How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Cant agree more... Career mode is indeed an obsession. Unfortunately for me since this morning i cant see CONTINUE in career mode... i only see New and Lederboard.... Even though my storage hard drive shows the save... but some how game doesnt read it at all... No idea what to do.... never felt this bad for losing a game data before.

Dude, same thing happened to me today and I cant express how much in depression I am...just when I was getting very good and was supposed to be called on for Country duty (Very close in T20 and getting attention in ODI) I lost everything :((

Cud u somehow recover it or something? Plz lemme know...I can definitely go thru the gruelling process again and wud love to...but I got really attached to myself almost selected for my country :(

Got my 4th career t20 50 and took it through to my highest ever score in any format 75*

Not only bought home a run chase with a huge partnership over 100 (no more wickets lost after I came in) but also in quick enough time to get through to finals.

Finals about to start I'm currently very close to BBL and getting attention for IPL. Also the red ink got my t20 average over 20!!!

Looks like your career is going good Blocker.

I've still yet to get very far as I keep restarting for one reason or another.. oh well, this is all just practice until the PC version comes out. Was so wanting to start recording highlights of my play, but the PS3 cam that I hooked up to the PC is such poor quality, and I've got no decent way to mount the iPhone to record the screen.

Last night I realised 2 things. I survive much longer when I play on the off side as I'm not playing across my pads which will results in a LOT of LBW's or just simple aired to a fielder. I've become pretty adapt at hitting quite square on the off side, and have good control and usually can pick up a single every time.

I also learned that if you play a bad shot and don't get out, to not try the exact same shot again the next delivery. Playing against a medium pacer in a 4 day match, tried to play to a vacant fine square leg but swung early and it went into the pads (see above). Fortunately I think it was just a touch too high and was not given out. Next ball exactly the same, I swung at it exactly the same.. missed, but it was more full and plumb.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I've gotten out from a catch (apart from edges to the wicket keper). Lately my average is 30% LBW, 30% bowled/edged onto wickets, 30% caught by keeper, 10% run out with my own stupidity.

Last night I realised 2 things. I survive much longer when I play on the off side as I'm not playing across my pads which will results in a LOT of LBW's or just simple aired to a fielder.

Same here. I realized this only recently (during my second season). I was continuing to play leg side before this because it was just giving me more value for runs when I connected. Worked fine against pacers (130+), but against mediums who bowl 100-120 it was as good as a death wish. Would get lbw to caught very soon

So finally decided to start playing everything on the front foot. Anything on middle to off is driven or cut. Anything on the leg stump or outside leg is either directed to midwicket or glanced/flicked (Depending on the field). Started to score in the high 20s now compared to the single digit scores I got in the first season.

Ofcourse in T20s, with fine leg and midwicket up, going for the lofted flick or pull works very well in getting a good start and following it with just playing the field after that. Have score to big 50s (88 and 76) in T20s so far

Scored my first 100 of career mode in a T20 from 37 balls. Now I got 3 (50')s and 1 (100). I am loving it:)

Ive started playing offside alot more also

those edges to the keeper are killing me though

when the pace sl;ows down, as it does after 10 overs, playing a cover drive early results in a knick almost 75% of the time

its killing me!

Couple of games into the 3rd season now and my averages are as follows...

FC - 27 with 3 100s and 6 50s
List A - 26 with 7 50s
T20 - 25 with 2 50s

Whenever I think I've cracked the formula to score runs, I go back to square one with a bunch of low scores.

looking at the selection states it seems like it might work differently to the way I thought it did. I've gone as a spin bowler and seem to be tearing it up in the FC games but just doing alright in the limited over stuff.

I'm already selected for the aussie shield competition in my first season but noticed while I was "a fair way off" the BBL, a "long way off" the IPL and "no chance" of the international T20 team I'm "getting attention" for the test team.

I thought it was a set progress where you went domestic> overseas player in england/australia > IPL > limited overs > test, but it looks like I'm likely to be playing test cricket before I'll be in the IPL. is this possible?

looking at the selection states it seems like it might work differently to the way I thought it did. I've gone as a spin bowler and seem to be tearing it up in the FC games but just doing alright in the limited over stuff.

I'm already selected for the aussie shield competition in my first season but noticed while I was "a fair way off" the BBL, a "long way off" the IPL and "no chance" of the international T20 team I'm "getting attention" for the test team.

I thought it was a set progress where you went domestic> overseas player in england/australia > IPL > limited overs > test, but it looks like I'm likely to be playing test cricket before I'll be in the IPL. is this possible?

I have a similar graph as you. I am on my 2nd year in career. I have been made the captain of my county, got selected as a core member in Aus Sheild, regular in As 50 over domestic league, regular in Test team for India with getting attention for IPL. It seems like whatever format you do well you get selected for that format

that actually is better. so, another question, when you make it to international cricket are you still going back to play games for your county from time to time?

I suppose you must have to if you're playing test cricket but still not quite making the grade in twenty20 as you'll have to make your points up somehow. or do you just play the twenty20 cup in england and none of the FC county games?

My career is going good, about to finish my 2nd year in a couple of matches....I am got selected for English county for 50 over, and expecting selection for t20. I am averaging 60 for one-day matches, got nearly 2000 runs and averaging 40 for t20.
but my fc average is going downhill, averaging just 15, and no chance to get selected for next level. somehow i cannot make any runs in test :(

Users who are viewing this thread