How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'm still holding off on starting a proper PC career - I want to make sure I've got all the modding sorted out first - so I've got proper kits for all the teams at least, that kind of thing.

Not being able to make changes to career makes me want to make sure I have everything perfect before starting.

But, I can't face going back to the console experience after playing the game on PC - so I'm kinda stuck just doing casual matches.

Anyone else in that boat?

My issue is partly waiting for mods, partly trying to get a bit better. I'm stuck between pro and veteran and the moment not sure what to start the career in.

My issue is partly waiting for mods, partly trying to get a bit better. I'm stuck between pro and veteran and the moment not sure what to start the career in.

Start on Pro as you will hit Veteran pretty soon when you get to the 2nd helmet skill level and will be on Legend when you make it to intl level.

I think I hit pro when I got picked for England in my rookie career. 5 match ODI series - averaged 8.

I started on amateur and have been av 40+ in list a/1st class but got to helmet 2 just as t20 comp started and was really struggling! I thought it went up when you make international status (t20i/odi) and again when you make test status but I think I'm now on pro even in domestic. I'm yet to get close to getting an overseas contract but I'm on pro which means I think I'm goin to have to start a new career on rookie because there's no way on earth I can play on veteran!!

Oh dear barmy it seems there maybe someone worse than me on here!! I started as a 16 yo on amateur and had been really loving finally being able to succeed but alas helmet 2 seems to have done for me!!! Hopefully BA may think of changing how/ when you go up a level perhaps when you get to level 3 then level 5 rather than helmet 2 then international status because for some it seems you could go up 2 levels in a short space of time. However, I'm not in the " I suck so I want the game to be easier" brigade!!! Well not yet anyway!! My eldest boy (9) doesn't even like cricket but smashed 20 off one over the other night, he has since been banned from my Xbox!!!

My eldest boy (9) doesn't even like cricket but smashed 20 off one over the other night, he has since been banned from my Xbox!!!

Reminds me of going to France years ago, and inviting a French friend along with a group of us for a bit of beach cricket. We explained the rough concept of the sport, and I think he saw it as some kind of equivalent of baseball. Anyway, we thought we'd go easy on him for starters, but as the afternoon wore on, none of us could get him out - he'd just smash us all over the place! :lol

Got my 5th five-for earlier, and only my second on Veteran. I'm now up to 105 first class wickets and about 1050 first class runs. Keep getting out around 13 now though, and my average has dropped from 23 to 21 to 19, haha! Got my first run out too earlier. No idea what the AI was thinking going for the run, simplest direct hit you'll ever see, haha! Those stats are coming from 38 first class matches I think. I don't count my limited overs stats so much because they're mostly awful, although one of my five-fors did come in the Pro 40, somehow.

Anyone playing as a WK in their career ? Just curious how that is panning out .. boredom wise :P

Or you can simulate your wk duties ?

Oh, mention of WKs reminds me. I stopped having slips because any edges would go to the keeper normally. Had a thick one earlier that would have gone to 2nd or 3rd slip and couldn't believe it, haha! So it's worth still having them there, just not very often. :p

feeling bad

its very sad that the difficulty level will automatically changes in career mode. in fifa career mode we can manually select our own difficulty level.. but bradman disappoints.. Just scored 50 runs in the last 18 T20 in my career mode after the difficulty level changed and before that scored 2500 + runs in 60 matches.. I am trying hard but cant score... looks like my 4000rs is gone...

looks like my 4000rs is gone...

Did you buy it on console or PC? If the latter, I will gladly refund you the money if you transfer your steam purchase to my account and I'll gift it to someone on the forum for them to enjoy. If on console, just trade it in. Problem solved. Oooooor just practice and get better at the game? Plenty of options for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread