How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'd make the assumption the ranks are essentially:
1) Local domestic
2) Foreign domestic (so County cricket if you started in state)
3) T20/IPL
4) ODI
5) Test

In this if u pick a county side first
Does the Australian state teams come up to strive for and play as

I might be wrong, but i believe ross/mikey confirmed that level 5 is both international odis and tests.

I might be wrong, but i believe ross/mikey confirmed that level 5 is both international odis and tests.

I hope so. I can't recall the post but something gave me the impression that the 5 levels weren't specifically the county/international levels etc. but related to the "star" level of your character? (i.e. skills earned).

Selection should be entirely merit based rather than going through levels. If I am averaging 45 in first class cricket but not a good ODI player I would still want a crack at Tests (e.g. Compton or Cowan). Conversely if i have a modest first class record but a great T20 record i would like a BBL/IPL contract (such as Luke Wright).

Just thinking, walking out to the crease in our first match on Career Mode is going to feel so much more significant after all this time spent in the Nets, haha! :p

In career mode, if you're just a batsman, then do you just have to stand around in your fielding spot whole game?

And during batting just sit in the pavilion if you're not batting?

That would be realistic and since it would be skippable, that would be a great thing.

Yes to the first one. I think Ross confirmed that there were many different camera angles to watch if you are waiting to bat that haven't been seen yet. I seem to remember that a pavilion cam might be one of them.

Will we be able to smash a window after wrongly been given out with no reviews?

I thought Ross said we could fastfoward till it time for you to bat. Same with the field, I could be wrong though.

Yes you are right. That is what 98% of people will do. However, for those sad individuals who can sit through hours of not much happening, the other options will either be a cool gimmick or a very nice feature, such as fielding for the last 3 overs in a T20 or fielding for the last 30 minutes of day 1 with the openers tying to keep a 90mph bowler out whilst you're fielding at 3rd slip. Maybe some will even field for the whole of their career.

I can't see myself fielding for a whole testmatch (sadly I've got a social life) so it's going to be ADHD mode for me.

I've got a social life. That is, if you call being on PlanetCricket for 10 hours every day "sociable".

I'll probably sim most of the time expect for the sort of examples I gave above.

The benefit to fielding manually is that you can earn extra points towards your skills in the career mode that you wouldn't get if you simulated.

I'd only imagine doing fielding between overs of a bowling spell, certainly not for the whole match.

You wouldn't get many points though would you. It probably on be for catches and unless your a slipper your not going to get many catches.

You might get more "XP" for sticking around for the whole game, even if you don't field the ball or catch it. A sort of loyalty bonus.

The good team man bonus. You should also get more if you shout everyone a beer at the end as well.

Well when batting you can get points for a single good shot - so I imagine things like fielding a half chance or timing it really well might earn you skill points.

With the amount of cricket involved in a 20 year career I certainly can't imagine doing anything more than batting and bowling.

In case people missed it in the video, you get a nice angle behind your career player when you're fielding -
shWOQX0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread