How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Alert!!

Guys my sincere advice to all of you, save your career files somewhere else too. This is what happened to me:

When the match finished, it came to the screen where it shows how many points a career players had earned, I pressed OK and then , The screen went into infinite loop of simulating. Now whenever I select that career player, I only get "simulating" and the circle just spins. My career data got corrupt and now I can't play with that career player. I was playing sooo nicely with my all-rounder.. was made the captain of two teams and now all is GONE :mad .. I had to create a new player and now have to go through the tiring process of skills enahncement :facepalm

missed out on a 2nd career FC ton yesterday, LBW for 80 going for a shot that wasn't there. gutted - especially as i am not playing much FC at the moment due to T20I... and that's annoying as i've been having my best FC season, only played 9 games but scored 700 runs at nearly 40, 1 ton and 4 50s, plus a couple of 40s. still "no chance" for aus state though :(

I'm just going to ask this here because I don't want to have to go through the 'new thread' process (getting it approved by mods and then justifying to everyone else). So when you choose a strength, for a batsman seems more logical for this question, did you/should you choose your personal in-game strength to make one aspect of your batting unstoppable, or should you choose your personal weakness so that you can become an even all-round batsman that can play everything quite well? Bowling is a bit different because you have a stock ball and no one ball is easier, or comes more naturally, than another.

What I don't understand is why my number 5 batsman is bowling the 43rd, 45th, 47th and 49th overs in a one day match, with no square leg, no long on and no long off.

It's slightly more fun bowling with a batsman, because I've only taken one wicket instead of 5, but it's confusing because I didn't want to bowl until the AI batting aggression is sorted.

And how do I get made captain?

It's over 49, I have a slip, a gully and a silly point.

What I don't understand is why my number 5 batsman is bowling the 43rd, 45th, 47th and 49th overs in a one day match, with no square leg, no long on and no long off.

It's slightly more fun bowling with a batsman, because I've only taken one wicket instead of 5, but it's confusing because I didn't want to bowl until the AI batting aggression is sorted.

And how do I get made captain?

It's over 49, I have a slip, a gully and a silly point.

Then change the field.

Then change the field.

I'm a number 5 batsman. I shouldn't be bowling, never mind setting fields.

FWIW, I found out how to set the field and changed it to something more sensible for the last over - thanks for your help.

I'm a number 5 batsman. I shouldn't be bowling, never mind setting fields.

FWIW, I found out how to set the field and changed it to something more sensible for the last over - thanks for your help.

i've noticed that too... i'm a number 3 and was bowling at the death in like my 2nd list A game as a 16 year old!

i've noticed my captain has the following method...

bowl out half of the alloted overs for the opening bowlers.
bowl out half of the overs for first and 2nd change bowlers
bowl out rest of the overs for openers
bowl out rest of the overs for the change bowlers...

oh shit we've got 10 (or 4) overs left... better split them between any two tossers. this is even though our number 6 is a bona-fide all rounder. whether he gets to share the last 10 or 4 overs is very hit and miss.

in 4 day cricket he has a different method, of flog those same 4 bowlers into the ground, occasionally allowing one other bowler (not always the all-rounder) exactly 5 overs.

he's still a better captain than Alastair Cook.

Just got my 1st century, as Eddie Watson for VB against NSW. 117 of 77. 2 sixes. Got to 100 with a maximum straight down the ground, was a free hit. Great moment.

Had to continue my "pre-patch" career last night, seeing as my post match one crashed. In this one i have my local SA franchises in the competitions (Aus series).
I bat number 5 and it was rather nerve racking to go join Graham Smith at the crease, with him sitting on 230 runs. Kept on thinking to myself, DO NOT RUN HIM OUT, DO NOT RUN HIM OUT. Guess what, i am ran him out on 248 :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
I was so peeved off, i got out the next ball i faced while trying to smack the ball out the country. Seems my 16 year old still has a lot to learn :yes:yes

I have got a question to everyone. I lost my first career player (Bowling All Rounder) and started a new career as a batsman. I am playing in the FC matches and scored two fifties and three to four thirties or more in eight matches so far. I have no problem facing spin bowlers as I score most of my runs against them. But I have huge issues playing the fast and fast medium bowlers. Whatever shot I play, the ball only goes to either of the three fielders 1. Midd on, 2. Square leg 3. Fine leg. Is this something to do with your confidence level. When I try to play offside either I am left hitting the thin air or snicking it to the keeper. Can you give some tips on facing the fast bowlers especially.

I have got a question to everyone. I lost my first career player (Bowling All Rounder) and started a new career as a batsman. I am playing in the FC matches and scored two fifties and three to four thirties or more in eight matches so far. I have no problem facing spin bowlers as I score most of my runs against them. But I have huge issues playing the fast and fast medium bowlers. Whatever shot I play, the ball only goes to either of the three fielders 1. Midd on, 2. Square leg 3. Fine leg. Is this something to do with your confidence level. When I try to play offside either I am left hitting the thin air or snicking it to the keeper. Can you give some tips on facing the fast bowlers especially.

i think you're probably playing too late.

I bat number 5 and it was rather nerve racking to go join Graham Smith at the crease, with him sitting on 230 runs. Kept on thinking to myself, DO NOT RUN HIM OUT, DO NOT RUN HIM OUT.

This i done this numerous times if i come back, run his ass out any change i get

dont like him and not even in the game lol

Last edited:
i've noticed that too... i'm a number 3 and was bowling at the death in like my 2nd list A game as a 16 year old!

i've noticed my captain has the following method...

bowl out half of the alloted overs for the opening bowlers.
bowl out half of the overs for first and 2nd change bowlers
bowl out rest of the overs for openers
bowl out rest of the overs for the change bowlers...

oh shit we've got 10 (or 4) overs left... better split them between any two tossers. this is even though our number 6 is a bona-fide all rounder. whether he gets to share the last 10 or 4 overs is very hit and miss.

in 4 day cricket he has a different method, of flog those same 4 bowlers into the ground, occasionally allowing one other bowler (not always the all-rounder) exactly 5 overs.

he's still a better captain than Alastair Cook.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my captain has the same approach in 1 dayers.

It kind of evens out, though, because it turns out the opposing captains are idiots too. I'm down the non-strikers end watching my partner tear their medium pacer apart.

It's not really the medium pacers fault, he's bowling to a slip, a 3rd slip, a gully, a silly mid-off and a guy that I expect is a 5th slip, but I think is just really into the view of the gully preparing to catch.

Of course, my partner is on 25. I'm on 3. When I get down that end, the field spreads far and wide.

Except for the 5th slip guy, who fields at long on behind the gully at mid-on.

*edit* Now, if I could just not have stepped the wrong way down the pitch and ended up playing around my pad ...

Last edited:
Just got called up to play for Sumerset after the finals in my first year. Currently 'Very Close' to ODI and Test selection for Australia and hoping to crack it before I hit 17. Come on down!

Domestically, I ended the year with 308 wickets and scored 837 runs for 24 MOTM awards. Averaged 50.00 with the bat in the 50 Over Cup and 26.30 in the Domestic Shield, as opposed to about 4 in my first career. Bowling averages were 3.13 and 2.98.

I'm deliberately not mentioning T20 because I sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread