How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Yeah, but it is practically impossible to play like that...

Nope, I have been playign with HUD off all morning and got one batsman to 35 runs before he was finally out.

Its a matter of skill and practice using no HUD

Anyone that thinks their to good against the computer with minimal hud, have you tried playing a game thats a mismatch? Ive just started as Bangladesh VS Windies at Dhaka. If it wasnt the 1st ODI against the aussies on t.v ide be playing it now. I'll post the result when i get it.
Was very shocked that I had to create Tamim iqbal. How could he possibly be missed out of their squad?!
My line up is:
T.Iqbal
I. Kayes
J. Sidique
M. Ashrafaul
M. Mahamudulah
S. Al Hasan (c)
M. Rahim (wk)
N. Islam
S. Hossain
R. Hossain
A. Razzaq

Thats about as good as i can get from them i think.

Last edited:
HUD off batting isn't really that difficult, just probably more appropriate for tests. It takes a while to get going.

Played my very first game on hard. ODI Aus (me) v Eng at Lords. After 10 overs, England are spanking me all over the place. 0/70. I saved this and started an IPL on hard playing as the Aces (Royal Challengers). Scored 7/168 in 20 overs - quite happy with this considering its my first time batting. Enjoyed it too. Boucher came in late and got us to a semi competitive total with some nice sixes.

See hiw I go bowling later, after watching England bow out of the World Cup tonight, followed by the Socceroos miraculously making it through!!!! :laugh

played my first t20 game against AI

Aus(me) V Eng on hard with action cam for both bat n bowl n min HUD

Aus : 239/8 in 20 overs
Eng : 206/6 in 20 overs

Impressions :

batting is reallu easy with action cam
played a bit cautiously in the beginning but then was smashing AI all around
spin is really very easy to hit

bowling is a bit difficult with action cam but u adjust fast
AI were always in the game
i think the best chase by an AI in any cricket game till now
they countered my every field change and looked to play in gaps

one really bad thing was that when only 2 overs were left and AI needed around 35-36 runs they did not show any intend to play lofted shots to good balls unlike in the earlier overs
donno if this is one off

nyways AI are good but i dont think u will have any prob beating them using good teams

HUD off is different all together but still playable will try that soon

here is the twist
i played another game with Scotland(me) V Aus
and was bowled out for 30 runs or so:D

You cant get that upset, firstly your playing Scotland!

Secondly you got the HUD on?! SO.... play it on its hardest setting!

No no...not upset at all :)!! Firstly I was playing Scotland...and then it was in Kolkatta where the wicket was good to bat on once you get set (thats what david loyd said hehe)!!

Will try playing stronger teams on wickets suited to bowlers and then judge batting in this game :)!

AS for HUD off, i did try playin with HUD off but found it a lil boring actually as, it seems, you can just play down the 'V' safely as aiming at all other areas seems even more risky than it is for the tailenders in a real match ;)! Its risky because you have to pre-determine the line of the delivery to time the shot well instead of just playing it after watchin the line of the delivery! Thats what I felt after playing for 5-6 overs with HUD off. If anyone else has played a lot with HUD off and has managed to score all around the ground (i.e without any lucky pre-determined shots) then let me know....il practice on this mode only then :)!

If anyone else has played a lot with HUD off and has managed to score all around the ground then let me know....
Haven't had much difficulty getting a shots all around the ground with the HUD off so far although I did have a shock once when I Trott got to 25 and my wagon wheel pointed out every run had been gained via an on drive. Would have thought the AI would have adapted the field to compensate although they were mainly singles so maybe it only responds to boundaries (?)

Currently playing on normal while I get used to things. HUD off for batting and minimal for bowling. Loving the action cam.

Batting is proving to be a challenge so far but for all the right reasons. Normally finding myself edging or getting bowled/LBW when I have anticipated line and length based on the previous deliveries only to be caught out by a change of pace or length etc. Frustrating as I haven?t got a batsman above 50ish yet but still oddly satisfying in a perverse sort of way. :D

Bowling is certainly fun and I not sharing people?s trepidations about the action cam as I think it works really well. Have a small issue with the bowling tutorials as they seem to have given away the formula to dramatically improving your chances of getting a wicket i.e. 3 outswingers followed by an inswinger. Probably would have done this anyway but a little mystery might have helped. Feels a tad too easy at the moment but guessing that will go away with the move up to hard difficulty or when I finally have the guts to take on the better teams.

Game modes are all good from what I?ve tried so far even if my first test match finished early on day 2 (but I was playing the Canadians and my batting wasn?t much good either so I?ll forgive that). Am I missing the option to play a test series or is that not a feature of this game? Disappointed if not.

Still early days but happy so far.

Am I the only person who has started by trying Normal difficulty?

Game: Test match between WI (me) and South Africa (AI)
Setting: Normal, minimal HUD

End of first session, Day 1
SAF are 93/3

A bit worried that it might be too easy to take wickets as a spinner.

Enjoying the game, though. Might move to Hard difficulty once I feel I am getting too good for Normal.

End of first session, Day 1
SAF are 93/3

Not the worst effort from the AI on Normal.

Was looking at the stats in more detail the other night as i was rolling Pakistan out for a low total.

For example Butt opening for Pakistan is rated about 70 wheras Herchelle Gibbs for South Africa is rated 88!!....

There is such a massive gap, making Pakistan almost like minnows!!

I was disappointed with the T20 game i had, so tried a 50 over ODI (Hard, minimal HUD), I was going great guns, until i got bundled in the 29th over (300+ runs) against Australia @ Grenada. They thrashed me and reached the score pretty easily, I might have to switch to broadcast view while bowling.
I should say, am really impressed with the AI's tactics, except the field placement

It is a nice addition to AC09, but does not warrant a new title, a patch would be swell (premium patch, one less disc at home)

Will I buy another edition say 11 in January, ofcourse I would, with my eyes closed. I could not resist, i love cricket games.
I enjoy the ride i am being taken.

I was disappointed with the T20 game i had, so tried a 50 over ODI (Hard, minimal HUD), I was going great guns, until i got bundled in the 29th over (300+ runs) against Australia @ Grenada. They thrashed me and reached the score pretty easily, I might have to switch to broadcast view while bowling.
I should say, am really impressed with the AI's tactics, except the field placement

It is a nice addition to AC09, but does not warrant a new title, a patch would be swell (premium patch, one less disc at home)

Will I buy another edition say 11 in January, ofcourse I would, with my eyes closed. I could not resist, i love cricket games.
I enjoy the ride i am being taken.

That's most cricket fans in nutshell - sucker for any cricket game we can lay our hands on :)

I wish EA comes up with a game prior to the world cup next year as it's been nearly 3-4 years since EA released their last cricket title. Plus it would augur well for us if both EA and Codies publish cricket titles.

Hopefully IPL takes off as well which may lead to more cricket titles in the future.

I wish EA comes up with a game prior to the world cup next year as it's been nearly 3-4 years since EA released their last cricket title. Plus it would augur well for us if both EA and Codies publish cricket titles.

I doubt it is going to happen, I would love to be wrong on this one :p

I hope EA does that though. I mean even if they release EA Cricket 07 with 360 degree shot selection I would buy the game in a jiffy.

The reason I am hopeful is that EA was working on a cricket game in 2009 and AC09 was a commercial success and at this point IC10 seems to be following AC09's footsteps. Plus with potential related to success of IPL & world cup may sway EA to invest in cricket title.

I hope EA does that though. I mean even if they release EA Cricket 07 with 360 degree shot selection I would buy the game in a jiffy.

I would too, while you are at it, add online gameplay

I read in one of the PC thread that EA has the official ICC rights, hope they make use of it this year or the next or the next ....

Users who are viewing this thread