How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
just try to play according to your strength for 1st 50/60 runs, and once the confidence level is up, go for shots towards Off Side. You cannot get edge if you are not trying to play towards off side. But different things work for different players so play as per your strength for initial phase.
Absolutely correct, My strategy is lil bit different, I start with bang going after anything outside off, hitting sixes and fours through cover area and picking 1s, 2s, 3s and odd boundary on leg side. after reaching 70 odd, stop using triggers and play with RAS and LAS.

D

Dutch

your batting partner does love knocking the last ball of the over for 1 don't they?

Ha ha! My team mates think I am a complete w****r because I always refuse the single off the last ball or only run one at the beginning of the over instead of two to hog the strike....but you know what, fearsome tweak 'em...i paid for the game!

Ren

Club Captain
Thats not how it works, indeed the opposite is reasonably true.

So I'm guessing it's just about the skill level of the career batsman and I need to just keep picking up skill points until he's good enough to find the middle regularly correct?

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I'm well miffed. Got to the semis of the 40 over comp, restricted them to just 201 which was pretty getable and I come in at #5 with us needing 42 off 18 because our stupid #4 has batted 63 deliveries and scored 38. Needless to say I holed out trying to biff it. :mad

and now in my last championship game with a chance to win division 2 I take 8 for 14 in the first innings so in the 2nd innings the skipper brings me on in the 34th over with them already 133/4. Idiot.

Edit:

We won, and I came in to hit the winning runs. Which was nice.

Last edited:

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
As a bowling all rounder batting at #5 I find that batting is a lot better at the moment, since the patch I've scored 50+ about 3 times, and average 30-40 runs per innings at the moment. Batting in Tests is where I normally edge out within the first 2 overs of my batting, I don't have the same issue in the Pro40, 50 over or 20 over formats.

dippa

Club Captain
So I'm guessing it's just about the skill level of the career batsman and I need to just keep picking up skill points until he's good enough to find the middle regularly correct?
That's been my experience.

Reactions: Ren

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Agree with this and @dippa. My older career player plays shots a lot more reliably than my more recently created one.

Reactions: Ren

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm well miffed. Got to the semis of the 40 over comp, restricted them to just 201 which was pretty getable and I come in at #5 with us needing 42 off 18 because our stupid #4 has batted 63 deliveries and scored 38. Needless to say I holed out trying to biff it. :mad

and now in my last championship game with a chance to win division 2 I take 8 for 14 in the first innings so in the 2nd innings the skipper brings me on in the 34th over with them already 133/4. Idiot.

Edit:

We won, and I came in to hit the winning runs. Which was nice.

I'd bowled a T20 match where my economy was 1.4 and I'd taken four wickets, and my captain didn't think I should bowl my 4th over, instead he took me off and put on a quickie who went for 15. We still won which was good. This happens quite a lot. I think maybe I slept with the captains wife or something.

I'm playing for England in my first season (hoorah!) but on veteran, the batting is near impossible! High score of 11 in four attempts so far!

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Started a fresh career as a Batsman. In 3 FC innings i've scored 0,0 and 16. But in my one List A innings I scored 36. Not too good a start but i'm beginning to learn to bat to my strength now. Hopefully as I pick up career XP it'll get a little easier. Was gutted to get out for 36, thought my first ever 50 in DB14 was on the cards!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Started a fresh career as a Batsman. In 3 FC innings i've scored 0,0 and 16. But in my one List A innings I scored 36. Not too good a start but i'm beginning to learn to bat to my strength now. Hopefully as I pick up career XP it'll get a little easier. Was gutted to get out for 36, thought my first ever 50 in DB14 was on the cards!
That's what we think even when we are on 99* but the game doesn't understand our feelings...:p

Have got out many times in good scores when playing in full flow but all of a sudden OUT!!!!It happens but you tend to get better and better as the game goes on and that's the reason why the game is so addictive....

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
That's what we think even when we are on 99* but the game doesn't understand our feelings...:p

Have got out many times in good scores when playing in full flow but all of a sudden OUT!!!!It happens but you tend to get better and better as the game goes on and that's the reason why the game is so addictive....
yep, you are right. In my last innings i batted with patience, left every thing out side off (getting out caught behind) and got to 193 of 167.
and got an unlucky lbw decision(nicked the ball)
final score 193 of 175(second 190)

Users who are viewing this thread