How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

continuing my NZ SA Test match...

NZ (AI) need 358 runs in the final innings, its currently the final session on Day 2.

They were rolled out for 113 in 34.2 overs the 1st time, lets hope that was an anomaly. Ill post a final scorecard summary picture once the match is over. I think I might be in line for my 1st Test win on Hard :)

I think the codies needs to fix the issues like

1)Hooking and pulling Full length balls for me personally annoys.I think the shots like hook and pull should be disabled for full length balls.

2)Lots of strokes needs re working

3)Field setup is anything but horrible.

4)Fielders on the boundary cant stop the ball which is like 1 feet besides them and neither can they slide. They field like as if they have plenty of time to slide or walk slowly to pick up and the fling it back.

5)AI seems to not take two's which are quite easy to get. But it is better than runouts.

6)There is also issue when the ball is hit high in the air and the fielder automatically fields after the bounce with out giving us a chance to t6row the ball.

7)Even some catching animation can be reworked like diving forward and catching and running backward and catching with one hand etc..

8)Commentary too as stated before by people needs to be completly changed.

Last edited:
1st Test Match Victory on Hard

Finally won a match and in comprehensive style.

Steyn and Morkel proved too much for New Zealand on a green Auckland wicket as South Africa won by 224 runs on morning of Day 3.

Steyn finished with match figures of 9/57 off 21.2 overs.

Ross Taylor was the only kiwi who put up a fight.

For the next Test, I am going to play a 3 match series against Australia in Australia to see I can make it more competitive. Also trying to go for the Trophy for getting 600 runs in a Test innings, seeing as I have not even passed 300, it seems a long shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.

When ever I play cricket games, I follow the current tours and matches taking place in real life. Currently Im playing as Aus 'touring' England and having very realistic and awesome games:

Game 1: Aus (me) v Eng, Hard, Minimal HUD 50 overs ODI at Cardiff (D/N)

Aus 8/280 (Watson 151*, Hauritz 50) off 50.0 overs
Eng 275 all out (Pieterson 78, Morgan 50*, Collingwood 50, Haurtiz 5/91) of 47 overs

Game 2: Aus (me) v Pak T20 at Edgbaston

Aus 7/168 (Watson 100*)
Pakistan 3/170 off 17.2 overs (Butt 78*)

Game 3 (current): Aus (me) v Pak Test Match at Headingley

Day 1: Cloudy, cool conditions, Pak win the toss and elect to bat

Pak 3/168 43 overs (Watson 3/31, Butt 42, U Akmal 28*)

Im having a really enjoyable and realistic match.

When bowling in test matches, I do simple things so the AI dont lose the plot and give their wickets away:

I never change delivery at the last moment
I use only the preset fields, with no short cover

and so far the results are positive. They are being quite aggressive against Haurtiz, but when he bowls in the light green I can contain them.

I know it's in the rules of this game but I hate playing people with custom field settings!!

And who agrees that this game is more batter friendly than Asher09?
My average has gone up!

Sri Lanka (Me) v New Zealand @ Colombo

NZ bats first,

14.2ovs 47 ao

All I wanted was a good game of test cricket :(

NZ bats first,

14.2ovs 47 ao

This makes me wonder why I spent 37 quid on getting the game...

NZ bats first,

14.2ovs 47 ao

Oh man! How is this possible? I mean it happens sometimes, once in a blue moon when England are playing, but c'mon Codies please don't tell me we are going backwards on this!

NZ is ████ in the game, I rolled them out recently in a Test as well

Glad to hear that Mark, I'm using minimal HUD, I can't use the HUD off.

I'll start up another test match after today's highlights.

Just started aus AI v eng ME on hard and min huds for bat and bowling...

Lost toss at Brisbane on a hot clear and flat pitch ,
after 82 overs of hard slog AUS 425 for 6
bowled a few to many no balls and dropped about 5 catches , which where so quick and hard to catch and had 3 lbw that might have gone other way,
at the moment not sure if this is a great game yet the AI can do some odd things when batting , which are not like in real cricket , some shots are not possiable of the leagths I bowl , will add too as I play.......
Graham

Still bowling this beginning to feel very random , catches are made far to quick you bowl good balls but never any reward.
2nd day still bowling 90 overs and counting 466 for six , I might just keep to batting .........

Definitely think that the spinners get too many wickets - mainly because that any edge is miraculously caught by the wicketkeeper.

So (I know its lame) to keep things fair and get proper scores I don't let the wicketkeeper take catches off spinners.

Thanks Trickstar for this blaring ****-up in the first place.

Oh yeah - way to go Engand :D

In my first test match so far, I've bowled Australia out for 299 in 73.4 overs, with Aamer taking 5/70 and Kaneria taking 4/101

Then in reply, I'm 228/3 in 36 overs although couldve easily been 5 down for 200 as Ponting dropped Afridi at slip and Haddin dropped Misbah. In response, Afridi is on 31 off 10 balls (4 fours 2 sixes) so I may need to slow down a bit with him although he's really high on confidence.

FYI I'm playing with full HUD, action cam for batting, and broadcast for bowling. I'd say I won't look too much into the high run rate in this game, because say if this game was in a real tournament type setting, I would not have Afridi on 30 off 10 balls. Also I'd say Misbah would be on 70 odd instead of the 100 he's about to get.

As far as how I've gotten dismissed, I'm overly ok with that - Butt went to an inside edge trying to play a backfoot drive through the covers, Khalid Latif was out defending towards the slips, and Umar Akmal got out I think driving to the slips off of Hauritz.

And then 2 catches dropped off of Hilfanhaus as I said earlier (Afridi and Misbah).

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread