How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
i want nothing from ac13 press event except the release date so ross could go ahead with release of ba cricket.

Been busy, just catching up on all this. Ross, sounds incredible as always. As Matt said earlier, EXACTLY what a "career" mode should be... can't wait to work my way up through 20 years of cricket. Thanks for the details.

Unrelated... "Furious 6" ...great film, as was Gatsby. Perfect doubleheader.

Just given me an inspiration. Will go through career mode as Vin Diesel. Starting off at the age of 16 with an afro, ending off his cricket career with a bald head!

You're loving this, aren't you?

Actually, no. Most unproductive four hours in months, really thought we might get an idea of what's happening.

Saw a load of questions being asked on the Twitter as invited but they got deleted? Are there answers?

On the player creator, I think I read today it was a player "editor" not creator, which is what it is said to be tonight, that's perhaps interesting.

There was the line "Keen to get it to the stands as soon as possible" which doesn't actually say anything.

EDIT: to be fair perhaps more will come from notes later? Release date?

Last edited:
Bit disappointed in terms of the career mode, I was looking forward to the team management style which was originally planned. However Can you just control 1 player during the matches in a career mode? That would make a dull game in terms of fielding wise.

I hope we are able to control rest of the players in the career mode in the match, so it feels like playing a normal cricket game that we play.

"Be a pro" kind of career mode works fine for "Top spin" and "Fifa" as its either single player control or like football where it is always moving.

Bit disappointed in terms of the career mode, I was looking forward to the team management style which was originally planned. However Can you just control 1 player during the matches in a career mode? That would make a dull game in terms of fielding wise.

I hope we are able to control rest of the players in the career mode in the match, so it feels like playing a normal cricket game that we play.

"Be a pro" kind of career mode works fine for "Top spin" and "Fifa" as its either single player control or like football where it is always moving.

i have played be a pro mode in nba 2k13 and its works out pretty well, so there is no need to be disappointed about be a pro mode in cricket, it will chalk out well.

I can see people skipping fielding entirely. I would not mind fielding the first 10 overs in the slips and then maybe last few overs of close matches in one days and t20s.

About batting and bowling i need more information about how much control i will have over the team about when i get to bowl or my position in the team.

Ross can we get dropped from the team due to bad form?

Ross, the stats tracking is for career mode alone or even for exhibition and custom tours?

----------

Cricket has always been a mind game, so shall it be. So what if you are standing in the field for 1 hour straight without the ball reaching out to you, when you take that amazing catch or effect that run-out and look at your team mates cheer for you, I think thats an amazing feeling.

Im interested in Oculus too. It would be nice to know when it launches for the public.

Surely feeling like playing cricket is better than playing like a 'normal cricket game'? Playing through a 20 year career mode with every match in full, that'd be painful imo.

I'm delighted with it because it'll mean I can just stick to bowling in the game, which is what I like doing in cricket games - if I score a few runs then yay, but I'm really looking forward to just being able to play the bits of the match that my created player should be involved in.

I'd also point out this - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...t-cricket-q-thread-81757-163.html#post2508095 - a more enhanced career mode would then obviously be something for the future once they can sort all the details. There needs to be something new for Big Ant Cricket 2 after all.

...really thought we might get an idea of what's happening.

Well, I think we can safely assume it is delayed, but according to Barmy there's DLC to be included, so perhaps that's a fair trade-off for the delay. I'm not sure, there's no specifics on what exactly the DLC is (and no specifics on what the game, y'know, looked like...) so I feel your frustration, as a fan, as well as being the competition, I guess it's doubly frustrating.

On the player creator, I think I read today it was a player "editor" not creator, which is what it is said to be tonight, that's perhaps interesting.

Barmy definitely tweeted "creator" so either it's a slip or he genuinely saw a player being "created"... but yeah, not a whole lot. Surprised 505 didn't have anything (anyone?) tweeting from the official account. Wouldn't have been THAT hard to give someone a checklist of things to tweet out at the same time the presentation was happening from the official account to match the talking points *coughcouldbedonefromanywherecough*

But yeah, I dunno. Wrong thread, but I kinda regard social media strategy as pretty important in this day and age, but that's just me. Good opportunity missed I reckon. You had 180+ folks viewing the forum here alone - couldn't flick Matt a few images to post at the same time?

Seems a bit strange. But what do I know...

Surely feeling like playing cricket is better than playing like a 'normal cricket game'? Playing through a 20 year career mode with every match in full, that'd be painful imo.

I totally agree with you. I think the most important thing to remember is that this is a SIMULATOR of the real thing. Doesn't have to actually BE the real thing but make you FEEL like it. That's the important bit. Feeling like you're a part of the team (but not the whole team) is actually quite cool, and unique. Being able to drop in and drop out of the team aspects or player-specific aspects is going to be much more fun than the alternative of having to bowl, bat, field for all the players. Having ONE player (you) in your control makes it feel a little more intimate and important. Or at least, I expect that's how it'll play.

Last edited:
How many of you played MLB from 2k sports??
The career mode in it is exactly like the one ross explained. You bat when you are required only and you field only when the ball is coming to you.
Or if you are a bowler you bowl ur overs only so inconsistency will be out of question.
Whenever I played that game, I imagined that one day A CRICKET GAME will be like this. And after the announcement today I still feel that I am dreaming.

I'll quite happily tweet all you like at your press event...

No worries. We always do gigs in-store prior to release with playable code and do interviews as well.

We have agreement with EB Swanston Street in Melbourne to do one for Cricket - camera's, etc.. are welcome, as are the general public. The date is not set, I will announce it when the time is right.

----------

How many of you played MLB from 2k sports??
The career mode in it is exactly like the one ross explained. You bat when you are required only and you field only when the ball is coming to you.
Or if you are a bowler you bowl ur overs only so inconsistency will be out of question.
Whenever I played that game, I imagined that one day A CRICKET GAME will be like this. And after the announcement today I still feel that I am dreaming.

We have taken a lot of inspiration from MLB (amongst other sports titles).

Users who are viewing this thread