How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I recently started playing the game again after patch 3 for PS4 came out and jumped straight into career mode. I struggled initially, but ended the season a bit better. Nowhere near international selection and did not even make the English selection for season 1. My end of season stats are as follows:

Batting position: 3

List A:
Inns: 15
NO: 0
Runs: 539
HS: 107
Ave: 35.93
BF: 482
S/R: 111.82
100's: 2
50's: 2
4's: 52
6's: 1

First Class:
Inns: 30
Runs: 944
HS: 117
Ave: 31.47
BF: 879
S/R: 107.39
100's: 1
50's: 5
4's: 87
6's: 7

T20:
Inns: 7
Runs: 163
HS: 77
Ave: 23.29
BF: 104
S/R: 156.73
100's: 0
50's: 1
4's: 13
6's: 4

Not much to write home about there, but the second season is going much better with my first double hundred and a lot more runs. Slowly learning and improving my timing. I am close to my first season's runs in first class mode with only about half the games played.

I've just restarted my career as a 16 y/o opening batsman for Qld on Legendary. Been doing alright so far - averaging about 30 something in the 4 dayers, 38 in the one dayers and about 40 something in the BBL. I basically avoid ANY balls going across me because its an automatic knick...all my shots are square drives or legside which is silly given the cover drive is everyone's bread and butter.

I've just restarted my career as a 16 y/o opening batsman for Qld on Legendary. Been doing alright so far - averaging about 30 something in the 4 dayers, 38 in the one dayers and about 40 something in the BBL. I basically avoid ANY balls going across me because its an automatic knick...all my shots are square drives or legside which is silly given the cover drive is everyone's bread and butter.
Yeah the frustrating thing is that ai
can play actoss the line anytime they like without the sniff of a chance...i am just waiting for dbc2 to be honest: batting is great, bowling is broken....

Yeah its disappointing. DB14 was heralded as the next best thing in cricket games (which it is), however the development of it has just died and thats the disappointing bit. Would've been nice if it was modded to fill in the gaps but thats locked down and nobody's bothered I think. Shame really. Don't get me wrong, I love this game but thats also the problem..because I love this game and keep playing it, I keep getting reminded of its shortcomings every time I boot up the career mode.

Little things like eg. I watched the highlights of Adam Voges batting today...he just basically punted the ball forward and it zipped away for 4 through long on. DB14 has this silly 'must slow down' feature which spoils this.

One other thing esp for career mode is that, if I bat for long periods (as opener), my team falls apart. If I go out early, they score big. Its like the AI batting can't handle anything. How am I supposed to build a total like that?

this is cruel, batting on 299 pressed y to simulate to the career player and innings was declared. :noway20160323205809_1.jpg 20160323205850_1.jpg 20160323211447_1.jpg

DqrzS7J.jpg

Scored this while playing career mode on Amateur so decided to change to Pro

Started the career as a bowling all rounder!

Users who are viewing this thread