How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

I started with all the tutorials and wrapped them up, with minor difficulties with the bowling lessons.

Missed warnie narrating the lessons in AC09

Anyway, the bubble blew off in 2 hours of gaming, the action cam was cool to begin with, but the boundaries and sixes were nice in broadcast view.

I used Hard and minimal HUD for my T20 game, the batting was easy as ever (had to adjust a bit and lost 3 early wickets, 2 tailenders), scored 230/9 in 20 overs (It was over my average in AC09 online). They made the bowling a bit harder, thanks but I was expecting the batting to get hard

I certainly had more fun with AC09 than this one.

I was praying for this game to be good, but...

Shoot me :mad:

Last edited:
Just played my first game.

England vs Australia Twenty20.

I won the toss and chose to bat, got bowled out for 12, AI chased it in 4 overs without once playing an attacking shot.

Hard with Full HUD.

-----

Initial thoughts:

Love the Action Cam, it feels so real! The play and misses are so delicious. The new length is much more realistic and the sounds are great.

Loving it.

Playing another Twenty 20 now, expect a much improved batting performance

^ Good going Mark

After kicking some butt online, played my 1st T20 against AI on hard with minimal HUD

Scored 218. AI chased it with 2 balls to spare. First match and first nail biter. This AI is better then most online players I played today.

alrite played India(me) vs South Africa T20. Made 150 all out in 19.4 overs.

South Africa finished with 152 for 4 in 18.5 overs. Kallis 78*

Action cam is amazing feels very very realistic. AI plays shots very sensibly.

Manages overall game very well. Awesome first experience for me. Time for some

test matches bring it on IC 2010 rockss :D

Just played my first game.

England vs Australia Twenty20.

I won the toss and chose to bat, got bowled out for 12, AI chased it in 4 overs without once playing an attacking shot.

Hard with Full HUD.

-----

Initial thoughts:

Love the Action Cam, it feels so real! The play and misses are so delicious. The new length is much more realistic and the sounds are great.

Loving it.

Playing another Twenty 20 now, expect a much improved batting performance

Bowled out for TWELVE! Nice to see you enjoying it so far. If my game arrives today, I won't be bedding down to sleep until 3 am tonight.

Bowling initial impression

Just played the 1st innings of my 2nd Twenty20 match.

Pakistan (me) vs England.

Positives:

-When the batsman are fresh at the crease they are very affected by bowling plans. They struggle against variation and lots of great cricket moments (inside edges, ball beating bat)

-The length is far more realistic

-Fielders throw flatter, don't bobble simple pick ups

-Sounds in Action cam are much improved but I used broadcast for bowling

Negatives:

Only one big negative during the bowling session. The game has 4 set "lengths", They are

Bouncer
Good
Stumps/LBW
Yorker.

90% of the time the AI would play backfoot shots on the "STUMPS/LBW" length. When KP and Morgan went crazy, they were cutting balls that should have hit halfway up middle stump. I did not care for this one bit and it might be a problem online.

- the set batsman is impossible to remove, they smash lofted shots on almost every delivery.

-------------

Anyways, now Im off to chase a mammoth target after I put up 12 in the last match :p

Its a lot of fun and Ill post again after batting.

Attachments

• DSCN0622.JPG
    DSCN0622.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • DSCN0623.JPG
    DSCN0623.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
Its good to hear that about 80% of pc members are loving the game. i still don't have it but it sounds like a good update for less than a year. There is some things we will need in a patch, backfoot 6,ai little better in test,ect. But this is the first cricket game in 11 years since shane 99 that is a good game overall. I just hope they get the licences and a new engine soon but keep what they have in this game and add stuff. I hate when a cricket game takes away things that a early game had. God ricky 2007 had nets so there is one trickstar.:banana2;);)

I love the Power Stick and Action cam, It feels so good to pinch a 2 when there should only be a 1 by using the correct power :p

Only negative is the half volleys that get hooked/cut to third man for 4's and 6's :facepalm Bowling is bloody difficult for me.

In my short little bit of time with the game so far, started a test match on hard, with hud on, the broadcast view for bowling and the action cam for batting. I'm playing as NZ against Canada, I was able to bowl them out for 67, most of the wickets were catches after some variation, though I got 2 LBWs and a bowled, no run outs though.

Impressions of the bowling -
Pros:
It doesn't feel frustrating, but perhaps knocking a team over cheaply does that
I like the new stick based bowling,
Got the 5 wickets in an innings achievement :).

Cons -
Really don't like the bowling action cam, but the broadcast view is way too far away when bowling pace.
Wickets coming too easily? Catching seems easier to get in the green zone, I dropped nearly everything in AC09, but that might just be keyboard vs controller.
Hate the AI's running between wickets, they go for so many runs and then cancel. Sure it's better than the runout bug, but it is annoying
Beating a minnow easier than some described elsewhere

When I got on to batting, it was instantly clear that I'm terrible and the low target was actually going to be fairly difficult to achieve. When I stopped playing to get back to fixing the server I was 3/20. I just struggled timing it right and the AI was really good with the close in fielders, they left rather large gaps, but there was a close in fielder to pick off the runs that I needed to gain confidence to go for the big shots.

Pros:
Difficult, at the very least at first
Need to get set before you can smash it
AI is smart in the field

Cons:
AI mashes the on the stumps balls, which doesn't help when your timing is off. Rather unrealistic
Front and back foot selection buttons seem the wrong way around to me

Need a lot more time with the game to come to conclusions - and to get to a point where I can play against better opposition.

As a side thing, I tried to have a go at the batting tutorials, and I'm stuck on the looking at your partner while running one, I'm sure I'm doing it all right, but it keeps rejecting it.

^^^
That one was a bugger Matt. I'm sure I pressed the left trigger as soon as I ran and held it until we were all stopped. It still took a few goes mind.

Oh man what a win.

Playing Pak (me) vs Aus in World T20 (hard, action cam, hud minimal)

Bowling first, I had Aus in all kinds of trouble early on. 3 of the first 4 deliveries resulted in a wicket or a wicket oppurtunity. I missed 2 of these, and over the course of their innings missed 5 or 6 catches that would have put them to bed. A powerful 32* (17) from Johnson at the end of their innings put them on 166/7

The only way to describe my innings is with the scorecard

Butt 3 (4)
Akmal 6 (6)
Iqbal 17 (12)
Akmal 0 (0)
Afridi 108* (59)
Ul Haq 0 (1)
Razzaq 11 (8)
Gul 0 (1)
Aamir 20* (26)

167/7 from 19.1 overs

At one stage we were at 25/1. At another we were at 26/5. And at another we were at 45/7.

It was an unbelievable win.

Brook added 11 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

I was praying for this game to be good, but...

Shoot me :mad:

Too easy? Try HUD off?

Playing my first match India vs Scotland (AI), Test match at Kolkatta, on Hard with minimal HUD!

First innings, i got bowled out for 150 (that too because Dhoni made 60 and Sehwag 50)! Simulated Scotland's batting and they got 220! In the second innings I am on 180/0 off 19 overs with Gambhir on 130(75) and Sehwag on 50 (39).

I will play another match against a stronger opposition and see if batting is still so easy :(!

angad added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

As a side thing, I tried to have a go at the batting tutorials, and I'm stuck on the looking at your partner while running one, I'm sure I'm doing it all right, but it keeps rejecting it.

Lol....when you finally clear that 'lookin at your partner' tutorial and take a sigh of relief....you would be hit by another bouncer!! Would not spoil your surprise but would just say...it involves R2 instead of L2 ;)!!

I will play another match against a stronger opposition and see if batting is still so easy !

You cant get that upset, firstly your playing Scotland!

Secondly you got the HUD on?! SO.... play it on its hardest setting!

Users who are viewing this thread