How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
You guys need to play the game on Veteran and stop complaining that it's too easy when you are playing on an easier difficulty setting. I'm tipping most of you complaining about how easy it is still use the bowling meters?

Much more accurate bowling figures on Veteran. Shield match on Veteran in career: 4/84 off 30 overs. RPO = 2.8, AVG = 21.0

Problem is batting is so much harder than bowling

I'm up to my 3rd year.

Either it gets easier as you get more skill points, or I'm getting better, or both. But in saying that I have only scored one score over 50.

I like that its not easier and 4's and 6's everywhere like in other games, loving it so far

Made a 59 last night, almost the greatest moment of my life, i woke my wife up at 1:45am to tell her...

She was happy for me... I think!

I still only have one 50. But my average is improving since I've stopped running myself out every second innings.

Made a 59 last night, almost the greatest moment of my life, i woke my wife up at 1:45am to tell her...

She was happy for me... I think!

I made a quick 30 in a Big Bash Match and took 2/4 in the 18th over (for some reason the AI threw me the ball, bit of a gambler of a captain that guy!) and got MAN OF THE MATCH! Wish I had taken a photo but it was 12.40am but I lept off the couch and fist-pumped the air, lady Biggs came down and stood in front of the TV until I turned it off :lol

I began with career mode and made a player. He's an opening batsman. In 8 innings I've scored 5 ducks and a highest score of 17. I'm on pro and batting is so difficult - there's little time after the release of the ball from fast bowlers, it's more of a guessing game!

And since I'm an opener, I always have to face up to the quick bowlers at the start of the innings.

Interestingly, I was brought in to bowl a few overs of finger spin! :lol Totally wasn't expecting that. Anyway, I took a wicket in my first over - got him plumb LBW! The next 3 overs went to 20 runs though. I can't quite figure out how to use the two analog sticks the way I'm supposed to...

This is hard, but it's only his first year, and I truly hope I improve.

I started my career again mid-way through because I had no desire to be a number 3 batsman facing those quick-bowlers, so I'm almost through the first year as a number 5 and it's a little easier. Batting gets slightly easier once you cross about 25 - 30 runs in a match, but then you'll get the run-out glitch usually about then, haha.

I Started my career as a opening batsman I'm doing better in limited over games than on 4 days test match (maybe cuz of power play overs)....I scored 49 in a t20 match tried to bring 50 with a style by hitting 6(I should hav taken single:facepalm) and caught near boundary....I average 5 in test match...10 and 12 on in odi and t20 respectively....:)

I have made 4 fifties in one dayers and four dayers, a 15 ball 45 in the bbl and took a bbl HATTRICK :) still only playing bbl and aus domestic can't wait to get to english league and ipl :) I'm a no. 3 batter

----------

And since I'm an opener, I always have to face up to the quick bowlers at the start of innings.

Fast bowlers are where runs can easily be scored. Hit it repeatively in the same spot they will move someone there hit it where they moved the man from. In my opinion pace is a delight in this game spin the f*cked up bit about batting it's nearly impossible of they have a good field

----------

Anyone actually playing for australia?

I am loving spin in the career mode...So far in the 8 tests played I have taken 57 wickets...:D

----------

I got 5 wickets haul in the 1st innings of my first match. Got 3 in the 2nd innings. After several first class matches my bowling average is little more then 8.0. My best is 6 or 7 wickets in an innings.

Its the batting that I am poor at. Cant get pass 20's & I am a bowling allrounder :facepalm

Btw, one moment I am bowling great. Good line & length, good economy rate, and wickets in regular intervals. But for some reason the captain always decides to take me off when I am in form.

I also thought why does that happen....Then I thought maybe bowling 8-10 overs straight our fatigue level goes up which is not shown in career mode...That may be the reason other than that cant find anything why he would take us off... :yes

I am almost at the end of my first season in the English domestic season. Overall my team has improved a lot over the second half of the season. We are climbing The tables in first class an pro40 but will probably just finish somewhere outside the top guys.

I have an allrounder batting at 4 and bowling offbreaks. What is nice to see is that as my skills and stats improve the captain bowls me more. I am the second highest wicket taker in first class and highest in other forms.

My batting is coming along slowly and have 1 fifty at least and 1 30. It seems to be going better.

We did really well in the t20 series after a terrible start. But we won the last 5 league games to just get into the knockouts. Our last league game was basically a knockout match. We won thw first knockout game but lost in the semi.

I have one question though on the skills. I get the +1 message as I play and I was wondering how many to actually fill the meter?

One thing i will say is every bloody fielder is phenominal

66% of my dismissals in career mode is run out

Thats one thing that has to change, its killing me

----------

I made a 52 this morning, followed up by a couple of 30's and 20's and then for the last 2 hrs, goin out on run outs, and knicks when im trying to block, too much, i need a break......

going to watch some game of thrones and will come back tonight or tomorrow....

alot of soul searching for the mick whiskas.... need to find the right mix of patience and consistency and not get RUN OUT!!! i hate whoever fields and extra cover and mid on!!!

Users who are viewing this thread