How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Does your career player have fielding points/skills that he can boost on as well (like bowling/batting skills)? My character is a pace bowler, I use the 'simulate to career player' option right after he finishes his over so he can continue bowling and it skips the other bowler's over. And I've just noticed that I'm in my 7th or 8th Career match and my guy has yet to take a catch. Does simulating mean that your player never gets catches/fielding points?

@HBK619 - Stats earned in career mode don't count to the earned stats outside of the career mode do they? For example, with the career mode bug, Jason Behrendorff ends up a world-class batsman, and knocks his first class batting average up to 50, those games he played won't count towards his earned stats and therefore be present in other game modes will they?
Je ne pense pas.
What he said, but in English and assured.

No.
Does your career player have fielding points/skills that he can boost on as well (like bowling/batting skills)? My character is a pace bowler, I use the 'simulate to career player' option right after he finishes his over so he can continue bowling and it skips the other bowler's over. And I've just noticed that I'm in my 7th or 8th Career match and my guy has yet to take a catch. Does simulating mean that your player never gets catches/fielding points?
Attributes don't get boosted no, you start and finish with them at the same level.

Simulating will result in catches to your player, yes.

Yep. If you want to test career mode out I'd do it without linking the players. Otherwise you'll have correctly named players but, for example, the tailenders may have batsman-like attributes and score centuries :P That happens at some point in this video:

Besides, I think it's best to play all aspects of the game before narrowing in on one in career mode.

I do not believe this is correct. It is the visuals that are replaced, the order is still reasonable, openers, middle order, tail end as they should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find interesting is who your career player replaces in the county/state team. In the above video B Cooper replaces (I would assume) Chris Nash with Luke Wells partnering Cooper in the match. Now in reality Nash is a considerably better player than Wells and I would assume (although obviously need to check) that @Munkeymomo has made him similar if not superior in CA. So how does the game establish who to replace in a team to accommodate your player?

I do not believe this is correct. It is the visuals that are replaced, the order is still reasonable, openers, middle order, tail end as they should be.

Not true. At 6:00 you can see Gurney and Fletcher share a big partnership at no. 11 and 10 respectively, with Gurney almost scoring a century. Quite clearly they have been fake-linked to batsman, whereas Alex Hales, opening the batting, has obviously been fake-linked to a bowler as he bowled the most overs for his team. So it does affect gameplay in that you could tear through a top order than have the number 10 and 11 share a 300 run partnership. That's not realistic.

What I find interesting is who your career player replaces in the county/state team. In the above video B Cooper replaces (I would assume) Chris Nash with Luke Wells partnering Cooper in the match. Now in reality Nash is a considerably better player than Wells and I would assume (although obviously need to check) that @Munkeymomo has made him similar if not superior in CA. So how does the game establish who to replace in a team to accommodate your player?

You have the option to select what spot in the order you'd belong to. Whoever was in that position is obviously the one replaced.

Not true. At 6:00 you can see Gurney and Fletcher share a big partnership at no. 11 and 10 respectively, with Gurney almost scoring a century. Quite clearly they have been fake-linked to batsman, whereas Alex Hales, opening the batting, has obviously been fake-linked to a bowler as he bowled the most overs for his team. So it does affect gameplay in that you could tear through a top order than have the number 10 and 11 share a 300 run partnership. That's not realistic.

I believe Ross was referring to the update he had in mind, not as it is now. As it is now, people are who they are but are linked incorrectly. But, with the visual change that is planned, people will look different but will have the same attributes to that of the batsmen he replaces. Eg. Batsman 11 will look like the no.11 of the custom player intended for that spot, but will have the natural attributes of the on-disc alternative that bats at 11.

I believe Ross was referring to the update he had in mind, not as it is now. As it is now, people are who they are but are linked incorrectly. But, with the visual change that is planned, people will look different but will have the same attributes to that of the batsmen he replaces. Eg. Batsman 11 will look like the no.11 of the custom player intended for that spot, but will have the natural attributes of the on-disc alternative that bats at 11.

I don't. You've got the concept all wrong, but I can't be bothered to explain why because it's already been done at least 10 times in the other thread. Maybe someone else might be willing to explain it

I saw in the career mode video that the player needs to be created when starting a career ....Can we use already created player??

Exactly, that is what I was referring to. I just couldn't find it exactly.

Also I think that to say it is "just visual" is contradictory to the attitude of spending so much time, effort and money in creating cricket academy.

But anyway, it will be fixed and then it will be fun :) Until then, go on some tours guys!

I'm assuming then in career mode you chose what teams are in the and then chose what tournament structures you want the teams to play (created in the tournament editor)?

I know at the moment there is problems with the career mode, and that Big Ant are working on a fix for it( thank you for that by the way awesome to see a developer taking already taking so much care for the game before it's even officially released:) ), but I was wondering if there was a way to select another countries domestic set up to play in besides England's and Australia's, without having to link the teams to the base ones?:)

I know at the moment there is problems with the career mode, and that Big Ant are working on a fix for it( thank you for that by the way awesome to see a developer taking already taking so much care for the game before it's even officially released:) ), but I was wondering if there was a way to select another countries domestic set up to play in besides England's and Australia's, without having to link the teams to the base ones?:)

I don't see why if you could fix this with the Indian teams, you could just create custom team lists, but with the English or Australian teams.

Okay that makes sense, thank you:) Won't have to worry about it for a while anyway with the South African release only being on the 8th:p

So let me get this straight, at the moment the game is giving the downloaded players the wrong attributes from the original roster team?

Is there anyway around it as career mode was a key selling point of the game for me and if we're not going to get a patch for a while then I may consider waiting for PC release to save some cash?

Users who are viewing this thread