How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
hey so the difficulty wont go up as you progress??:noway

If you play pro/veteran, once you go into the international team the difficulty steps up. If you start on legend then it won't change.

If you play pro/veteran, once you go into the international team the difficulty steps up. If you start on legend then it won't change.

they have to unlock the difficulties for career. it makes no sense to start again after you have mastered pro/vet, to begin on legend that doesnt change.

it actually makes no sense to start again period and i hope there is some cloud in the future where our careers are held, so we can utilise them on different consoles/pc's etc - this would be cool, would encorage people buying on multi plats. coz if this comes out on xbone, i probably wont bother getting it again, and im at the point that its almost not worth restarting for PC. i'll never hit 30yrs with all these reboots. probably a victim of its own success, career mode is THAT good, i wont play the other modes

As for selection, I'm a regular member of Pro40 and am expecting selection in English T20. Also, am quite close to selection for IPL and Indian odi squad. As for tests it's all 'Long Way off' and 'No Chance'. I'm beginning to come round to the idea of career mode for shorter formats where you can make a difference and it doesn't take too much time to play through a season, whereas Tests would be nice in a user/human vs AI or a Test tour mode.

Yeah you can make a huge difference in shorter formats. In T20s, a quick 30/40 when chasing can really change the equation and bring the rrr right down. In FC smashing 40 off 20 balls means nothing

I'm a Star Member for English Shield Cup and English P40

Core Member for the rest,,,IPL to International

I'm not happy though with these achievements :noway, as I like batting more than bowling...and I do poorly batting than bowling

All these achieved thanks to being an All-rounder

I battle with getting my average on First Class and Test to above 15

On shorter version yes I agree, its a bit easier than longer formats

Or maybe its hard for us to bat accordingly and make 8 runs off 46 balls like your Chris Rogers

T20 is a forgiving format, both for the technique of cricketer and gameplay of a cricket game.

In real cricket for each format the ball weighs 163.0 g and is and 229 mm in circumference, and played by humans.

In the game, the AI ignores field restrictions so it cant be that.

The timing window is definitely bigger in T20 and ODI in the career mode than in First Class matches.

Real cricket T20 averages are generally less than Test Averages, cos in T20 you cant play yourself in.

DBC13, batting averages are the other way round.

Poor start to the 2nd half of IPL with scores of 18, 22, 10 and 0 but pulled back with a 60*

3 regular season games left we should qualify for finals, my average is down to 30 though

im getting the hang of batting now but from 70 the field placings are ridiculous

played my first T20 tournament in career mode (english)
Batting at no 4, had an avg of 40
strike rate of 235
Highest score was 77
made 3 fifties

not bad at all, very happy with that

Finding now my offie is improving rpm 1600-1700 most of my "good" deliveries now go over the top of the stumps, hence why my lbw calls are always for nothing.

Not sure what that's all about.

In my third season and made my first 50 in any format (not out, in a FC game) Very satisfying as it was in a 4th innings run chase. Now average a mighty seven in all 3 formats!

Brought crashing back down to earth with a first baller and 4 in my next FC game.

Finding now my offie is improving rpm 1600-1700 most of my "good" deliveries now go over the top of the stumps, hence why my lbw calls are always for nothing.

Not sure what that's all about.

For your deliveries not to go above the stumps, you need to find which length to mix with which type of delivery...

For Top Spin, Arm Ball, Drift and Flight,,,I bowl them fuller and/or shorter, that way I target the stumps, but if I bowl these with good length, I never get them low enough...

I'm getting around 1200 rpm,,,I now can see the drift :yes

Users who are viewing this thread