How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Started playing everything to the legside last night and found the game much easier, was able to make my high score (54) and got back-to-back starts in a Shield match (22 and 34) which is significant considering I averaged about 9 prior to this.

Strangely I found myself timing offside shots better too. I'm starting to think trying to play straight shots along the ground is just suicide, the changes of edging behind or popping up to mid-off and mid-on are way too high to justify the risk. That's probably why I was able to bat much better using the leg-side method; my get-out-of-jail shot is whipping it to fine-leg or midwicket for a single rather than trying to drive and risking the edge behind.

a few little questions for everyone.
1) is there fatigue built in to the game. currently i am only sprinting when i need to make the run not to sprint to make an extra run to save fatigue.
2) is there confidence for batsmen and bowlers. i.e if i get hit with the bowl as a batter do i need to try and rebiuld his confidence before trying to slog over mid on. and alternatively if a batsmen gets hit or keeps missing the line of the ball will the bowlers confidence increase.

After playing the game for a few days now, I'm finding batting so much better. Actually get at least 20 or so every innings and even got a couple of 50s. Playing shots all around the ground now. Feels good to pick a gap with a nice cover drive along the ground.

Not sure if it's the experience from playing or the extra skill points that have made the difference but it's all working out now.

I hate spinners. Started just dead batting every single ball til they take them off.

I love playing spinners, I can score 10 to 15 runs/over of spinners.

I use advance shot and hit the ball in the gaps which will fetch me boundary and I play sweep shots.

When playing against fast/medium bowlers I will hit the ball on legside or over the slips for a six, if the field is changed I will loft straight down the ground if again the field changes I will play the shot through the covers by taking the legside guard.

Batting is easy if you hit the ball in gaps, though if you mistime the ball if there are no fielders then it will land safely.

Timing is important.

Last edited:
Scored my first 50+ last night. Well proud of myself, seeing as my previous best was 19

yes

----------

1) Stop pressing cancel run then, or press it in a more timely manner. Its bugged but you know its bugged.

2) ditto

3) no you dont but you should get out more hitting a short ball of the front foot. A fluke how? Hook or cut it to the boundary.

4) Thats how block trigger works.

5) you are the batter .. you find the gap. The ai does it pretty well

6) Again its you. Time the shot better/dont hit straight. The fielders are too good at catching though incl bowler.

7) Practice

8) True!

9) weird ...

10) Direct hits, catching, run outs should all be better in a week or two when patch 1 comes out.

9) i practice in the nets using Bowling (close ) camera.. its a front camera.. and i'm able to bat nicely...
but in real matchs theres no such camera.. either its broadcast or very low looking awkward cameras... only the cameras from behind the batsman are same as nets..

anyways thx for reply..

As an all round batsmen I get bored because of too much bowling but as a batsman I don't get any runs because I'm no good, I can't win :D!

same here....
and no matter how hard you try to keep patience in batting..you get out one way or the other..
i love t20 though..you can hit you way to make 15-20 quick runs..

Started a career as a batsman. Feel like I've got the hang of it to be honest and it's impatience that gets me out more than anything.

Regularly get 20s and 30s and hit my first 50 yesterday off about 35 balls.

Loving it.

Can't bat. Been averaging like 10 with the bat and 8 with the ball and I'm a batting all-rounder, lmao. I did take Agar out of the ground for 2 sixes over his head in a row but then got myself out. Highest score of 29 so far, lol.

what is a FLAT BAT skill
should i have taken front/back foot skills
my batsman is struggling, even getting bowled if i defense at straight balls..
its irritating..

Guys just keep practicing your batting. I went from getting ducks every game to constantly scoring 30+ most innings. It's all about that timing, makes scoring runs feel a lot more satisfying.

I hate it when you start your innings grinding, face 30-40 balls then get out for a useless score, generally 9. I've changed my game plan by defending pretty much every ball, wait for them to bring the field in so there are big gaps and then if the ball is there hit it through the gap. I still manage to get myself out cheaply though. And it is complete dejection when you do.

Guys i think i know what the problem is....
Choosing Skill Sets is very very important..
I started a new career with front foot skills (before i had flat bat skills) and allotted points very carefully..

Now suddenly i'm finding batting very interesting...and runs are coming in singles and good timed shots go for four...

i advice people who are struggling with batting to have front foot/straight bat skills...and allott points cleverly..

Playing as a batting all rounder and my bowling is amazing and batting is AWFUL.

I have had 10 innings and have a total score of ZERO! I just can't score at all.

Bowling, I am taking a wicket every 10 runs and have a best match haul of 9-37 in a 4 day game.

I hope I get the hang of batting soon! I get run out every time I take a single and every time I try and smash for the boundary I get caught even when attempting to 'find the gap'

Users who are viewing this thread