How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
It will tell end of your season on points earned & best figures, that's it. :( would agree that some sort of career graph for 20 years would be awesome.

Also not really sure, does the stats of other players remain unchanged in career? Christian has reached 3 times 2000 runs in FC game in all the games I partnered with him, commentator mentions that on every fourth run of him. LOL :D

Never paid attention to anyone's stats but mine, but yeah it would be good to see a stats table or leaderboard of top performers in the season so you know where your career player stands compared to others. That along with a season by season breakup of stats so you know which seasons you performed well and which seasons your form dipped.

My next goal is to get my batting average up to 30 in all formats, and get a 50+ score every 2nd game. Lose my wkt too many times to an unintentional push on left stick. I accidentally press up & left or up & right when I mean to press up, and same thing happens when I play on back-foot as instead of pressing down on left stick, I end up pressing down & left or down & right occasionally. And if the ball is on stumps you invariably end up losing your wkt.

----------

Yesterday, I was playing my first match in 3rd of my career. It was Victoria (my team) Vs Queensland. Queensland scored 237 in first innings and Victoria 258 with my contribution of 63.
In second inning Queensland scored 255 and had lead of 234. When I simulated to my career player I got batting at 4/47. I lost one more wicket at 159. finally I took the match to 200 scoring 89.
I was trying to keep the strike as much as possible and the other guy was playing at 13 on 29 balls.
Suddenly in a over I thought to rotate strike as we were nearing victory and I do not want run or play aggressively.
Over 54.1 score 5/201 and I have gone to non-striker.
54.2 - Bowled - 6/201
54.3 - Lbw - 7/201
54.4 - Bowled - 8/201
54.5 - caught behind - 9/201
54.6 - Caught at mid-on
Game OVER. I felt completely cheated happened first time to me. First time I saw this kind of AI where I became spectator only. Completely mad :mad and furious on this loss in my first game in third year of my career, especially when I was playing so well.

You do experience plenty of collapses when you are batting in career mode as your batting partners will slog and get out. But I haven't experienced anything like the collapse you faced, maybe coz the longest I lasted was my team being 7 (or 8) wkts down. The worst collapse I witnessed was when my team crumbled to 40 odd for 7 and I had a partnership of some sort with a tailender before I was 8th wkt down with team total on 100 odd.

I also noticed collapses when I was batting and got around 61 runs in a 50 over match. I had to basically blast out at the end because I was with the no. 11 batsman. Very bad, couldn't play out the 50 overs.

There should be a way to have a mid-pitch conference and ask the batsman at the other end to either
1. play defensive / safe
2. play normal
3. play aggressive

to suit the situation as the AI seems incapable of deciding when to hit or when to defend.

Last edited:
Never paid attention to anyone's stats but mine, but yeah it would be good to see a stats table or leaderboard of top performers in the season so you know where your career player stands compared to others. That along with a season by season breakup of stats so you know which seasons you performed well and which seasons your form dipped.

My next goal is to get my batting average up to 30 in all formats, and get a 50+ score every 2nd game. Lose my wkt too many times to an unintentional push on left stick. I accidentally press up & left or up & right when I mean to press up, and same thing happens when I play on back-foot as instead of pressing down on left stick, I end up pressing down & left or down & right occasionally. And if the ball is on stumps you invariably end up losing your wkt.

----------

You do experience plenty of collapses when you are batting in career mode as your batting partners will slog and get out. But I haven't experienced anything like the collapse you faced, maybe coz the longest I lasted was my team being 7 (or 8) wkts down. The worst collapse I witnessed was when my team crumbled to 40 odd for 7 and I had a partnership of some sort with a tailender before I was 8th wkt down with team total on 100 odd.

You can check the seasons stats across all the formats. It's under the competitions.

I'm glad I'm getting better at caught and bowled chances - because when I leave it up to the rest of the team I get this...

iL1r2vW.jpg

8v9xgiY.jpg

Filled the bar on my Straight Seam stat, I noticed that now even if I take a wicket using a Seam ball, I get the bonus points on another stat, which is good. Is anyone else as a fast bowler struggling to fill up their Slower Ball skill?

You can check the seasons stats across all the formats. It's under the competitions.

Sorry, but where exactly under competitions? Does that mean I can check my career mode stats, per season, under competitions? Seems a bit odd that you have to go outside the career mode to do so and can you elaborate a bit more?

Sorry, but where exactly under competitions? Does that mean I can check my career mode stats, per season, under competitions? Seems a bit odd that you have to go outside the career mode to do so and can you elaborate a bit more?
Press Y/:pst: on the main career mode screen, before a match starts. Then select the competition you want and then press back/select and you'll see a massive stats table.

So at the end of my first season as a no.4 batting allrounder here are my stats:

T20:
Matches-45
Runs-2023
Top score-149*
average-69.75
strike rate-188.18
hundreds-4
fifties-11
6s-53

bowling
balls bowled-720
wickets-95
average-4.45
economy-3.52(Yes my economy is 3.52 in t20 cricket)
best-11/6

List A-
batting
matches-28
runs-1381
top score-209*
average-65.76
strike rate-161.14
hundreds-5
fifties-6
6s-17

bowling
balls bowled-943
wickets-63
average-6.88
economy-2.76
best-39/6

Fc:
Batting
innings-51
runs-2615
top score-246
average-53.37
strike rate-160.13
hundreds-9
fifties-8
6s-14

Bowling
balls bowled-2397
wickets-144
average-5.50
economy-1.98
best-25/6
best in a match-30/10

I was already made the captain of the Rajasthan Royals and I led them to victory in the ipl and I am currently a reguler member of the Indian team in all three formats. I am also 13th on the leaderboards. Couldn't ask of a better start to my career.

So at the end of my first season as a no.4 batting allrounder here are my stats:

T20:
Matches-45
Runs-2023
Top score-149*
average-69.75
strike rate-188.18
hundreds-4
fifties-11
6s-53

bowling
balls bowled-720
wickets-95
average-4.45
economy-3.52(Yes my economy is 3.52 in t20 cricket)
best-11/6

List A-
batting
matches-28
runs-1381
top score-209*
average-65.76
strike rate-161.14
hundreds-5
fifties-6
6s-17

bowling
balls bowled-943
wickets-63
average-6.88
economy-2.76
best-39/6

Fc:
Batting
innings-51
runs-2615
top score-246
average-53.37
strike rate-160.13
hundreds-9
fifties-8
6s-14

Bowling
balls bowled-2397
wickets-144
average-5.50
economy-1.98
best-25/6
best in a match-30/10

I was already made the captain of the Rajasthan Royals and I led them to victory in the ipl and I am currently a reguler member of the Indian team in all three formats. I am also 13th on the leaderboards. Couldn't ask of a better start to my career.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Made my first career 50! YESSSS YESSS YESSS. But batting is a challenge I have to keep checking the field literally every ball as every boundary I hit in a particular direction, the AI puts a fielder in that position. My 59 came in 34 balls, but I wasn't slogging just looking at the field and playing shots. My only gripe with batting is even holding down R2 and L2 it is still difficult to keep the ball on the groud sometimes I end up hitting sixes inadvertently. And the CPU bowls @ least 90% of deliveries down the leg side, as a result 90% of my runs come on the leg side. Still having immense fun playing the game.

Last edited:
attachment.php

11 minutes to score that fifty. 13 balls. 5 sixes. 7 fours a single and 2 dots. Malinga got hit for 44.

This needs to be some record or something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 97
attachment.php

11 minutes to score that fifty. 13 balls. 5 sixes. 7 fours a single and 2 dots. Malinga got hit for 44.

This needs to be some record or something.
I once got 50 off 9 balls against mumbai Indians with 8 sixes. I ended that inings at 76 off 17 with a total of 10 sixes

Press Y/:pst: on the main career mode screen, before a match starts. Then select the competition you want and then press back/select and you'll see a massive stats table.

And if you'd like to skip one step and go straight to the stats of the competition that you're to play next, press :pss:.

Users who are viewing this thread