How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

I purchased the game yesterday. International Cricket 10 is exactly the same what was Ashes Cricket 09 in most most aspects and features. However, Its good to see a bit improved version. I am getting fine so far. Didnt get the change to play Online with any good player so far. I chased 129 in 7 overs against holland in normal difficulty. Finding it hard to bat in a hard mode but the problem is that I have less time to play now. Last year I was free and currently I am quite busy with my work.

Any good player wanna add me so please on PS3. :)

I tell ya what, I am loving this game, loving it. Just finished the 2nd game of my World T20 campaign and it was another final over finish. The Dutch batted first and took advantage of some more sloppy bowling and fielding to notch up 161/7 from their 20. It would have looked a lot better than that if it wasn't for some quality death bowling from Collingwood in the last over where he took 2/6. Bresnan went well again too, picking up 2/21 from his 4, but other than that it was a pretty shoddy performance again. Yardy bowled well in his last 3 overs, but his first went for 24 with a couple of no balls in there. Broad was pretty shocking as well.

Then with the bat I got off to a pretty slow start. Kieswetter went for 6 from 8, Trott managed a very realistic 17 from 28 (:p), Pietersen came and went for 10, Collingwood batted nicely for 27 before hauling out in the deep off the spinner and Wright failed to follow up his heroics in the 1st game with another score, getting out 3rd ball for 0. Therefore, it was up to star-man Eoin Morgan and Michael Yardy to finish the game off. Morgan made a very nice 44* from 29 with Yardy finishing the game off with 45* from 27 balls. We won in the last over, thanks to hitting 2 off a no ball at the start of the 20th over. Was another really close game. Really didn't think I'd get home when Collingwood and Wright went in quick succession. Lucky Eoin Morgan's a beast on this game really :D 71 off 33 against Pakitan followed by 44* from 29 in this one. Awesome stuff. Just wish I could get some runs with KP and Kieswetter.

Wow. What a match!
Played a 5 over game on hard as Aus against Scotland thinking it would be a walk in the park. Batted using only the lofted shot button and made 61/4. Then Scotland came out to bat and smashed me all over the place.
It came down to 14 needed off the final over. First ball - no ball so free hit. Second ball - another no ball so another free hit. 3 balls to go - 8 runs needed.
Penultimate ball - caught on the boundary. Final ball - hit on the pad; no run.
Australia beat Scotland by 1 run.

Attachments

• hjrg.jpg
    hjrg.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 135
EDIT: 47.4 Anderson hits Boucher 10 (24) on the leg with the outswinger. Given out LBW. I tried to play a drive to long on but the game gave me a backfoot hook. That's how that happened. SA 180/6

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I absolutely hated this in AC09!!

Wow. What a match!
Played a 5 over game on hard as Aus against Scotland thinking it would be a walk in the park. Batted using only the lofted shot button and made 61/4. Then Scotland came out to bat and smashed me all over the place.
It came down to 14 needed off the final over. First ball - no ball so free hit. Second ball - another no ball so another free hit. 3 balls to go - 8 runs needed.
Penultimate ball - caught on the boundary. Final ball - hit on the pad; no run.
Australia beat Scotland by 1 run.

nice match there...! AI looking pretty good......wait for the game seems longer and longer.......

Bowling with HUD off is ludicrous. Playing a test match, England (AI) are 336/1 off 46.3 overs

YES! Just bowled an over that went for 2

Last edited:
had a really good game last night against the computer on hard , minimal hud

1st game of world trophy v NEW ZEALAND ( 50 overs )

I made a very patient 329 all out in 49.2 overs , longest i've ever batted on any cricket game :)

KP 62 (57)
COOK 51 (71)
SIDEBOTTOM 48 (63)
MORGAN 42 (39)

went in with a tactic and stuck to it opened with flintoff and wright trying to get of to a flyer but were both out with the score on just 32, but then kp & cook settled and put on 103 before i stupidly ran out KP :facepalm
morgan came in a fired the run rate upto around 7.2 before quick wickets left me on 239/9 sidebottom & anderson put on a huge last wicket partnership which got me to a par score of 329 all out

NEW ZEALAND in reply were always in the game dispite at one point the RRR being at 8.2 , was great to see the AI playing aggressive shots and missing, their openers put on 72 before anderson made the break through, they then lost wickets at crucial stages then S.styris took the game too swann, helped by Vittori , tiller but they was all out for 298 (44.5)

Wright the pick my bowlers, 3-32 of 8
Swann 3-67 (9)
Flintoff 2-45 (10)
Anderson 1-33 (10) best wicket by a mile in swinger batsman caught in front LBW ( plumb as could be )

took nearly 5 hours of my time but was worth every minute loved it!

had a really good game last night against the computer on hard , minimal hud

1st game of world trophy v NEW ZEALAND ( 50 overs )

I made a very patient 329 all out in 49.2 overs , longest i've ever batted on any cricket game :)

KP 62 (57)
COOK 51 (71)
SIDEBOTTOM 48 (63)
MORGAN 42 (39)

went in with a tactic and stuck to it opened with flintoff and wright trying to get of to a flyer but were both out with the score on just 32, but then kp & cook settled and put on 103 before i stupidly ran out KP :facepalm
morgan came in a fired the run rate upto around 7.2 before quick wickets left me on 239/9 sidebottom & anderson put on a huge last wicket partnership which got me to a par score of 329 all out

NEW ZEALAND in reply were always in the game dispite at one point the RRR being at 8.2 , was great to see the AI playing aggressive shots and missing, their openers put on 72 before anderson made the break through, they then lost wickets at crucial stages then S.styris took the game too swann, helped by Vittori , tiller but they was all out for 298 (44.5)

Wright the pick my bowlers, 3-32 of 8
Swann 3-67 (9)
Flintoff 2-45 (10)
Anderson 1-33 (10) best wicket by a mile in swinger batsman caught in front LBW ( plumb as could be )

took nearly 5 hours of my time but was worth every minute loved it!

I hope the last few wickets you got were not because of the AI playing rash/lofted strokes, as considering that they still fell short by just 31 runs with 31 balls still in hand, good AI would have meant that they started to push the ball in gaps and look for ones and twos, and if reqd, go for bug shots in the end (if AI actually plays like this, it would be damn awesome as you would then need to bring in fielders to try and cut off those ones and twos to get the AI to hit over the top and in the process give away their wickets)!

Would be great if you could post the runs on board at every fall of wicket, the mode of dismissal, and the overs that were remaining when the dismissals took place as that will give a more proper and real picture!!

My copy of the game has arrived too....shame i have to stay in office till 6pm :(!

Last edited:
Chris you make me conceeding 675-6 dec look alright at 4.3 an over!

That would make me ecstatic. It's now 418/2 off 58.2 overs. That's something along the lines of 7.3 an over

Strauss has 255* (185) which is more than my whole team put on (248)

hat would make me ecstatic. It's now 418/2 off 58.2 overs. That's something along the lines of 7.3 an over

Strauss has 255* (185) which is more than my whole team put on (248)

Believe it or not, you do get used to it!.... as you can imagine its where the best games come from! However i would sick to HUD on for odi's etc! i made the mistake of trying!

Believe it or not, you do get used to it!.... as you can imagine its where the best games come from! However i would sick to HUD on for odi's etc! i made the mistake of trying!

I can't imagine ever getting used to it. I'm a pretty decent batsman with HUD off (if I say so myself) but I was bowling about as accurately as Steve Harmison with a blindfold on. I lost that match just now, had a poor start with the bat and made some silly mistakes but I was never going to do it. Lost by an innings and 200 runs.

I hope the last few wickets you got were not because of the AI playing rash/lofted strokes, as considering that they still fell short by just 31 runs with 31 balls still in hand, good AI would have meant that they started to push the ball in gaps and look for ones and twos, and if reqd, go for bug shots in the end (if AI actually plays like this, it would be damn awesome as you would then need to bring in fielders to try and cut off those ones and twos to get the AI to hit over the top and in the process give away their wickets)!

Would be great if you could post the runs on board at every fall of wicket, the mode of dismissal, and the overs that were remaining when the dismissals took place as that will give a more proper and real picture!!

My copy of the game has arrived too....shame i have to stay in office till 6pm :(!

don't think they played any real rash shots, flintoff was just too quick for some of their lower order batsman and if swann hadnt got styris when he did they would of won! he was set and got caught behind off one that went straight!

going to try my best to write down more information on my next game in the tournement although if i win the toss think i'd rather chase this time to help keep my discipline. still not had a sniff of running out the A1 yet ? they just dont take any risks

Bowling with HUD off is ludicrous. Playing a test match, England (AI) are 336/1 off 46.3 overs

YES! Just bowled an over that went for 2

One mans loss is anothers gain (lllame quote)

This actually is music to my ears - from what Ive heard bowling is too easy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread