How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
At 55-5 I walked into bat and made a steady 84 from 129 balls along came 2 century parnerships to go with this excellent innings. Only managed a 5 of 10 balls in 2nd innings though.

Match Score:

Kent 208/10 (first innings)

F. Cowdrey 67* (96)

Worcestershire 282/10

Me 84 (129)

Kent 471/10 (Second innings)

F. Cowdrey 100 (147)

Worcestershire 381/7

B. Cox 107* (147)

Match ended Drawn.

Today was a great day scored 1 century and 2 50s. All in T20 and now got avg of 46 in T20 with SR of 180. But still suck in FC just got caught behind on 22.

FC Avg 14
OD Avg 19

Post patch II with fielding and Field setting bug fix this would be awesomely awesome.

Has anyone tried both an Aussie and English career batting? It is just totally different.
Batting at 4 for both I faced 80% short balls in Australia (after 5 matches) compared to about 20% in England.
You have to play totally different way. My dismissals were pretty much all missing the yorker.

Yes me too felt the same. My career batsman is on English county style where I am still struggling to get runs in 3rd/4th season while my career bowling AR is on Aussie style where I am close to English county selection/fair way to Indian test side in the very first year.

Batting experience is totally different & I felt easy in Aussie mode( 5 fifties & 1 century in 1 year in Aus compared to 2 fifties in 3 years in Eng mode ). :)

The game was designed and coded with the goal being that we would take the focus away from HUD/Assists and make you watch the ball.

The Assists were a last minute addition based on feedback from a focus group, they are good for understanding the mechanics of the control however I believe the earlier you take them away and concentrate on the ball the better you will play the game and the better the experience will be with regard to playing "cricket".

I'm all for watching the ball (thats how its supposed to be done), however the issue I have - and maybe its just me - is that once I've correctly identified what the ball is going to do, I usually have 2-3 buttons to CORRECTLY apply before I can deal with the ball being bowled. Unfortunately this is where it breaks down for me - I can't think fast enough to identify the ball AND then decide front/back foot AND shot selection AND (if applicable) the RT or LT. If you choose the wrong combination, you end up looking pretty stupid. Trust me I've tried and tried and tried. Okay I'm 37 years old so my reflexes aren't what they use to be, but IRL I would do these things without thinking.

don't get me wrong, I love the controls and the flexibility that it provides, however the speed/mechanics of how its being applied is what is killing me. I love cricket, and esp this game...but its frustrating to go through 3 years playing for your state team but averaging 5 without any improvement. I regard myself as the average gamer so there should atleast be some sort of compromise for players like myself. I don't give a hoot about scores or whatever and I only play offline.

Got picked up by the Perth Scorchers last night for the Big Bash League last night!
Played 3 games, won 2 and drew 1 was pretty pumped about it, really enjoy how the shorter forms of the game were executed in this!

Also as a shear coincidence I noticed my List A batting average is 97 :lol the joys of batting at #10

Had a glorious 89 this afternoon in an ODI, also a worms dick away from getting selected for the English T20 competition and a few good performances away from the IPL so well done DBC14 for making me give a shit about T20 cricket, out of the blue.

Also got smashed in the tin and crackle, the ol' ball n' sausage, the ol' Barmy n' Army, the ol' Dutch n' Crutch, the ol' slap n' tickle, the ol' Issy n' Raffi ...and the crowd went "oooooh" which was pretty cool.

Has anyone else noticed that 'The one who shan't be named' is no1 in the world for career mode?

I don't think it's just for career mode is it? I think it's just an XP count which you can get in any ol' match?...

I don't think it's just for career mode is it? I think it's just an XP count which you can get in any ol' match?...

Might be but career leaderboards show him at 1...

When one never leaves ones house and spends ones spare time sending defamation emails pretending to be a fake lawyer, I would suggest one has a lot of time on ones hands...

Also; Online Leaderboard. I can count the shits I give. It rhymes with hero.

So I have been playing my career mode in Don Bradman.

My statistics are as follows:
111,941 pts (86th online leaderboard)

* 17 years old - Promoted to captain of QLD Bulls
* Big Bash contract with Melbourne All Stars
* IPL contract with Bangalore

Yet to play for Australia but am expecting selection for next tour

T20 (domestic)
Bat : 474 runs @ 26.33, top score of 50. 1 x 50, 0 x 100
Bowl : 40 wickets @ 10.10, best 6/32, 1 x 5WI.

OD (domestic)
Bat : 723 runs @ 32.86, top score of 143*. 1 x 50, 2 x 100
Bowl : 86 wickets @ 7.56, best 8/16, 9 x 5WI.

First Class (domestic)
Bat : 1251 runs @ 26.06, top score of 113. 4 x 50, 2 x 100
Bowl : 183 wickets @ 4.90, best 8/2 and 13/18, 19 x 5WI, 5 x 10WM.

Also got smashed in the tin and crackle, the ol' ball n' sausage, the ol' Barmy n' Army, the ol' Dutch n' Crutch, the ol' slap n' tickle, the ol' Issy n' Raffi ...and the crowd went "oooooh" which was pretty cool.

:lol did your batsman have a noticeable limp afterwards. Just for the record, I got hit smack bang in the *cough* IRL without a ball guard...hey, we were just mucking around before training and I wanted to show Mr big-mouth-I-can-bowl-fast that I could hit his ball for 6...:facepalm

I never knew getting hit there could make you vomit....but it can. I have kids now so damage wasn't permanent....but I didn't end up training that afternoon and literally needed ice.

Nearly got my first 50! Was on 49 and tried to flick it but got caught on the boundary by deep square leg!

Scored first 50 in my career in a 50 over game today. Had to bat while the rest of the innings collapsed and got bowled out for around 250+ in the first innings and the other side won with ease.

But that 50 got my list A average to double digits now (around 10.5)

Scored my first ever half-century!! Markkkkk has joined the party :D. Got out on a bug I tried to sweep Robbie P but went to keeper so my guy decided to take a jog half way down the pitch and got stumped...

Users who are viewing this thread