How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
...or if everyone just wants to ignore my question that'd be alright too.

That's just going to make people ignore you, isn't it?

...I don't want to have to go through the 'new thread' process ...when you choose a strength... did you/should you choose your personal in-game strength... or should you choose your personal weakness

It was a bit of a pointless question, and hard to understand why you though it'd be worthy of a new thread: it's a personal preference.

That's just going to make people ignore you, isn't it?
It was more of a joke really
It was a bit of a pointless question, and hard to understand why you though it'd be worthy of a new thread: it's a personal preference.

Clearly I didn't think it was worth a new thread, and the point was to see what your personal preference was.

what about the career rebooters?

ya know the ones on your friend list, whom log on every 5mins and start playing bradman every 5 mins

get a giggle everytime my screen is spammed by xbox notifs that "blah is online", then "blah is playing bradman" rinse and repeat numerous times an hour. i have to pause coz sometimes the notifs get in the way of my batsmen and pitch. i feel for them though, everyone goes thru a lull/form slump

:spy

So when you choose a strength, for a batsman seems more logical for this question, did you/should you choose your personal in-game strength to make one aspect of your batting unstoppable, or should you choose your personal weakness so that you can become an even all-round batsman that can play everything quite well?

I had the same thought on my MANY career starts. Mostly I've gone with my strength (Front foot) as I know I'll be using it 95% of the time.. but I did think a couple of times of making my strength back foot just so I know if I need to do it, I won't totally suck.

It's really personal preference to when you want to feel safe(r).

----------

what about the career rebooters?

ya know the ones on your friend list, whom log on every 5mins and start playing bradman every 5 mins

get a giggle everytime my screen is spammed by xbox notifs that "blah is online", then "blah is playing bradman" rinse and repeat numerous times an hour. i have to pause coz sometimes the notifs get in the way of my batsmen and pitch. i feel for them though, everyone goes thru a lull/form slump

:spy

Haha.. fortunately I only have one person on my PSN friends list, and he doesn't have the game (yet).. I'm currently playing the copy he'll soon own.

Finally scored my first 100, had to "get it" over a couple of days... but it's nice that the save feature kicks you right back into the game reasonably quickly loading-wise.

Scored 119 odd in a 50 over match, getting us almost all the way home (out 19 runs short of the win, but the tail end mopped up the rest with 4 overs to spare). Got MOTM and although I slowed down considerably from my fast start, still ended up with a 119 strike rate, so pleased with that effort.

I'm resorting to skipping 4 day matches completely now so I can focus on getting my 50 over stats a little healthier. I'm an ants dick away from T20 selection in the IPL and NZ team, so making good progress in that format with the strategy of just focusing on those matches for a few seasons.

One thing I will note is between 80 - 90 I had every member of the fielding side, except for the keeper and the bowler fielding on the leg side, as the bowler ran in bowling short-balls every ball. It took me about 2 overs to get from 70 to 80 because of a really good field set from the AI then it all went to hell from 80-90 with that bizzare field as I basically batted on the edge of the pitch and cut everything for four...

Gotta fix the AI field stuff, even the super-human fielders can't run from one side to the other to take a catch :p

Thinking i am going to need to restart my season, again. Currently a all rounder and batting at 5. But i am been trying to bowl without looking at the "assist", but not really getting it right. If i understand correctly, that disappears when you go international. Dont know if its worth it if i am not getting the bowling right as it would be. Does the size of the green in the bowling increase as you improve, or does it stay the small 5 degree or so size? Might go better if it does increase with your helmet. Otherwise time to go full on batter perhaps

Being a spin bowler seems way to easy honestly in getting wickets
1st game legend diff i got 5 / 36 in 17 overs

Maybe restart again as a batting all rounder but as a medium or fast bowler
thinking might be much more of a challenge

Being a spin bowler seems way to easy honestly in getting wickets
1st game legend diff i got 5 / 36 in 17 overs

Maybe restart again as a batting all rounder but as a medium or fast bowler
thinking might be much more of a challenge

Yeah it is not that hard to take wickets but may change after Patch#2 as they are making AI to bat smarter....

It was more of a joke really

Clearly I didn't think it was worth a new thread, and the point was to see what your personal preference was.

i actually didn't really understand the question :)

----------

had a really poor Pro-40 (List A) season which was annoying as both FC and T20 went really well.

so was quite nice to start the Aus 50 over competition with a 50, making 65 though we lost on the last ball.

followed up next game with a duck :( - should be working anyway!!

--------

have now made 29 50s across all formats (including 1 t20i 50) and 2 100s. in my 5th season, just finished English summer going into the Aussie one.

average about 25 T20, 22 T20i, 19 List A, 18 FC

stats improving significantly year on year.

i actually didn't really understand the question :)

Should someone choose their personal strength or personal weakness when choosing for their career player, however I think the moment has passed now.

Should someone choose their personal strength or personal weakness when choosing for their career player, however I think the moment has passed now.

oh i see...

well actually, when i made my "CA" player, i made him amazing. like my CA player is to Don Bradman what Don Bradman is to me in real life... both skills and attributes ridiculous...

obviously skills get reduced but i think attributes remain the same so my player has crap skills and the attributes of a titan.

will restart career when patch 2 comes out, so need to remember to tweak that.

Yesterday was a good day.

First in FC game was able to score 50s in both innings and remain highest scorer of my team in both innings too. (we lost the game but I scored 130 runs in match).

Then in List A outing still not out on 52* with good S.R of around 100 and finally able to play ground shots with a lot more confidence and on will.

Good day because I didnt gave a single catch to anyone and was playing every-ball on the ground and was good fora change to play the shot even at the fielders and trying to get some gaps and was able to do so.

Ross, you're more of a tease than my girlfriend in a schoolgirl outfit!
Give the game a release date already and put us out of our misery!

Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks of Ross like this......ooops....dont press send dutch...phew, close one.......

Ok so i started a new career again but this time as a fast bowler batting at 4

But here is my issue ( think this has been mentioned before but not 100% sure)
Damn a 16 yr old bowler tires very quickly, i mean 4 overs his tired, cant bowl fast anymore

That just sucks more than what a hookers asks for a BJ

Ok so i started a new career again but this time as a fast bowler batting at 4

But here is my issue ( think this has been mentioned before but not 100% sure)
Damn a 16 yr old bowler tires very quickly, i mean 4 overs his tired, cant bowl fast anymore

That just sucks more than what a hookers asks for a BJ

Every bowler tires quickly... You're just picking up on that now?

Users who are viewing this thread