How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just took 4 wickets for 2 runs as a medium fast pace bowling batting allrounder and scored a knock of 134 not out in the same List A match. Full allround performance,felt great. I gotta say, a few knocks like this really makes the skill bar jumping high!

Last edited:
I will note that I am playing on legend difficulty with this full time batsman. I would like to be able to compare first-year figures for anyone else playing legend difficulty with a batsman, if there are any out there.

Here's mine..Playing in Legend level and 1st year not yet finished...:D

Attachments

• Career Stats.docx
    13.2 KB · Views: 37
Can someone tell me why in the game short fine leg and short third man in limited overs games are counted as players outside the circle??

In my second IPL season 4 games in, I tell ya, personally I dominate, but my teams suck

1st year i played for chennai and we went 3-13, yet as an opener i scored 748 runs @ 47.8

2nd season as captain of rajastan, ive hit 234 runs @58.5 and we are 0-4

Love the IPL, but the competition is bloody tough, Im going to resort to bowling myself soon!!

Finally hit a century in career mode!! Started a new one as batting all rounder, 1st game got a score of 11, 2nd game got 13, 3rd game and it just clicked, batting at 5 had a 100+ partnership with carberry before stupidly running him out for 97, had to make amends and reached 100 off 50 odd balls, finished bein bowled for 125 playing the first pre meditated shot of the knock! Happy days indeed.

reached 100 off 50 odd balls

One thing that sort of kills the immersion for me (hey...its all about immersion!) is the fact that ALL of my scores have been >run a ball, even in 4 day mode. Usually, a strike rate of 100 is normal for T20 and One dayers, but not for test/county type matches. My strike rate for my career batsman is 200+. Its nice to score runs but how realistic is it?

eg. here's the stats (strike rates) for Michael Clarke:

Test - 55.83
ODI - 78.76
T20 - 103
List A - 78
T20 - 108

and for David Warner (who you'd expect to have this kind of strike rate):

Test - 73
ODI - 82
T20I - 139
FC - 74
List A - 93
T20 - 141

Warner is striking at 74 runs/100 balls and yet I'm doing 200+. Something wrong there?

Warner is striking at 74 runs/100 balls and yet I'm doing 200+. Something wrong there?

As I said to someone else's stats above, the strike rates make me itch.

I think the standard shot needs the power in it dropped (so fewer of them race away for 4 - and fewer carry for catches in the infield) and defensive shots need to be safer to play.

This way the risk/reward gets a better balance. As things stand, even intentionally playing conservatively I end up scoring almost a run a ball in 4 day matches. I shudder to imagine the results I'd get if I didn't suck.

Agreed @The_Pharoah and @ellgieff

I like the idea of making blocking safer (as it should be) so that we're inclined to block out more.

Strike rates are high because we enjoy scoring runs more than maintaining a realistic strike rate!

What I've been doing lately is trying to build up skills, especially back foot, and I'm not going to do that by facing 30 odd balls per innings. So I've been playing myself in (maybe 7 from 20) then scoring as per normal. Then once (or if) I've made 30 I start to block out everything until the 'important' ball (multiple of 6) comes up.

Because I've blocked so much the field is up and I can safely do the big back foot drive that I want to do. Generally I can face a lot more balls with a realistic strike rate. In my last game I scored 71 from 106 balls in a Shield match abd racked up about 17 skill points.

But sometimes a block = a wicket, so I do agree that blocking should be made easier.

Last edited:
At a point in my career where i'm trying build my batting innings more and it's going good but is there really no way to choose the power of a shot? I keep getting out because of this,I'll get a good start and it usually gets to a point where the fielders are mostly back on the rope so i just go for singles but when i try to just push the ball along the ground and run 1 or 2 the ball goes flying through the air to the man on the rope, it really sucks sometimes it will be fine and the ball will run of the bat fine but then randomly it'll fly off even though i swear i'm doing the exact same thing.

got a 74 and MOTM in first game of the IPL season and was made captain (i think my 3rd IPL season, 5th season overall.)

George Bailey took his demotion surprisingly well.

Yoh! To all the Centurions in career mode.

Can you guys tell me in what camera angle u guys scored your century?

I'm old school and still bat with "broadcast" cam. Highest 78.

Let a brother know

At a point in my career where i'm trying build my batting innings more and it's going good but is there really no way to choose the power of a shot? I keep getting out because of this,I'll get a good start and it usually gets to a point where the fielders are mostly back on the rope so i just go for singles but when i try to just push the ball along the ground and run 1 or 2 the ball goes flying through the air to the man on the rope, it really sucks sometimes it will be fine and the ball will run of the bat fine but then randomly it'll fly off even though i swear i'm doing the exact same thing.

This game is realistic is many ways so you have to see the timing of your shot. Early,late,very late or perfect. If you want singles then don't time it perfectly. Practice in the nets.

Hit the first T20 first in second match. 52* off 16, hitting spinners for boundaries in power play is very easy.
I heard it's possible to change between helmet and cap between sessions. How?

Users who are viewing this thread