How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I am not yet that good with the batting. I haven't scored a 100 but have a few 50's but now I am consistently getting in the 20's and 30's. I do not play straight shots that often as I tend to get out to them.

The most important thing about batting is timing i would say. There is a huge difference in the outcome of the shot depending on your timing. You even have to adjust your timing between a ball that goes 140kph and one that goes 120kph.

Practice your timing in the nets. Then go and play a Test Match in casual mode on pro or veteran difficulty and try to just stay in and play safe shots.
Some people premeditate and I often do it as well but I get out because I try and play a backfoot shot to a full ball or a front foot shot to a short ball.

Batting takes time to get the hang off. Try to force yourself not to premeditate and then read each ball and then play it. I have started to get the hang of this, it just takes time. Practice a bit in practice game mode as well.

whenever i try to go on backfoot and flick the ball to leg side, i get out because i move left and ball hits the stumps.
my main problem is i think what shot i will play before the delivery, and play it whether the ball is right or not to play that shot. if i see the ball and think of shot when ball is coming towards me then i could not do anything due to my slow reflexes.

yeah playing more casual test matches before career is good idea. will do that for sure. i just hope i get it better because the game is freaking awesome and so much realistic. :cheers

All is good...17 years, near end of season

Regular Member on County Cup and P40 Cup for Yorkshire,,,and Expecting selection on T20 cup

Expecting selection for South Africa Test,,,Very Close on ODI,,,Fair Way Off on T20i

Very Close on IPL

Last edited:
First time posting here, even though i've been following the forum for nearly a year! Thought may aswell post for the first time now.

Loving the career season, only thing i really play on the game at the moment. I'm 17th on the overall career leaderboard and really enjoying it!

Into my 4th season with my 20 year old Batsman (I captain almost all the sides i play for though so i bowl leg spin when i feel like it haha)

Captain my t20 team domestically (hampshire), country (India) and captain my Aussie league t20 team and IPL t20 team. Love the t20 format, scored around 28 50s+ and a couple of 100s+

Anyone have any questions be more than happy to answer, i think i've really got a decent grip of batting but my strategy is fairly straightforward. I bat at 3 so i try score very quickly and tend to bat in the first half of the overs and score my runs whilst the fields in, then simply try and bat as long as possible. I pretty much never have not outs though because I bat 3, so my average could be way higher than it is. Not a huge fan of the ODI or First class format as I just dont enjoy batting for long periods. My goal at the moment would be to get into the Indian ODI team and then eventually Indian test team but that will take a while!

mail

mail

Last edited:
First time posting here, even though i've been following the forum for nearly a year! Thought may aswell post for the first time now.

Loving the career season, only thing i really play on the game at the moment. I'm 17th on the overall career leaderboard and really enjoying it!

Into my 4th season with my 20 year old Batsman (I captain almost all the sides i play for though so i bowl leg spin when i feel like it haha)

Captain my t20 team domestically (hampshire), country (India) and captain my Aussie league t20 team and IPL t20 team. Love the t20 format, scored around 28 50s+ and a couple of 100s+

Love playing the t20 format, not a huge fan of the ODI or First class format as I just dont enjoy batting for long periods. My goal at the moment would be to get into the Indian ODI team and then eventually Indian test team but that will take a while!

mail

mail

Has anyone retired in your career? Or are people like Jimmy Adams and co still playing at 40 odd?

No ones retired that i've noticed, Jimmy adams still playing haha. Me and him tend to have alot of partnerships!

Okay interesting. If anyone retires or anything or changes to your international teams then can you let us know?

Okay interesting. If anyone retires or anything or changes to your international teams then can you let us know?

Will do definitely, if anyone else wants to ask just let me know. Nothing so far really has changed over the course of 4 seasons. Definitely is nice being able to captain the sides you play for, its crazy how much you can altar the ending of matches (especially t20), by either simulating the other half near the end and bowl yourself, change fields etc.

Hi Everyone :wave

I have scored my first 100 in the first innings of a new career I made. Sad part is after that every score has been under 10 :noway:lol

Forgot to mention strike rate of around 150.

Started a new career as well made a 1970's looking fast bowler side burns and all.

Last edited:
At age of 20
Skill at 3
Captain of domestic odi team
Core member of English county p40
Regular member of English t20
Regular member of indian odi team
Regular member of Indian t20
Regular contract from BBL
and regular member of IPL(royal challenger Bangalore)
Hey hey

Last edited:
Just scored my first ton in a Shield game batting at number 7! Had to save and exit because its late and about time for bed, but currently on 130 n.o., with the team being on 8/296.
Aiming for an individual score of 150-200+, but I'll probably run out of batting partners (or get myself out) before then!

i always play shots pressing LT and RT due to fear of getting catch out. is it good technique? i think it's affecting shot playing ability

i always play shots pressing LT and RT due to fear of getting catch out. is it good technique? i think it's affecting shot playing ability

Why not play shots without using triggers?

Has anyone noticed reverse swing in the game? I've had a few times where I'm bowling in the 70th over but I don't THINK I've noticed it yet.

Coming in second innings with our team in a decent position to bat out for the win in a 4 day match.. was close to time for me to head to bed, but I thought I'd do a few overs. Semi-decent gap on the off side, but a few fielders on the inner circle, didn't even know which bowler I was facing but thought he was quick.. timed my shot to early and scooped it to a fielder for a golden duck.. FML.

Users who are viewing this thread