How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
No worries. We always do gigs in-store prior to release with playable code and do interviews as well.

We have agreement with EB Swanston Street in Melbourne to do one for Cricket - camera's, etc.. are welcome, as are the general public. The date is not set, I will announce it when the time is right.

Have some pity on the long suffering cricket gaming fans and do it at the earliest Ross. This tease is killing us :(

This sounds terrific!! While it would be great to have a fully fleshed team career mode, cricket perhaps doesn't lend itself as well to this as football or basketball. Player transfers don't occur as regularly, and there is less of a market for players. The idea of be a pro is much more manageable from a playing perspective because we can still experience multiple seasons but not have to play for hundreds of hours.

I can't wait to have my pro walking in at number 3 after we're 1/0 chasing England's 203 to win the ashes. The fact we can only bat twice per match will surely make us value our wicket more, and lead to more grinding than slogging. I am confident the game mechanics will have been designed with this in mind.

For those of us disappointed about not having a full team based career mode, don't stress too much. The fact we can go on tours and set the number of tests, Odis and t20s is more than enough for me. Cannot wait to replay the bodyline series.

Now if only we could find out if AC is delayed so we know when BA will be releasing!!! #cantwait #nervous #fivefornotmany #bitingnails

This sounds terrific!! While it would be great to have a fully fleshed team career mode, cricket perhaps doesn't lend itself as well to this as football or basketball. Player transfers don't occur as regularly, and there is less of a market for players. The idea of be a pro is much more manageable from a playing perspective because we can still experience multiple seasons but not have to play for hundreds of hours.

I can't wait to have my pro walking in at number 3 after we're 1/0 chasing England's 203 to win the ashes. The fact we can only bat twice per match will surely make us value our wicket more, and lead to more grinding than slogging. I am confident the game mechanics will have been designed with this in mind.

For those of us disappointed about not having a full team based career mode, don't stress too much. The fact we can go on tours and set the number of tests, Odis and t20s is more than enough for me. Cannot wait to replay the bodyline series.

Now if only we could find out if AC is delayed so we know when BA will be releasing!!! #cantwait #nervous #fivefornotmany #bitingnails

1) Exactly! No more EA Cricket crazy mad boundary-hitting spree. Also more 'pressure' on you to perform. Which definitely wouldn't be the case if it were a team game. You know I could just get 50/9 and be ah wth lemme play another game. But here, you would know that it might not be your day but can be anyone else's day. This is really special!

2) I think Chief might have read Ross's posts and decided not to reveal the date until they are closer to it.

No, MTNL. That's even worse!

Edit: As in I'm posting this from my home PC, not my cell phone.

I was referring to the joke where it says the connection follows you anywhere you go.
Maybe I should have put in some smilies. :p

----------

Is Vodafone as bad in India as it is here? Surely not!

I wouldn't say bad. But its not the best in Chennai. I heard its good if you are roaming.

Last edited:
I was referring to the joke where it says the connection follows you anywhere you go.

----------

I wouldn't say bad. But its not the best in Chennai. I heard its good if you are roaming.

Yea yea, more smilies. Not the best around at reading between the lines. :p

Surely feeling like playing cricket is better than playing like a 'normal cricket game'? Playing through a 20 year career mode with every match in full, that'd be painful imo.

I agree....a career mode should always have been a 'Be a Pro' mode. Who knows, one day we might have the option of taking our pros online and competing in a 11v11 match....like Fifa :D!

----------

Yep. the best reception I get is when I am overseas roaming on someone else's network :)

Night all :thumbs

Ross, is the wicket keeper automated or can we choose to be a wicket keeper - batsman?
Thanks

Is Vodafone as bad in India as it is here? Surely not!

Not the best, but not the worst either. Reliance works best here, at least from what I've heard. Plus, Vodafone is all about looting you for the tiniest of services. All other providers are much cheaper.
Still using Vodafone though! :D

Yep. the best reception I get is when I am overseas roaming on someone else's network :)

Night all :thumbs

Lol. Reliance has got the strongest network(in terms of network availability in remote places) in India. BSNL(Govt. run) is the worst in cellphone network. Man, I had that four years back and I would hear so much cracking even when I am at the heart of the city. I hope its improved though.

But I don't think Voda is that bad there, is it?

Night Ross. Looking forward to you introducing us to your dev guy.

Can we play multiple career modes at the same time? Like one with a batsman and a completely seperate one with a bowler?

Users who are viewing this thread