How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I played the 2nd Ashes test at Lords and got Ricky Ponting out for a king pair! (first ball duck in both innings). Not likely it would happen in a real match!

i think tutsi's gameplay patch will help u there, the only promblem is that u have to play as india, so now im currently playing a border-gavaskar trophy where i've batted for 75overs and my run rate hasn't gone over 3.2!

Mmm, might give that one a try! Cheers!:)

i'l try a posting a summary of the match when i finish which will take some time.:):laugh

Holy Sh*t... i tried playing with a controller for the first time and scored 471 off 18 overs all out... wow lol.

Shane Watson 130 (28)
M. Hussey 151* (31)
D. Warner 54 (21)
S. Marsh 0 (1) :facepalm

on Normal Difficulty btw... this was against England. I was Australia. Twenty20.

My highest with keyboard was 267 off 15 overs all out. Controller actually really helps.

Last edited:
I played the 2nd Ashes test at Lords and got Ricky Ponting out for a king pair! (first ball duck in both innings). Not likely it would happen in a real match!

He got out for golden duck against pakistan otherday mind

Do you play test matches? How many days do they go to for you???

before the patch came i controlled my self to a 600+ opening stand with my custom players 360*(578) and 287*(632) i declared at 692/0. but usually it lasts around 40 overs all together.

if ur talking about real time then this particular test iv moved another 10 overs in 3 days if i go slow it keeps me from going crazy and trying to slog and getting out. and because i dont have the time to play these days.

Last edited:
Ashes Dominated by England

Just LOVE playing this game. Played my First Ashes on Hard level and boy it was fun. Earlier the Australian batsmen just wouldnt make any mistakes and then came Swann and the rest was history. The first 3 wickets he picked up was a HATTRICK and i was wondering before this, how can i even get a hattrick to unlock the stadium. Gave a stick to all the australian bowlers except Stuart Clark.

Suggession: If you want a hattrick bowl with a spinner few inches outside off stump and fuller with ample of spin. Most of the time the batsmen will try to play it but leave it at the last minute. If the spin is right it will be Ball meets Stumps :). There is nothing more satisfying for a bowler than to see the stumps knocked down.

17572_445145345391_570980391_10848827_1752556_n.jpg

I just finished my first t20 game, simulated the bowling after getting hammered for 5 overs and then i go out to bat and won a thriller.....

Cricket2009 2010-01-29 19-23-09-17.png

Cricket2009 2010-01-29 19-23-17-04.png

Cricket2009 2010-01-29 19-23-32-59.png

Cricket2009 2010-01-29 19-23-42-81.png

In regards to the ai going bananas for a brief period I find that certain batsmen trigger it. Playing in Ashes against England the run rate seems to always skyrocket when KP walks out into the middle. The other day I had England 0-27 after 16 overs and then I got Strauss out for 10 off 57 balls and Bopara went for a globe, KP walks in and hits me for six first ball and its on. He also made Cook go nuts too as he was about 15 off 60 as well but ended up 44 off 75 before I dismissed him.

KP has been a thorn in the side in my last two ashes tests scoring 197, 131 and 70 in his last 3 innings.

^^ same thing with michael hussey, whenever he comes out to bat he starts slogging and if u dont get him out early u will go for a few:p

Has anybody had a match were it has rained? Because I've had the game since its release and I've never had a match were its rained

funny you should say that because I haven't either, although according to weather analyst J Agnew it will rain every second session.

Does Ian Botham do any commentary on the game apart from his little training drills with Warney? I get Warney, Greig (a friggin lot I start reciting his all time team when he gets asked every second over) and Ian Bishop. I was hoping for some english jibes in my ashes campaign.

I decided to play Ashes 09 after a lay off of almost 2 weeks and found it surprisingly challenging(at least in bowling department). Played Ind vs SAF at Kolkata on a turner and it was awesome test cricket. i bowled 58 overs to bowl out SAF for 258. Once they were looking unstoppable when they were at 120/1 but then some lucky wickets and spinner did the trick. AI really tried to pace the innings like test match. There were only about 4 or 5 slog shots in entire innings. India is 6/2 in 1st innings. Would play rest of the match tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread