How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Yes I think that's right Blocker, the other teams should be near that level also but I would love a few 2s in there for a challenge and so on.

PS Maybe when we get to state level(4) you can play against the international sides(5) for a Boss encounter near the end of a season or once or twice a month.

According to Matt's career mode videos you jump straight into first class cricket.

I'd make the assumption the ranks are essentially:
1) Local domestic
2) Foreign domestic (so County cricket if you started in state)
3) T20/IPL
4) ODI
5) Test

That makes sense, however I hate the idea that you will automatically play ODIS/T20Is before Tests. In some cases, players are more suited to tests. For example, you'll never see Ed Cowan running around in coloured clothing (though there's an argument that he shouldn't have played for Australia at all). If you have a strike rate of 50 in both one dayers and T20s, but average 80 with the bat in first class matches. After a few seasons (presuming you maintain the high average) you should probably be playing test cricket, but you shouldn't be playing ODIs/T20s. Hope that's easy enough to follow :p

I'd make the assumption the ranks are essentially:
1) Local domestic
2) Foreign domestic (so County cricket if you started in state)
3) T20/IPL
4) ODI
5) Test

So a local domestic batsman is like very poor in nets ?? or a batsman career player is better batsman to start with ?

That makes sense, however I hate the idea that you will automatically play ODIS/T20Is before Tests. In some cases, players are more suited to tests. For example, you'll never see Ed Cowan running around in coloured clothing (though there's an argument that he shouldn't have played for Australia at all). If you have a strike rate of 50 in both one dayers and T20s, but average 80 with the bat in first class matches. After a few seasons (presuming you maintain the high average) you should probably be playing test cricket, but you shouldn't be playing ODIs/T20s. Hope that's easy enough to follow :p

this is one concern i have. because i will not be throwing my career-player's wicket away just to get a high strike rate in ListA/T20

this is one concern i have. because i will not be throwing my career-player's wicket away just to get a high strike rate in ListA/T20

So as 16 year old cricketer you dont want multi million dollar IPL contract. :spy

Yes I think that's right Blocker, the other teams should be near that level also but I would love a few 2s in there for a challenge and so on.

PS Maybe when we get to state level(4) you can play against the international sides(5) for a Boss encounter near the end of a season or once or twice a month.

Haha final boss

dr_eggman_live_action_and_real_life_show_cosplay_by_viluvector-d5aq993.png

Haha final boss

dr_eggman_live_action_and_real_life_show_cosplay_by_viluvector-d5aq993.png

God is that Mike Fegan as KFC mascot hahahahah:lol.

PS Mike F as the final Boss fight, the only cheat in the game Ross puts in. You can not beat him as the words coming September comes across the screen and the game boots you out with no save files and empties your credit card at the same time.:eek:

I have plans for a Mike Fegan revival of sorts once DBC14 comes out

A Feganesque bonanza of cricket

Last edited:
What about being Captain of any the respect sides

How long does that take?

Also does the cricket season follow the calender
SO u wouldnt play a full season of state cricket on top of all the test ODI and t20

I wonder if they'll add situations like whether to change to a kolpak player or choose to move countries? Or maybe even simple stuff like after a international series if you have to choose whether to make yourself available for your domestic sides next match.

Users who are viewing this thread