashes, being annoyed at the random idiots on Facebook who kept being negative about the game or telling everyone to follow Big Ant Cricket.

I also was looking forward to a 5-0 for a decent side just past their peak against a side with a bad mix of ageing or very young players. At least I was right on that end.

Hmmm...very interesting that you quoted one of my posts from may last year. I changed my mind not too long after posting that and now I can't wait for career mode! :yes

Judging from your profile pic, you could try to emulate good ole Graham Swann. I'm assuming if you choose bowler/offspin your stats would be adjusted accordingly.

My main hope for career mode is that it is different each time i play, and different for different player types. E.g. If I play for England and come along as a decent/good leg spinner, i should be getting in to the team easier than as a decent/good off spinner or Medium fast Swing/Seam bowler.

Judging from your profile pic, you could try to emulate good ole Graham Swann. I'm assuming if you choose bowler/offspin your stats would be adjusted accordingly.

If I had to choose someone to emulate in career mode then it would have to be Paul Collingwood. Bowling my little medium pacers but also a very solid conservative batsman who can also attack when required.

Social media and the Press conferences were great during nba sk12, gets a little too much at the end but its still a nice touch along with the endorsements side

the best thing is gaining skill points to mould your player the way you want him

whether you direct yourself to the greatest T20 batsman with aggression and big shots, or put your points into defence to become the next Great wall of Dravid in tests

either way, sky's the limits

not long now i reckon!!!

If I had to choose someone to emulate in career mode then it would have to be Paul Collingwood. Bowling my little medium pacers but also a very solid conservative batsman who can also attack when required.

lol yeah good point...nothing would beat Jacque Kallis though - best allrounder in the world!

It's worrying that, now Kallis has retired, the two best all rounders in the world might be Shane Watson and Ben Stokes. I can't think of anyone else who isn't a batting or bowling all rounder.

It's worrying that, now Kallis has retired, the two best all rounders in the world might be Shane Watson and Ben Stokes. I can't think of anyone else who isn't a batting or bowling all rounder.

Faulkner can stake a claim in ODIs

Users who are viewing this thread