How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

England (Me) Vs Australia (Hard)

All huds are on atm. Using broadcast for bowling and action for batting.

I win the toss and elect to bowl.

Bowled mainly outswingers, and once every over bringing one delivery back in. Occasionally i mixed in a short or slow ball as the last ball of the over.

After their openers surviving the first bowling spell of Broad and Anderson Bresnan found the edge of watson and cook snapped it up at slip. Ponting strides to the crease and is caught lbw. A straight ball yorker. Was a very pleasing wicket as i hit the meter at the best possible point, and it was pontings first ball. Next ball try it again and somehow Hussey cuts a yorker for 6, upon checking the replays it had turned into a half tracker lulz.

Screens

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 35
Next ball try it again and somehow Hussey cuts a yorker for 6, upon checking the replays it had turned into a half tracker lulz.

Yeah that really sucks - a patch is needed :upray

Yeah that really sucks - a patch is needed :upray

I'm also finding it hard to contain batsmen with spinners. Its possible to keep the runs down with a tight field, but the batsmen very rarely block good balls from spinners unless its their first couple of balls faced at the crease.

Australia have just lost 3 quick wickets to spin in my efforts to try and keep things tight. I think ill need to reload the save from drinks and not have a mid wicket.

First Session

My spin bowling is starting to improve a little, but the cpu definitely finds it easier to score against the spinners. Looking fairly realistic, apart from the lack of boundaries. Playing with 2 slips only, 2 on the boundary the rest in the circle.

Screens

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 23
Pretty evenly poised there Gas!

3/98 after 30. Looks the goods.

Yeah, i still have a feeling they will make a low score though. Hopefully im proved wrong.

I'm also finding it hard to contain batsmen with spinners. Its possible to keep the runs down with a tight field, but the batsmen very rarely block good balls from spinners unless its their first couple of balls faced at the crease.

Haven't played any tests yet, but in one dayers (20 or 50) I have the sneaky suspicion that when a batsmans confidence is bold (and definitely when fearless) the match situation is not taken in to account at all. I have had AI teams scoring at 9 rpo in a 50 over match after say 20 overs with 6 wickets down.
Even in this situation if you bowl with orange cursor and bowl with poor/good execution the batsman just goes for it, despite the fact I am bowling most teams out within 35 overs (on hard, no HUD)

My point is that where you bowl, the execution of the delivery and the batsmans confidence seem far more important than match situation (this is after over a weeks play)

I play all my games on Hard and i have found all forms of the game pretty realistic.
IC10 is a massive improvement from AC09.
IMO.

Haven't played any tests yet, but in one dayers (20 or 50) I have the sneaky suspicion that when a batsmans confidence is bold (and definitely when fearless) the match situation is not taken in to account at all. I have had AI teams scoring at 9 rpo in a 50 over match after say 20 overs with 6 wickets down.
Even in this situation if you bowl with orange cursor and bowl with poor/good execution the batsman just goes for it, despite the fact I am bowling most teams out within 35 overs (on hard, no HUD)

My point is that where you bowl, the execution of the delivery and the batsmans confidence seem far more important than match situation (this is after over a weeks play)

Yeah that sounds about right.

I can't imagine bowling on hard without any hud, i have had real trouble keeping the scoring below 4rpo in this test match and that is with the broadcast cam, full hd and custom fields to try and plug those gaps.

I've bowled out Aus for 208 off 54.3 overs. Dropped around 7 catches, so i think i could probably knock 40+ runs off maybe more if i had taken them.

Think i need to edit some batsmen skill to have the ability of Michael Clarke as i found him quite tricky to remove.

Katich was lucky, i dropped him several times.

I quite enjoy bowling, i just wish we could tone down the aggressive nature of the ai a tad when batting as it might help to preserve their wickets. As i got further down the order i noticed that the ai stopped guarding their wickets like the openers did, which meant although they scored their runs quickly they were giving more chances.

Now its time to bat like Michael Atherton. I have never managed to get a batsmen to full confidence yet.

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 37
I started liking the game, particularly the longer version. The T20 against AI is a joke, we should have just 5 or 6 players per team to make it interesting and less of a slog fest.

Jokes apart, the ODI (50 overs) is really challenging. I was able to score freely, but kept loosing wickets, with AC09 I was hitting boundaries at will, all with ground shots, i seldom try lofted shots, unless a tail-ender is in the middle.
With IC10, finding the rope is hard using ground shots, so I tend to use lofted shots, thus loosing the wickets early. AI chasing is really good, I do not use close in fielders as it will result in a easy victory, so lost all the matches till date. But had good fun, I defended the target on all the matches.

Played a test match, took my own sweet time and scored 145/1 in 25 overs, I called it a day after that.

Glad they retained the broadcast view, I am sure it did not sit well for everyone, it did not for me when bowling (I am yet to switch to broadcast view while bowling), I can live with it while batting. they should have better graphics for "Action cam" to be more enjoyable (Not that it is bad now, we need more ;) )

Pros
1) AI tactics while bowing, they are superb, it was almost like playing a human, they mix the deliveries well.
2) Yorkers produce decent results (for AI)
3) No more cross batted shots square of the wicket (On side), at-least this was my case. In Ac09, you can pretty much whack any ball towards square-leg for easy runs,
4) Getting beaten outside off
5) The tournaments are nice and makes a lot of sense with the stat tracking 6) Bugs of Ac09 are gone (new ones surfaced, but they are not game breakers anyway)
PS : AI Fielding is a bit better, In ac09 you can run a single when the fielder in midoff/midon gets a one bounce ball, he will fumble the ball to the ground, we can run across the pitch without any 2nd thoughts. This was annoying as the animation of the fielder dabbing the ball and then running back to collect it, i did not see this one either in IC10. Thanks

Con's a.k.a things to be patched
1) AI field placements, they are terrible. It is high time AI starts using custom field and place the guys at strategic positions. I do not like the idea of close by fielders grabbing everything on their path, but at-least help the bowler with the right field settings.
This would improve the game play drastically and will compliment the new improved AI
2) Bowing with ActionCam
3) Edges, It is cool to be caught behind when you miscue a shot, but I got a bunch of boundaries and 6's off the edge. I think this was expected and was discussed during the patch development process.
4) Spinners are a bit better, but we can still fire every ball over/towards the ropes, without even climbing down the track.
5) When a bowler is being taken apart, the AI should bring in a new bowler, not until he finishes his spell of 4/5 overs. (50 over ODI)
6) I would not term it as a con, the timing window needs to be tweaked (action cam), It is almost like wait for the ball to come out of the hand and press the button to hit it, lots of room for improvement.

Lighter moments during the game
1) Try a backfoot cover drive (stupid to even think of) on a yorker, you will see the ball chasing the bat (The ball becomes a beamer), it happens one in 5 times.
2) At times the ball starts floating between stumps and the keeper, mostly when we get beaten on the leg side.
3) When the batsman gets hit he walks right through the stumps, glad they did not give a hit-wicket.

It is a nice and a better iteration to AC09, I started with a T20 and was caught on the wrong foot, I feel that this game is for folks who wants to give a shot at Test and 50 over ODI's. I have not tried online, but hope they resolve the server issues.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that when you bowl a full deliver to the AI batsman they're able to pull it for 6/4 runs?? And when you watch the replay of the shot, when the ball pitches it darts right up like a rocket in order for the batsman to connect with the ball whilst playing the pull shot.

This is very poor and needs to fixed.

Also when bowling in T20 it feels a bit random but i'm not complaining too much because i'm not that intrested in T20 in all honesty, more of my focus is on 50over and test cricket which is very playable.

So just a couple of things to be tweaked but still this game is largely impressive and enjoyable.

I quite enjoy bowling, i just wish we could tone down the aggressive nature of the ai a tad when batting as it might help to preserve their wickets. As i got further down the order i noticed that the ai stopped guarding their wickets like the openers did, which meant although they scored their runs quickly they were giving more chances.
i agree with this - middle/lower order will keep being aggressive if you bowl with orange cursor and poor delivery execution. As you stated, this inflates the run rate and leads to many catching opportunities. If you bowl with light green cursor and excellent delivery execution they will play less aggressive sometimes but even then, if they are fearless, they still smack excellent executed deliveries to the boundary

Has anyone noticed that when you bowl a full deliver to the AI batsman they're able to pull it for 6/4 runs?? And when you watch the replay of the shot, when the ball pitches it darts right up like a rocket in order for the batsman to connect with the ball whilst playing the pull shot.

This is very poor and needs to fixed.

This has been noted many times already and it does affect my enjoyment when bowling :noway

End of Day 1 in my "Ashes Test"

This is easily the best Test match game out there. I am England btw.

Some key moments of Australia's innings:

Katich has been a rock, he has not played a risky shot yet
Punter counter attacked after Watson wicket fell
Hussey tried to counter attack after Ponting fell but I picked him up.
Clarke and Katich stepped up the run rate in the middle of the final session and slowed down in the last 5 overs.

Starting day 2 tomorrow, hopefully Australia can put up a decent total, but nothing too massive!

Below is the summary I had written for the England innings
Ok so my 1st Ashes Test

I was bowled out for 200 ishin a shade over 2 sessions. Hauritz took 3 and went for a 2ish rpo. The batting was fantastic, this game is very realistic in Tests. The bounce increased in the 2nd session when the sun was out and deliveries in the morning I could not leave, now were bouncing comfortably over the stumps. The lighting effects are brilliant and its very obvious that the Sun is out.

The entire point of Test match batting is to get set, this means at least Bold in confidence. Morgan top scored for me and his innings could not have been scripted better by a cricket historian.

Morgan comes out at 40/3, starts off very aggressively to take the momentum back from the bowlers, gets to 14 from 8 balls and then along with Colly gets to 50 from 70 odd balls. Then Colly falls and Morgan hits a rut, other wickets keep to tumble and Morgan is in the 50s for almost 7 overs. His confidence went from Fearless to Timid in that time! Finally got Swann to hold his own at the other end and just take dots. This gave Morgan some breathing room and he got another 20 odd before finally being bowled through the gate for 80 odd.

There were genuine periods when the bowlers were on top, that is Test cricket. I don't want to jump the gun, but this is easily the best Test match I have played in a cricket game.

Starting the 2nd innigns now, will post pictures next time.

Attachments

• DSCN0626.JPG
    DSCN0626.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread