How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Tea on Day 2 in my England vs Australia Test at the MCG. I went into my 2nd batting innings trailing by 121 and it didn't look like I'd get past that as I batted awfully being reduced to 44/5 with Johnson, Siddle and Hauritz getting the wickets. Strauss went for 4, Cook for 8, Trott for 13, Collingwood for 1 and Bell for 1. So from that point it was up to Pietersen and Prior to salvage the game and give us a chance, and luckily the partnership flourished as I put on 135 runs with those 2. Prior eventually fell, edging behind off Siddle for 48, but Pietersen is still going strong on 144*.

Currently leading the Test by 103 runs with Pietersen carving the bowling attack all over the shop. I'm hoping I can keep going and hopefully set the Australian's a difficult chase of around 220-230. Definitley need the tail to wag for that to be come realistic though.

Day 2 in my Test as well and England are in for a heavy defeat. Australia just need 130 to win, I will post more when I start the 2nd Test and I lost this one comprehensively.

I batted for a grand total of 80 overs in 2 innings! You really have to concentrate while batting, a little complacency and you will get out

Finished a test as India against England at Headingley on Hard with Minimal HUD. Won the toss and decided to bowl as I generally like to chase against AI. Eng scored 267 in their first innings. In my first innings was 224/3 (Anderson & Broad 1 wkt each, 1 run-out) and then declared. The reason I declared was once you get the hang of timing it's pretty easy to bat and I wanted to chase a bigger total in the 4th innings just to see whether it's tougher to bat and score in the 4th innings.

Eng managed to score 246 in the second innings and I was left a target of around 290 to win. Conditions did appear to be different in the 4th innings with the pitch showing wear & tear along with a few cracks but I found batting against AI fast bowlers easier in the 2nd innings than the first. In fact I had more problems against Collingwood and Swann than I did against Anderson, Onions or Broad. Managed to chase the total down with 4 wkts down (Collingwood - 2 wkts, Swann - 1 wkt, Anderson - 1 wkt) with Dravid unbeaten on 110.

I found the key to scoring was to play early than late. If you are early it's either inside edges or you mistime the shot but you are more likely to edge to slips if you play late.

Finished a test as India against England at Headingley on Hard with Minimal HUD. Won the toss and decided to bowl as I generally like to chase against AI. Eng scored 267 in their first innings. In my first innings was 224/3 (Anderson & Broad 1 wkt each, 1 run-out) and then declared. The reason I declared was once you get the hang of timing it's pretty easy to bat and I wanted to chase a bigger total in the 4th innings just to see whether it's tougher to bat and score in the 4th innings.

Eng managed to score 246 in the second innings and I was left a target of around 290 to win. Conditions did appear to be different in the 4th innings with the pitch showing wear & tear along with a few cracks but I found batting against AI fast bowlers easier in the 2nd innings than the first. In fact I had more problems against Collingwood and Swann than I did against Anderson, Onions or Broad. Managed to chase the total down with 4 wkts down (Collingwood - 2 wkts, Swann - 1 wkt, Anderson - 1 wkt) with Dravid unbeaten on 110.

I found the key to scoring was to play early than late. If you are early it's either inside edges or you mistime the shot but you are more likely to edge to slips if you play late.

Why complain? play on the hardest mode mate. it will be obvious you will get hang of timing when you are minimal. Try and play like real cricket and see if you can win it on no HUD mode.

Last edited:
So i decided to give a go at ODI custom tournament (50 over) 8 teams:

Group A: India, Pakistan, Australia, West Indies
Group B: South Africa, New Zealand, England, Srilanka

Match 1 itself turned out to be a thriller: India (me) vs. Aus (AI) on Hard, minimal HUD, action cam for both bowling and batting.

India won the toss and put Australia to bat at Harare stadium. Australia were off to a bad start losing 4 wickets in first 15 overs but maintaining a healthy rate of 6 rpo - 94/5.

A fighting partnership between Michael Hussey and Clarke ensured that Australia finished at a score of 246 all out in 43 overs.

India started strong with Tendulkar and Sehwag going full guns. I have to say I never got so many 4s with ground shots in test matches that I did over here. 120/1 in 18 overs. Tendulkar got out at 80 from 68 balls and that started a collapse - Tendulkar, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Sehwag.

Dhoni & Raina had to play real defensive to start with and then played some shots getting to 190/4. Wickets again after that and Yorkers were way too frustrating. I try to defend yorkers or play a low power straight shot nothing worked it kept going below the bat and clean bowled....

Eventually Harbhajan Singh guided India to victory at 247/9 it was a thriller ! They weren't very intelligent in field placement with just 1 run remaining but they kept bowling yorkers consecutive overs....

Next match India vs. West Indies.

Update...

Ai needs to keep playing how the openers play...

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 52
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 23
Try not bowling 2 spinners? They seem overpowered, especially with England

Try not bowling 2 spinners? They seem overpowered, especially with England

Oh no Mark, definitely not the way to go. Without the ai slogging Swann the score would have been much less.

Ah roger that, well I noticed something similar and I just started a match using non licensed teams to see if they score more.

Batted first as SA and got 240 in 2 sessions, Start of the evening session on Day 1 and NZ are in, will post results soon.

BTW Gas, what is your highest score on hard batting? I can't get past 240ish for the life of me.

Ah roger that, well I noticed something similar and I just started a match using non licensed teams to see if they score more.

Batted first as SA and got 240 in 2 sessions, Start of the evening session on Day 1 and NZ are in, will post results soon.

BTW Gas, what is your highest score on hard batting? I can't get past 240ish for the life of me.

Yeah i find it reasonably easy to contain batsmen with seam bowlers and leg spinners. But for some reason the perfect green line with Swann encourages a lot of cpu slogging.

My highest score would be whatever i got in the first innings 228 or something.

My batting is pretty bad, i lose concentration after a while, not yet got a batsmen past 48. I think if i slogged a bit more id probably get higher scores.

I also try to leave and block several deliveries per over then pick one or two balls to attack in an over. Of course, that all depends if the balls were bad and if my confidence is high enough to warrant an attacking shot.

If I'm fresh at the crease i block, take singles from blocks and do really weak attacking shots to pick up singles.

The batting aspect is awesome, its very realistic. If you don't pay attention and lose concentration you will get out.

Had my custom player on 50, hit about 3 boundaries in 2 overs to get him there, Rest and confident. Bond hits me 3 times in a row (fuzzy screen), he was now Timid and weary! Next ball, tried to defend a good length on the backfoot, and edge to McCullum.

Love moments like those.

Currently in my Test NZ are 11/0 in 7.0 overs, Steyn and Morkel drying it up, no chances yet but a few edges.

The batting aspect is awesome, its very realistic. If you don't pay attention and lose concentration you will get out.

Had my custom player on 50, hit about 3 boundaries in 2 overs to get him there, Rest and confident. Bond hits me 3 times in a row (fuzzy screen), he was now Timid and weary! Next ball, tried to defend a good length on the backfoot, and edge to McCullum.

Love moments like those.

Currently in my Test NZ are 11/0 in 7.0 overs, Steyn and Morkel drying it up, no chances yet but a few edges.

Nice one, thats pretty tight bowling. I remember doing something similar at the start of my game. If you can keep their confidence down at the start you can really bowl a tight spell.

Imo though once they get 2/3 down they stop playing sensibly and start giving away too many chances. Its a real shame as if we could crank another 100+ runs out of them it would make for some great test matches.

Now to see if i can chase down 190. :)

I reckon the game's great.

It's funny, but I'm getting into Test Matches more than the T20 & ODI's

I played a few T20's and just got sick of having to score at 10-15 runs per over and slogging all the time. get's a bit boring after a while.

Just started a test series (Aus v Eng) in Australia. bit of an ashes preview :D, playing the 1st test in Brisbane, Eng won the toss and elected to bowl on a 40 degree day.

10 overs in I'm 0/12, slow going with Phil Hughes & Shane Watson opening but I'm really enjoying it. just taking my time and building my innings.

Not saying the T20 & ODI's aren't ok but there's just that traditional thing about test cricket which I love. anybody else the same?

Users who are viewing this thread